VIDEO - Epcot's new Tip Board goes live with all new features

lilredfoxie

I liked the older one better, it gave you the wait times and it was large enough to be read from a distance so you could plan where to go next. It reminded me of those digital sign boards of the highways warning you of traffic.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I liked the older one better, it gave you the wait times and it was large enough to be read from a distance so you could plan where to go next. It reminded me of those digital sign boards of the highways warning you of traffic.

That's about the only thing I liked about the old one, but maybe they'll modify this one...they certainly have a lot more options now

AEfx

That's what I was thinking, as well. You could read the old one from rather far away - this one also seems lower, so people standing in front trying to read will make it more difficult to see.

But it sure is prettier. ;)

Slowjack

Seriously... old board looked tired. Total relic from 1994.
I think they are expressing preference for utility over style. The old board style was unattractive, and looked dated as soon as they were put up, but I have to agree with those who think it's a problem that you'll have to walk right up to these to read them. Also, giving half the space to a Twitter feed, which provides no useful info whatsoever, makes the situation worse.

hpyhnt 1000

I think they are expressing preference for utility over style. The old board style was unattractive, and looked dated as soon as they were put up, but I have to agree with those who think it's a problem that you'll have to walk right up to these to read them. Also, giving half the space to a Twitter feed, which provides no useful info whatsoever, makes the situation worse.

Agreed. If you were interested about Epcot or the F&W Festival on Twitter, you probably have already been looking at Twitter on your phone or laptop. Devoting half the tip board to people saying how much they want to go to the F&W Festival is pointless. The whole notion of "electronic babble" from SSE '94 rings truer each day.

Now, if they were only displaying the actual info about F&W, like chef appearances or who's playing at Eat to the Beat or pictures of the foods you can get, that would be helpful. This board is definitely an improvement over the previous one and has a lot of potential; its a shame its being utilized as a glorified Twitter feed... :brick:

SirNim

You know what would be cool?

A wraparound LED fascia band (like the ones seen in major league sports arenas) along the tops of each of the Innoventions buildings. It'd be the largest outdoor news ticker in the world!

askmike1

For those screaming for utility over style, remember there are 2 large tip boards on either side of future world that show only the wait times in huge letters. So quit complaining.

Kamikaze

Yes, thats what we need in Future World

lilredfoxie

Yes, thats what we need in Future World

they could have done it better, perhaps kept a large screen but used the map of Epcot as the map and had in large text the waiting times displayed above each attraction on the map. Instead we got a cluttered information center that is unreadable from a distance, and going to be crowded by people trying to read it as they go by, which will require you to stop in front of it in order to see it.

and whats wrong with having a clear, easy to read display telling you the wait times from afar, allowing you to plan your way around the park more efficiently. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom