Video camera or no?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I am traveling solo from Oct 18-28 and I'm debating on getting a video camera. Has anyone else solo brought one, or would it just be better to bring the digi cam? Thanks as always everyone! :wave:

MansionFan415

Depends on how you feel about it honestly. Is simply a matter of personal opinion.

If you have a small enough video cam to take around with you, I would by all means take it. Pictures are of course great to have lasting memories to look at any time, and I would highly recommend it. But to be able to hear the music and such on videos is always fun after getting back home.

Like I said, if have a small enough video cam, take it along. If not, then just stick with the pictures since you'll be travelling alone and have to carry it all yourself instead of being able to pawn it off onto other people!:D

CThaddeus

I can't live without mine at Disneyland or Disney World. But then I've been doing a personal chronicle of the Parks and their changes through the years. And I also love watching the attractions over and over again. I just can't get tired of most of them.

Rob562

Fallen Angel said:
I am traveling solo from Oct 18-28 and I'm debating on getting a video camera. Has anyone else solo brought one, or would it just be better to bring the digi cam? Thanks as always everyone! :wave:

I bought a new digital camera in November, the Kodak V550. While my old Kodak camera took video, it wasn't the greatest. The new camera takes 640x480 30frames per second video. So, I was able to have both a digital camera and a video camera in one. There are a number of cameras out there that do this, too. The only thing I learned is that my camera has trouble with video as the memory card reaches its' capacity. Solution: Get a 2Gig card for it. :) (Good enough for ~1200 5MP pics or 55 minutes of video)

-Rob

dolbyman

I have an expolorer west ... enough pokets for spare batts, filters, hoods and a secure waterproof tamrac (made in USA :cool: ) for my video equip

just to be sure my tamrac is stuffed with silica gel bags to keep the cams dry :)

Sparkle81

To be honest, I can't imagine being at any Disney park without my video camera. It's invaluable for the times when I'm pining to be back there, and to watch things over and remember the happy memories brings a smile to my face every time :)

(This is my first ever post btw, so please don't throw things....yet :animwink: )

GothMickey

I brought my video camera with me and honestly, I hated lugging it with me everywhere. As much as I would love to video everything, lugging the thing stunk.

Scooter

We brought our video camera for 3 trips.
After that everything your film starts getting repetative.
We must have 18 hours of video of WDW attractiions.
We don't bring it anymore.

TLM323

Here's an option ...

They now have "One Time Use" Video Cameras (I've seen them in CVS Pharmacy). They are around $30 (and you get about 30 minutes of footage). I am thinking of buying one, but, I'm not sure if 30 Minutes is enough of a souvenier?!? There is also an additional charge of $10 to process the "film" ~ they give you a DVD to keep. My girlfriend just used one on her vacation, and she thought it was great! She took 2 or 3 minutes (literally) of of her children, each day. (Just so you know, you can view & erase what you've just taped!). I was thinking, if I buy one, I might just use it with a specific THEME in mind ... maybe, only at the hotel pool (so I don't have to lug it to the parks!), or ONLY when the kids are with Disney Characters (if I'm really feeling creative!). We'll see. Just a thought!

~ Tammy

wannabeBelle

for my last trip my travel buddy brought her video camera and we had somewhere in the area of 9 hours of footage and that was light filming by comparison to what we normally do!!!! I like my pics, i LOVE my videos!!! Belle

M. Racer

I recommend bringing a video camera if it's easy to handle. A case that you can wear around your waist is a must. If it's your first time at WDW you may want to skip it so you can take it all in ad not be so focused on what to tape and what you can see through your lense or on your little screen. If you've been there before or plan to go again, by all means film the good stuff.
It's great to have video at those times when you're jonesin' for a visit.

Justin5000

well im only got a 140 dollars from allouance and i got me a Finepix fugifilm 360 it's a mini normal camera and it's available in a pack 140 something at florida wal-mart i was in a hurry to get one i got one cheap and it does videoi come with 16 mb XD card hold 8pics or 30 secondes of video at first now i got 512 XD Card it work's grate:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom