Via Napoli

jrlbc06

I love it! But I love that style of pizza. I will agree that the topping distribution is off, but I just layer on the Parmesan cheese and accept that some slices are gonna have more toppings

Prince-1

I've posted this opinion before, but since this is a new thread, I'm happy to post again.

We thought this place was a major disappointment. We kept hearing from everyone how this was the best pizza in the world, and as total pizza fanatics, we had to try it.

Let me just let some pictures do the talking. This is a pie from our local NY pizzeria, Salvatore's, a coal fired neighborhood treasure that is constantly rated five stars on Yelp and is hands down the best pie we've ever had. I believe the below pizza has spinach, garlic, eggplant and mushroom:

View attachment 139758
Then, another night at Salvatore's, we tried tomato and ricotta - amazing - View attachment 139759

Compare the above two pizzas to the abomination that was flung at us at Via Napoli:

View attachment 139760

That is my partner Phil staring at it with sort of a "what the hell is this" expression. I believe that would be a mushroom and "chopped tomato" pie. First, please note the topping distribution.Notice how some slices are packed with "chopped tomato" and other slices are having a serious tomato crisis. Also please note that the chopped tomato definition is technically correct, but these are just cherry tomatoes sliced in half. Now, notice that big clump of mushrooms on one slice, and then barely a mushroom at all on the rest of the pie. And if the crust looks pretty lightly browned, it was. And almost no tomato sauce at all. I asked for extra sauce, and the waitress looked at me like I had three heads, and she ran away, never to be seen again until the check was dropped at the end of the meal. The whole thing was a flavorless mess. The service was practically non-existent. We did come at about 8:30 and I think they closed at 9PM, but that's no excuse to fling toppings on an overpriced pizza so haphazardly, slam it on the table, and then disappear until it's time for me to pay the $100 check. Maybe our experience was an anomaly, but it is unlikely we would ever return there. :(

I would have asked for the manager and complained about what was served and asked for a re-fire and also would have mentioned the waiters lack of acceptable service. I don't expect the same quality of food as my local pizza joint but I do expect better than what you were served.

71dsp

Add us to the group that has been pleased with Via Napoli. It was good food, but I will agree the prices are a bit higher than the "usual" Disney prices. We are planning to go back on our next trip.

EvilQueen-T

I think pizza is like bbq...everyone has an opinion of where and what type is the best. When just looking at disney venues I think Via Napoli and Trattoria al Forno (just flat breads) have the best pizza on property. We do Via Napoli once every few visits depending on who we're traveling with. Sometimes with kids or a group of mixed eaters (picky to adventurous) sometimes just going where they can get pizza just works. Is Via Napoli the best pizza I've ever had in my life...no but I think it's the best pizza disney has served in a really long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom