VGF to go on sale March 3

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Does the sofa open out or is it like the day beds in some of the other resorts? It doesn’t look very long to me.
It is like the day beds that converts into a single bed. It’s not a pull-out, more of a flip-over, if that makes sense.

Artemicon

My wife and I had been thinking about buying into the VGF for quite some time as an addon or resale to our current contract. We do not like the new room style in comparison to the old room style. Is there any news on how the booking of these rooms will take place with regards to the older style rooms? Is there any speculation that this is what a new renovation of the older rooms will look like?

nickys

Premium Member
My wife and I had been thinking about buying into the VGF for quite some time as an addon or resale to our current contract. We do not like the new room style in comparison to the old room style. Is there any news on how the booking of these rooms will take place with regards to the older style rooms? Is there any speculation that this is what a new renovation of the older rooms will look like?
The new rooms will be a separate booking category, and have the same points charts as the existing studios.

I think there might be photos of what the existing studios will be like. They will get the Murphy bed instead of the sofa beds. Not sure about decor.

correcaminos

Original Poster
The renovations are done afaik from reports. Tomorrow new owners can book new rooms via phone. The rest have to wait until May

A friend of mine was in a VGF studio and the video she sent looked nice. Since it's not public, I cannot share it but found this article with pic https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...-grand-floridian-studios-villa-refurbishments

Tuvalu

Premium Member

correcaminos

Original Poster
They just started. As @i<3riviera said, the mock ups are in a different building.

You're talking about the resort studios. PP was asking about the original VGF rooms were finished before the resort studios. Pics of the studios there are far and few between. The new rooms just begun this month. The PP asked about the original rooms, not the new resort studios.
Is there any speculation that this is what a new renovation of the older rooms will look like?
afaik those rooms are now entirely done. They started last fall.

Last edited:

Artemicon

You're talking about the resort studios. PP was asking about the original VGF rooms were finished before the resort studios. Pics of the studios there are far and few between. The new rooms just begun this month. The PP asked about the original rooms, not the new resort studios.

afaik those rooms are now entirely done. They started last fall.
Oh.. well that's good news to me. I don't like the new room theming as much as I do the old ones... I wonder why they chose to go with a different room look entirely instead of keeping the current theming.

pdude81

Oh.. well that's good news to me. I don't like the new room theming as much as I do the old ones... I wonder why they chose to go with a different room look entirely instead of keeping the current theming.
It will likely be substantially similar to what they do with the other hotel renovations nearby. These rooms have different dimensions than the VGF building studios and different furniture layouts.

correcaminos

Original Poster
Because it is a quick conversion. Cheap to do. The styles feel kinda similar but haven't seen either in person yet to confirm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom