Very Merry Christmas Info....

phillychief

Original Poster
Our family is heading to WDW in December. Can anyone who's been there for the Very Merry Christmas festivities give us some tips or insights on what to see, where to go, what to avoid???? Thanks for your help! phillychief

wannab@dis

There have been many threads with information about the Christmas party. You will find more information doing a search than you'll ever get in this one thread. Click on search above and look for MVMCP. Enjoy your trip! :wave:

Gucci65

Welcome to the boards!!

Make sure to see "Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas". It is in the Galaxy Theatre (I'm sure I got the wrong name - someone please correct me) in Tomorrow Land.

Make sure to watch the parade on Main Street, cause it snows during the parade. Find your seat on the curb early.

Make sure to watch the special edition of Wishes - the 360 fireworks are definately a sight to see.

Take the time to get your free picture, cookies and hot chocolate.

I usually don't bother with the rides, I'm too busy trying to see everything else related to the event.

Hope you have a great time!!

brertigger

Gucci65 said:
Welcome to the boards!!

I usually don't bother with the rides, I'm too busy trying to see everything else related to the event.

Hope you have a great time!!

Welcome, phillychief!

Last time I went, I saw the parade and fireworks and got the free cookies and picture, but skipped the stage shows. I was able to get a lot of rides in. The ride lines were not too long.

JimboJones123

Hit parade 2 -- parade 1 is busy and 1/2 of the guests leave after wishes -- after wishes -- hit the big tickets -- the lines are short through the party -- but esp empty after wishes. There are LOTS of characters -- travel around to see them -- some lines are REALLY LONG early though -- agian wait til after wishes.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Welcome to the Boards! :wave:

As my fellow posters have said the FIREWORKS show is one not to be missed! I also enjoyed the snow on Main Street and the Hot Coco and Cookies...:slurp: . I saw 12 days of Christmas show while I attended MVMCP and it was so amazing! I think my favorite was the parade...I won't give it away but it left me speechless and in tears. There's lots to do and see...so have a Magical Time!

First things First go and get your Pin. I did that first last year and was in and out in 5 mins flat, Then I went and got my free Picture (note: They are not doing that this year anymore) Then I went towards BTMRR and Haunted since everybody seemed to be having out in Tomorrowland and fantasyland and the back of the park was epmty. I got to ride BTMRR 5 times in a row with only about 8 mins wait each time. Then we went and watched wishes and then went back to towards Adventureland and Frontierland and found a spot to watch the second parade. It was Freezing cold that night but well worth the trip.

Gucci65

First they discontinued the buttons.

Now they are discontinuing the free photos.

But yet, the price went up.

I supposed the cookies and cocoa will be next to go:eek:

slowbee

phillychief said:
Our family is heading to WDW in December. Can anyone who's been there for the Very Merry Christmas festivities give us some tips or insights on what to see, where to go, what to avoid???? Thanks for your help! phillychief

We got to go for the first time last year and it was a blast. We didn't ride to many rides, but walked around and enjoyed just being there for the holiday season. To us, it was like walking around inside of a Disney Christmas Snowglobe. I wouldn't miss any of the Party activites and skip anything you can do at other times on your visit.. like rides.. etc.

Also, another tip, if you have time, go resort hopping and look at the decorations and Gingerbread houses. That was alot of fun.

slowbee

Gucci65 said:
First they discontinued the buttons.

Now they are discontinuing the free photos.

But yet, the price went up.

I supposed the cookies and cocoa will be next to go:eek:

Did they really Discontinue the Photos??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Gucci65

slowbee said:
Did they really Discontinue the Photos??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

look at post #10, Coastermaster83 seems to think so.

Don't know if that is confirmed info or not.

Anyone out there know?

MissM

NO FREE PHOTO THIS YEAR. Instead, you get a 50% coupon for photopass photos from the night's event instead.

Discount PhotoPass Offer (50% off discount code for PhotoPass photos taken during the event to use for purchase on-site or online on all of the 5x7 photos from their experience during the Magic Kingdom Hard Ticket Event)
http://www.wdwmagic.com/xmas.htm

Pretty lame, hu?
-m

I have a quick question which pertains to this topic. We also will be attending MVMCP this year Ive read alot about it here but this is one thing im not sure about. Is it better to be in the park before the party starts or arrive a little before and wait in line? Ive read they corral people to one certain area while they get things ready. Which do you think is best???.... thanks

MissM

It's definitely better to get there around 4pm - when they allow party guests to enter. This gives you time to ride a few rides then, instead of during the party. It's also time to get some food so you don't have to spend party time on things like that.

They herd you into an area - two years ago it was Tomorrowland so we rode CoP and TTA - but only for about an hour. It's worth it though to get those two hours from 4pm-6pm to get some stuff done, then 6-7 do whatever is in your area and then have all of 7-12 to enjoy the party specific events.
-m

wannab@dis

MissM said:
NO FREE PHOTO THIS YEAR. Instead, you get a 50% coupon for photopass photos from the night's event instead.

Discount PhotoPass Offer (50% off discount code for PhotoPass photos taken during the event to use for purchase on-site or online on all of the 5x7 photos from their experience during the Magic Kingdom Hard Ticket Event)
http://www.wdwmagic.com/xmas.htm

Pretty lame, hu?
-m
Honestly... I wouldn't call it lame at all.

One free photo or half price for as many as you have taken with photopass.

MissM

wannab@dis said:
Honestly... I wouldn't call it lame at all.

One free photo or half price for as many as you have taken with photopass.
When the photos are psychotically overpriced, half off still isn't worth it. I was thrilled with my ONE photo. I have my MVMCP and MNSSHP photos framed. I would never buy a photopass photo - ever - so charging me now for a souviner image is a rip.

It's only valid on 5x7's and they're $12.95 each! Half of overpriced is still overpriced.

It's entirely lame.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom