Very Merry Christmas Info....

wannab@dis

MissM said:
When the photos are psychotically overpriced, half off still isn't worth it. I was thrilled with my ONE photo. I have my MVMCP and MNSSHP photos framed. I would never buy a photopass photo - ever - so charging me now for a souviner image is a rip.

It's only valid on 5x7's and they're $12.95 each! Half of overpriced is still overpriced.

It's entirely lame.
-m
You may not buy the photos, but many people do. I've seen people standing in line out the door of the photo area and people coming out with several prints. If they bought 5 pictures... they saved about $30. Hmm... $30 or one free picture.

Suddenly not so lame for those that would have bought the pictures in the first place. :wave:

masterv

wannab@dis said:
You may not buy the photos, but many people do. I've seen people standing in line out the door of the photo area and people coming out with several prints. If they bought 5 pictures... they saved about $30. Hmm... $30 or one free picture.

Suddenly not so lame for those that would have bought the pictures in the first place. :wave:

Perhaps they could solve the problem by offering either one free photo OR 50% off as many 5x10s as you want. That way they could make everyone happy! :D I guess Disney was trying to do a good thing by doing the 50% off instead of the freebie. However, I have to agree that the photos ARE seriously over-priced. The wife and I have one 5x10 of us at each park and one during SW Weekends and that's it. It always puzzled me when I saw families leaving with hundreds of dollars worth of photos. I suggest bring a camera (like we do) and take as many as you want. I've liked some of our photos more than some of the ones the CM people took of us.

SpongeScott

1. Get all the cookies and cocoa you can put into your stomach. We loved it!

2. Get your picture done, even if it's not free.

3. Get a pin--they are different for each night.

4. See the stage show in front of the castle--it is absolutely fantastic! However, if it starts to rain, it will shut down immediately.

5. Catch the parade.

6. Catch Wishes.

7. Enjoy the rides--we had no more than a 5 minute wait for any ride (we went on a Thursday night).

8. Soak in the atmosphere--it really is a special night.

masterv

This will be our first Very Merry Christmas event too and we also appreciate all the comments about everything. However, I have one question and its about photos. Can you get your picture taken with a "Santa Mickey" or is there some other special opportunity? I had the idea of going to the event sometime late November, have pictures made at Disney, and send some to family members back up north in our Christmas cards. (Great idea huh? You can steal that idea if you want :D )

trr313

Gucci65 said:
look at post #10, Coastermaster83 seems to think so.

Don't know if that is confirmed info or not.

Anyone out there know?

I think I remember a post about both the MNSSHP and MVMCP both having the PhotoPass discount card but not giving the free photos away any longer. I was bummed because last year was the first year we actually stood in line for the free photo and within 7 days of coming home we received 8 copies of the photo because there were 8 members in the picture. I felt like that was nice Disney magic. From what I remember on the post was that the discount was a great value instead of only one free photo.

maggiegrace1

MissM said:
When the photos are psychotically overpriced, half off still isn't worth it. I was thrilled with my ONE photo. I have my MVMCP and MNSSHP photos framed. I would never buy a photopass photo - ever - so charging me now for a souviner image is a rip.

It's only valid on 5x7's and they're $12.95 each! Half of overpriced is still overpriced.

It's entirely lame.
-m

Everything At Disney is probably overpriced but,we buy the stuff anyway..
A 5x7 for half price is not bad..especially when tons of people pay full price everyday for them..
I dont find it lame at all...
You are on vacation..splurge a little..:)

Gucci65

maggiegrace1 said:
A 5x7 for half price is not bad..especially when tons of people pay full price everyday for them..

I don't buy the pics, because I think they are overpriced as well.

Now that it has been confirmed, I am disappointed that yet another "benefit" of attending this hard ticket event has been discontinued. This will not stop me from going to the party - but I will definately be thinking about it when I pay out a higher price for the tickets.

I was really disappointed when they discontinued the buttons and gave us a postcard instead. Yes, I bought a pin but it was not the same.

Oh well, I'd better shut up before they take away my cookie and hot chocolate.:lol:

masterv

maggiegrace1 said:

But not everyone may be as rich as you. I find most everything at Disney overpriced too but I CAN'T buy the stuff anyway. Well, I guess I could but I'd like to eat something besides noodles and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches all month. :lol: I guess if you are like MissM and are used to getting the freebie then having to pay even 50% IS lame.

I'll probably buy only one that evening myself just to keep as a memento for this very special night. However, I couldn't see myself spending more than that just because they are now 50% off. If Disney would take my suggestion I posted earlier than maybe this would be a problem solved. :D

masterv

Gucci65 said:
Oh well, I'd better shut up before they take away my cookie and hot chocolate.:lol:

Yes because Disney knows when you are sleeping. They know when you're a awake. (Come on everyone you know the words). They know if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake. :lol:

It's Christmas in June folks. I just love Christmas music! :D

maggiegrace1

masterv said:
But not everyone may be as rich as you. I find most everything at Disney overpriced too but I CAN'T buy the stuff anyway. Well, I guess I could but I'd like to eat something besides noodles and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches all month. :lol: I guess if you are like MissM and are used to getting the freebie than having to pay even 50% IS lame.

I'll probably buy only one that evening myself just to keep as a memento for this very special night. However, I couldn't see myself spending more than that just because they are now 50% off. If Disney would take my suggestion I posted earlier than maybe this would be a problem solved. :D

Im not rich..But most people I know save up for a while to go to Disney and save that money to spend on highpriced stuff. Cokes that you pay $1.00 for at home are $3.00 in the parks but you buy it anyway..

Thats just my thought on the whole picture thing...i just dont see it as being lame...

MissM

Here's the thing. You can watch Happy Holiday Wishes, the Holiday Parade and see MK in full holiday theming without paying extra for the hard ticket event if you go the last week of December. (We didn't hit MVMCP last year, we went on xmas eve instead.) So, what's the perks of going specifically during the party? The cookies and cocoa, the snow and the free photo. Those were perks you couldn't get otherwise. But now, you can't even get a photo! You have to pay for it. Which is a real disappointment. I have a camera. I can get CM's to use my camera to take pics. So why do I want to spend $7 just to get a photo I used to get free? It was a plus. It was a nice addition and a nice way to have a rememberance from your night. I think it's lame they took that plus away.

You're welcome to buy the overpriced photos if you want, but not all of us think it's nice of them to take away something free. I'm not going to thank them for charging more for less.
-m

masterv

maggiegrace1 said:
Im not rich..But most people I know save up for a while to go to Disney and save that money to spend on highpriced stuff. Cokes that you pay $1.00 for at home are $3.00 in the parks but you buy it anyway..

Thats just my thought on the whole picture thing...i just dont see it as being lame...

Most people I know save up for a while to go to Disney too. But they also make sure to watch their money and not "splurge" too much on what some may consider "wasteful items". Personally, I don't pay $3 for a coke because I bring a water bottle with me in my back pack and drink water at lunch or dinner. I'd rather spend that money on a pin or some other item of interest. Maybe even a gift for my 2 neices who live up North. Also, even if there is an item I really want, if I believe it is over-priced, I just won't buy it. Period.

If MissM was used to getting the free photo and did her budget accordingly, now having to pay for the photo might just throw her budget all off. Now she would either have to save more money or just not get the photo. That was my only point with that post.

Plus, I agree with Gucci65 that if they keep cutting benefits while raising the price for the event, it really frustrates returners. And in my opinion, it makes Disney look like the money grubbing company that non-Disney fans already claim that it is. I'd really not like to prove these people right.

I never buy the photopass photos but I have all of them that have been taken at the park with a photopass on my computer and I got them for free, but thats for me to know and you all to not know:D.

Gucci65

masterv said:
Plus, I agree with Gucci65 that if they keep cutting benefits while raising the price for the event, it really frustrates returners. And in my opinion, it makes Disney look like the money grubbing company that non-Disney fans already claim that it is. I'd really not like to prove these people right.

My thoughts exactly!!

Ciciwoowoo

There is a Santa Goofy there you can get your pic with. My son took his pic with him one year and I used it as my Christmas card the following year. Had the cards made at Costco and it was very inexpensive!

One thing you want to do for sure is wear Christmas clothing to the party! Santa hats are great and you can buy or make some cute holiday sweatshirts. (you will need them, it gets downright chilly at night!)

As for what to see... See everything, of course! Actually, just have fun. Our only "must do" is the free photo, but I can see from posts here that is no longer an option.

I do have to recommend the candlelight processional at Epcot. I know, its not the MK party, but its so beautiful! Its very worth it to do the dinner package and have your seat reserved.

3fordisney

We have been twice with the most recent this past year. We love it! We used a picture we took of our son with Donald Duck for our Christmas Cards.:xmas: We wouldn't miss it. The fireworks show is great and the parade is as well. We are trying to decide this year when to go. We have been to the Halloween party as well. We love them both. We don't know if we'll go in Oct for Halloween or Nov for Christmas.

Gucci65

wannab@dis said:
Seen him the past two years in the camera shop. :wave:

I'm drawing a blank on this one. Where is the camera shop? I know there used to be one on Main Street right across from the Emporuim, but that was way back in 1988 (havent' needed film since then, gotten smart enough to remember to purchase it at Walmart before traveling).

Refresh my memory please.

wannab@dis

Gucci65 said:
I'm drawing a blank on this one. Where is the camera shop? I know there used to be one on Main Street right across from the Emporuim, but that was way back in 1988 (havent' needed film since then, gotten smart enough to remember to purchase it at Walmart before traveling).

Refresh my memory please.
Exposition Hall may be the correct name. It's directly across from City Hall next to Tony's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom