very concerned........

laurann40

Original Poster
I am going to be staying at Doubletree suites near DD, and I went to tripadvisors.com and read some reviews on this hotel (of course this was after reservations are made and I have like one week before vacation :brick: ) And alot of the reviews are awful, some say they had bed bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the first time in 11 years of going to WDW that we are staying off site,:cry: and I am not looking forward to it at all, granted we dont spend alot of time at the hotel anyway, but, I do enjoy a clean room, shower and bed to sleep in. also heard the pool is not that great. If anyone has stayed here, please let me know your thoughts about this hotel........THANKS!

starchasers

If you are that reluctant, or concerned to stay at that particular hotel, I would suggest calling disney reservations and seeing if they have any openings. In the past, and at peak times, I have been very successful about finding last minute openings. It can't hurt. Of course, it may not be worth it if you are going to lose money with your original reservation. It never hurts to try though! Good luck! :animwink:

pinkrose

I just checked and All Stars Sports is available for your travel dates.

As the previous poster said, I'd do that if you are really worried (unless you'll be losing a good bit of money by doing so).

rwdavis2

You can get more reviews if you check Travelocity and Expedia. Remember that people that are unhappy are way more inclined to complain or write a review. Bob

Wilt Dasney

You can get more reviews if you check Travelocity and Expedia. Remember that people that are unhappy are way more inclined to complain or write a review. Bob

My experience as well. I read HORRIBLE things about the last motel I used in Orlando (hair in the tub comes to mind, but that wasn't all), as well as the apartment complex I live in right now. Both turned out just fine. I honestly wouldn't switch hotels based solely on bad online comments.

laurann40

Original Poster
I just checked and All Stars Sports is available for your travel dates.

As the previous poster said, I'd do that if you are really worried (unless you'll be losing a good bit of money by doing so).

:sohappy: THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH, we called All Star Sports and they didn't have the room for one of the days we were visiting, BUT they did have a room at All Star Music for a day earlier.... we are driving down and our reservations were for 16th-20th. So we are booked at Disney, and we cancelled our reservations for Doubletree in enough time that we are not losing any money, actually we are saving $268 by staying at Disney.....:shrug: So again, thank you, and to everyone else who responded to my post thank you ((hugs)):sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom