Very basic DVC questions

Gail Hayden

WDWCP said:
Well, my information was about 7 years old. Perhaps policies have changed and it is possible that I happened to speak with a DVC CM that didn't know what he was talking about. Sometimes that happens.

Either way, I'll take your word for it. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't done much research into DVC. Even at 48 years, I still don't like the concept of my investment evaporating into nothing tangible for me and my children in the long-run. (I don't even have children yet!!)

I love WDW and would like to do something like the DVC, but just have that one big hangup...

The DVC resorts (except SS) expire in 2042. SS in 2052. 2042 has been the end date since I joined in 92. Nothing, except SS, has changed. I look at it as prepaid vacations in a beautiful setting until 2042. It is not for everyone.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I am so glad to have stumbled across this thread. We just came back from our latest trip and all I have been able to think about is the next time I go someone actually saying Welcome Home. I, like almost anyone else looking into DVC, have done a ridiculous amount of research on DVC. I guess the main drawbacks for me are having nothing to show for my money in 2042/52 and the seemingly cost-ineffectiveness of using points outside of your home resort. Also, how frequently does one make payments on the contract? Monthly, yearly, all at once? Do I fork over a ton of money all at once or can I pay over time? I have the means to essentially "pay cash" for the property but I'm not sure if I want to do that for something that can be wipped off the map by a substantial hurricane. I'm having a hard time digesting all the info I guess. It's also very hard for me to do this with out actually being in Disney...what can I say, Im a visual learner. Any chance they'd fly me down to learn about the DVC? (I know its a BIG longshot but I thought I'd ask anyway to see if anyone else had been offered a trip) Sorry if this is a little hard to follow but I am so confused. :veryconfu I really want to be able to be part of the DVC but I just dont know if I can make sense of it all and make it work for me.

T.E. Yeary

WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Buying from a DVC Resale Company!

Yes, you can save money! Some save a little, some save alot. It all depends on the individual package you want. You always have the option of submitting an offer. The seller can say yes, no, or counter offer. Everything is negotiable, including closing costs and annual dues.

The money you save on your DVC Resale purchase can be used to lavish on your family, when you take your first "magical" trip home.

It is a good feeling for those that do choose to purchase through the Resale market that they are helping a fellow DVC member. We never know when any of us will be faced with the decision to sell.

It is a welcome relief to those that they are able to pass on their treasure to someone who loves Disney as much as they did at the time of their purchase.

Happy "magical" Vacationing,
Tom

Aurora_25

T.E. Yeary said:
Yes, you can save money! Some save a little, some save alot. It all depends on the individual package you want. You always have the option of submitting an offer. The seller can say yes, no, or counter offer. Everything is negotiable, including closing costs and annual dues.

The money you save on your DVC Resale purchase can be used to lavish on your family, when you take your first "magical" trip home.

It is a good feeling for those that do choose to purchase through the Resale market that they are helping a fellow DVC member. We never know when any of us will be faced with the decision to sell.

It is a welcome relief to those that they are able to pass on their treasure to someone who loves Disney as much as they did at the time of their purchase.

Happy "magical" Vacationing,
Tom
So if we already have DVC now, I am assuming we can buy resale and get points for another "home" base. If so, what is the minimum purchase? I am just curious to know because in the future we might want to do that. We have 250 points right now....

T.E. Yeary

WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Minimum Point Resale Purchase!

The minimum purchase for a Resale is 25 pts. The smaller point packages go very quickly as you may have heard. You need to contact our office, tell the agent what you are looking for, and they will contact you as soon as one comes available. We do NOT require a deposit, so you've got nothing to lose.

In the past 11 years we have helped over 4,000 DVC sellers transfer their property to nice people like yourself.

Disney tells us that in 2004 they processed 1,200 Resales. The Timeshare Store, Inc. was responsible for 900 of them.

We would really appreciate your doing business with us.

When you're in Orlando, stop by our office and let's have a cup of coffee.

Sincerely,
Thomas E. Yeary (Tom)
Owner/Broker
The Timeshare Store, Inc.

www.dvc-resales.com
1-800-550-6493 US & Canada
407-239-8899 All Other Areas

Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm EST
Sat 9am to 6pm
Sun 10am to 6pm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom