Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

PirateFrank

it's crazy to me Universal has the Express system and Sea World has Quick Que and Disney has never charged for Fast Pass. Just reminds me how generous Disney has been..... I sell tickets in hotel lobbies for a third party company and Disney would make so much money if they charged for it.
About as generous as a dealer handing out free smack.....its just to get people hooked. In fact, Disney's efforts were so successful in the transition from traditional fastpass to FP+ that they basically made it impossible to enjoy the parks without everyone taking advantage of their 3 'free' FPs, as compared to the original FP program where not everyone bothered with it.

When a monetized version of this is unveiled - whether its called FP++ or Maxpass or SkipForMickeyDollars- it will be a financial success from day one.

pdude81

About as generous as a dealer handing out free smack.....its just to get people hooked. In fact, Disney's efforts were so successful in the transition from traditional fastpass to FP+ that they basically made it impossible to enjoy the parks without everyone taking advantage of their 3 'free' FPs, as compared to the original FP program where not everyone bothered with it.

When a monetized version of this is unveiled - whether its called FP++ or Maxpass or SkipForMickeyDollars- it will be a financial success from day one.
They would have to be called Wishes, right?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
the original Disneyland opened with a pay to play model. Going back to ticket books would actually work very well for crowd distribution as you are then limited on how many E tickets you can ride and it encourages guests to seek out the A tickets as well.

Yes, but this isn’t 1955, or even 1982. As we’re reminded constantly.

MurphyJoe

Not to mention pricing. Can you imagine the prices Disney would now charge under that system?

I'm thinking what would the gate fee be? In '71 it was $3.75 for admission with transportation to MK; adjusted for inflation it'd be $24.53. But Disney's tickets have outpaced inflation. So $50 for the right to wander the park, shop, dine, and buy additional tickets to ride?

ImperfectPixie

I'm thinking what would the gate fee be? In '71 it was $3.75 for admission with transportation to MK; adjusted for inflation it'd be $24.53. But Disney's tickets have outpaced inflation. So $50 for the right to wander the park, shop, dine, and buy additional tickets to ride?
I'm not sure people - even those for whom money is no concern - would be willing to pay the prices Disney would ask. Seeing it broken down like that would likely be too much of a turn-off.

nickys

Premium Member
So is there actually any truth to this rumor of fastpass/maxpass/genie coming anytime soon? Any smoke to this fire?
When “fastpass” returns it will almost certainly have a monetised element. And it makes sense that Genie would be involved.

The information from a well known and trusted poster in this thread is as reliable as you can find anywhere. And perhaps some new recent information may form an element of the new system.

So it comes down to how much faith you put in people with a proven track record going back years.

Roy G. Dis

When “fastpass” returns it will almost certainly have a monetised element. And it makes sense that Genie would be involved.

The information from a well known and trusted poster in this thread is as reliable as you can find anywhere. And perhaps some new recent information may form an element of the new system.

So it comes down to how much faith you put in people with a proven track record going back years.

Thank you! Sorry, I didn't know all the metaverse info behind this rumor.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Admittedly I'm quite jaded when it comes to management, both at TDO and Burbank, but personally I'd double your guess on the gate fee. Remember - The Bob's need the parks generating maximum revenue. Pay-to-play is their current favorite model, and the more they can whittle off of the base ticket and charge for, while not reducing the price, the better. Things that were included in your park ticket even 12-18 months ago will be monitized to pad the bottom line. D+ can't replace PEP profits no matter how hard some hope they will, so the parks will again be looked at as a cash cow to be milked and guests squeezed at every opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom