Vegetarian Food at Disney?

Sweeties100

Original Poster
We are going to WDW in July this year and my little sister is a vegetarian. I was wondering if there were any good restaurants that sell nice vegetarian food and meat?? :veryconfu

whendoweleave?

We are going to WDW in July this year and my little sister is a vegetarian. I was wondering if there were any good restaurants that sell nice vegetarian food and meat?? :veryconfu

I have a friend who is a strict vegan. I know that any of the nicer sit down restaurants we go into you can ask to see someone from the kitchen and they will come out and help you out with what ever your food restrictions are.
I don't know about any of the walk up places.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I'm a vegetarian (with exception to fish) and I have found no problem at any WDW restaurant. I have always found something on the menu whether it be fish or vegetables. If there was nothing on the menu, every restaurant has been more than accomidating, and has prepared something that would suit my dietary preferences.

I always hate asking if the chef can "tweak" this dish or leave something out, or substitute that...but the CMs and chefs are so respectful and understanding...and on many occasions, enthusiastic about accomidating me.

Don't ever feel timid or shy about requesting something if you don't see it on the menu!

NiarrNDisney

I am a "Borderline" Vegetatian (I eat Fish)
Since I don't know what exactly is your sisters dietary needs, here is a list I post before with some options.
Also check out the "Dining Page" here on WDW Magic I found it very useful.

MK - Cosmic Ray's (Vegetarian Options)
Columbia Harbor House (So many Vegetarian Options I can't list them all and it's all really good!)

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (Grilled Vetable Sandwich hands down favorite)
Tangierine Cafe in Morrocco (the Falafel wraps and their variety of side salads are amazing O and Baklava)

DHS - Backlot Express (Grilled Vetable Sandwich)

DAK - Yak & Yeti (Shrimp LoMein, & Mango Pie)
Harambe Fruit Market (Fresh Fruit)

Resorts - WL Roaring Forks (There's a salad made with lots of greens, Beets and Blue cheese crumbles thats yummy!)

scorp111

Ova-Lacto Vegetarian here, so I eat dairy, but no meat of any kind.

WDW is a great place for vegetarians. Every table service restaurant which I have dined at, has had at least 1 option right on the menu. As the others have stated, they are quite accommodating. Most counter-service locations have something as well. In fact, it would be hard for me to name my favorites, as there are just SO many choices.

Just another thing that I love about WDW!

daluke

I am a vegetarian. My wife is not. I don't like tofu, etc but otherwise not a picky veggie. And it is true that she shouldn't feel shy about asking for veggie options. We can always get a veggie burger, but eventually that gets boring - so you gotta ask when you want something else.

You want a place both veggie and meat eaters can like - here are my experiences, mostly for stuff that is on their menus:

--Yak and Yeti - not for me. Surprisingly little for vegetarians on this menu. When I asked for other options than what was on the menu, the CM was not helpful at all. Acted like she hadn't ever heard the question before. I got some stir-fried veggies and rice, but nothing special. The meat-eaters in our party didn't think the food was that special.

--Jiko - Expensive, not a lot of veggie options on the menu, but I love this place. Great salad and dessert. I had the olive flat bread off of the appetizer menu as my entree and that was awesome. Meat-eaters in our party loved it esp the steak with mac and cheese!

--Columbia Harbor House (counter service) - my favorite counter service veggie meal is here. Veggie chili and fries. :animwink: They also have a very good hummus sandwich. Chicken nuggets or fried fish for the meat-eaters.

--50s Prime Time - Roasted pepper is decent. Lots of good stuff for the meat eater. Highly themed atmosphere.

--Whispering Canyon - been here once - veggie enchilada - blech. No other veggie entree on the menu, but the meat dishes were good.

--San Angel Inn - I keep trying (3+ times), but have yet to be satisfied with a veggie dish here.

--Sunshine Seasons - lots of good options for both veggies and meaters, but atmosphere is lacking.

--Rose and Crown - Vegetable Curry is very good tho mild, and I am not a curry fan. Plenty of good meat options.

--T-Rex, don't bother for the food.

--Tangierine Cafe - Tabouleh is very good.

--Backlot Express - above average veggie sandwich. Standard other counter service fare.

--Buffets are generally decent places to satisfy both veggies and meaters. While I have never been blown away with a buffet - Crystal Palace, Boma, Tusker House, are good bets.

Dave

DisneyPrincess5

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These might help.

Vegetarian/Vegan Counter Service Meals in the Parks
[/FONT]
http://allears.net/din/vegcsparks.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vegetarian/Vegan Table Service Meals in the Parks[/FONT]
http://allears.net/din/vegtsparks.htm

These sites will definitely help!
Although I no longer am a vegetarian or a vegan, I did visit WDW while I was both in the past and I was surprised to find it to not be too challenging to find somewhere to eat.
Plus, you can have something made for you or changed if it doesn't meet your needs.

tigsmom

Not a vegetarian, but I do enjoy veggie meals.

Try Tusker House in the AK - they have great veggie starters and side dishes to make a full meal.

We don't usually eat in the DHS, but I looked thru the menus and Hollywood & Vine has some dishes at dinner, the eggplant napolean at Mama Melrose's is great (if they still have it on the menu) as well as their salad, soup, flatbreads & fish dishes (if she eats fish). In FW in EPCOT there is the Electric Umbrella and the veggie wrap, Sunshine Seasons has nice offerings as well. Heading to the World Showcase you have Le Cellier, veggie burger & wrap at the Liberty Inn, Nine Dragons has a veggie salad, stir fry and fried rice. At Restaurant Marrakesh they have salads, veggie couscous and seafood offerings.At Yakitori House they have miso soup, salad and california rolls, udon noodles and tempura shrimp (agagin, if she eats fish).

In the MK you have Cosmic Ray's and the veggie wrap, veggie burger and fries as well as yogurt (if she eats dairy), Crystal Palace is a good bet since it's a buffet and there are plenty of veggie dishes, pasta and fish.
The Liberty Tree Tavern has soup, veggie pot pie at lunch as well as fish.
Pecos Bill's has a veggie burger and fries, the Plaza Restaurant has tuna salad or a veggie sandwich (roasted veggies), Tony's Town Square has both lunch & dinner items available. You can also get veggie foods at the hotel restaurants/snackbars/food courts AND any chef will be more than helpful if there is nothing on the menu to meet her needs.

Why not pick out a few restaurants and go over the menus with the family and see what you find to fit everyone' sliking. Have a great trip!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom