Value resorts???? Lots of questions...need help from other Disney nuts!

TakeMe2TheMagic

DH (well soon to be) and I are going to stay onsite for our Honeymoon, this will be the first time we have every stayed onsite. I was thinking for staying at a mod but then realized if we go value we can stay longer:hammer:. I really dont think we would be spending much time walking around the resort to really enjoy it. We plan to spend most of our time at the parks and shopping. So my first question what should I do? :p?? 2nd question both of us like to sleep in a cold room so is there any resorts that have there own AC units in the rooms? 3rd question what is the best value to stay at??? Anything besides AS sports because they have ghosts there. Thanks for everyones input :sohappy:

nyy102

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking by that first question, as I know not what it is that you think you need to do, but I would say look at the different value resorts on the Disney website. I think these resorts are especially good for your purpose, as you seem to be using your resort more as a place to sleep than anything else. The rooms are not what I would call spacious, yet they serve their purpose perfectly well as a place to lay your head at night and leave your clothes and belongings while you are at the parks. Also, I think that you are making a good choice staying on property as you can utilize EMH and Disney transportation that way, which can both be very helpful. As far as I know, and I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, all Disney resorts have temperature control, so you should be able to make the room as cold as you want in any resort. As for what resort to stay in, I personally think the Pop Century looks really nice, and am heavily elaning towards staying there when I go next year, but thats just a matter of opinion. Also, if you are planning on using Disney transportation, since it is away from the other value resorts I believe it has its own bus to and from each park, whereas the 3 all star resorts share a bus, and I'm again sure I will be quickly corrected if that is incorrect. I am sorry that there is only so much I can say, but my first stay in a value resort will be in June 2007, so I have only seen them by seeing the rooms other family members with us have stayed in. Have fun planning, and please post any questions you have along the way.

Upvote 0

TakeMe2TheMagic

Original Poster
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking by that first question,

Either do I :hammer::wave::animwink: thanks for the info. We live in Orlando we will have our car I dont think we will be using Disney transportation. Okay one more question.....does anyone besides my family think I am nuts for going to the parks a few times a week and still wanting to stay at Disney own our honeymoon??

Upvote 0

nyy102

I don't think you are nuts. While it's not the most imaginative of honeymoons since you live so close (no offense), I feel that the complete immersion and inclusiveness of staying on Disney property is an unmatchable experience that is well worth experiencing and is definitely different from traveling to and from the parks from your house. If your honeymoon is that time that you are able to experience staying on Disney property, then by all means go for it.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there!!! NYY is absolutely correct. I realize that by staying at a Value resort you could stay longer but for a honeymoon I would seriously recommend one of the Moderates probably either one of the Port Orleans resorts. I would agree with you only if you didnt live so close, as you have the opportunity to explore the parks at your leisure. That is one of my personal favorites as far as resorts go. There is a romance at this resort you will not find in any value resort. Also it is much quieter.
Hey NYY Do I get my 1000 points as I Am your neighbor?? Belle

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

:sohappy: pop century would be your best betsince it does have its own bus. i also think you would be making a big mistake by not using disney transportation.its just an added exp. you get to meet other people ,dropped off at the gate,dont have to worry about parking,great stress reliever. my family of 4 never use anything but disney trans we park the car and dont touch it till we leave wonderful.26 days and counting i can feel the magic already.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

imagineer99

DH (well soon to be) and I are going to stay onsite for our Honeymoon, this will be the first time we have every stayed onsite. I was thinking for staying at a mod but then realized if we go value we can stay longer:hammer:. I really dont think we would be spending much time walking around the resort to really enjoy it. We plan to spend most of our time at the parks and shopping. So my first question what should I do? :p?? 2nd question both of us like to sleep in a cold room so is there any resorts that have there own AC units in the rooms? 3rd question what is the best value to stay at??? Anything besides AS sports because they have ghosts there. Thanks for everyones input :sohappy:

I understand the practical reason for staying at a value resort. But, as Belle said, values really don't add to a romantic atmosphere--they're loud, they're crawling with screaming kids and teens, and the rooms themselves are pretty much glorified motel rooms. Last time I stayed in a value, the room was pretty dang grimey--I mean like motel 6 grimey.

While a deluxe resort may be out of the question, some moderates you can swing for a good deal--it all depends on the time of year you're visiting. I can understand the utilitarian nature of your trip (more time in parks, less at a resort). But, I think a honeymoon affords a little extra time spent at your resort just relaxing. Look into Coronado or the Port Orleas duo.

Upvote 0

csm7030

First, if you don't already have them, get yourselves Annual Passes! My wife and I used to live in Celebration and used them at least twice a week. Money very well spent. It is awesome to be able to go to a park to walk around, maybe do one or two rides, and grab something to eat. EPCOT is really great for this and we would quite often "walk around the world", grab a drink or two, catch Off Kilter and/or the British Invasion, and grab dinner at one of the countries.

That being said, I would recommend staying at one of the mod's or even deluxe resorts for at least one or two nights since it is your honeymoon and then moving to Pop Century. One of the resorts that is within walking distance to a park, like EPCOT, the Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club, or even Swan or Dolphin would be great. Or one of the monorail resorts would be very nice. You couldn't beat the Grand Floridian for your wedding night! As for the values, stay away from the All Stars and go with Pop Century. It's still very Disney, but a little more "grown-up". A nicer pool with a little bar area, a nicer food court with a little bar area, and dedicated bus service.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Hi there!!! NYY is absolutely correct. I realize that by staying at a Value resort you could stay longer but for a honeymoon I would seriously recommend one of the Moderates probably either one of the Port Orleans resorts. I would agree with you only if you didnt live so close, as you have the opportunity to explore the parks at your leisure. That is one of my personal favorites as far as resorts go. There is a romance at this resort you will not find in any value resort. Also it is much quieter.
Hey NYY Do I get my 1000 points as I Am your neighbor?? Belle
I totally agree! Maybe for a quick trip to WDW a value is OK, but for your honeymoon - splurge a little and stay at POR at least!

Upvote 0

Lanipie

I'm gonna go opposite from others and say, my cousin Donna and her husband Ron stayed at a value resort, ASMovies, for their honeymoon for the exact same reason. They wanted to be able to spend more time on their trip. it meant that they could stay for almost twice as many nights. To this day they don't regret it and say they wouldn't have changed it for anything. Even though it was their honeymoon, they truly didn't spend that much time at the resort. They are Disney nuts and just wanted to be able to enjoy the parks and each other for as long as possible. She said they never had a problem with noise level at the resort or anything like that and that they had a wonderful time. They chose ASmovies because they didn't think POP had enough Disney theming for them. They wanted the resort to be inexpensive but they loved the giant Disney related statues as opposed to bowling pins and play-doh

Now what you want to do is completely up to you, and you know your budget and plans better than I do, so just go with your gut. i just wanted to give you an example of someone who went the least expensive route and loved it.

No matter what you decide to do, I hope you have a blast!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Aren't the beds smaller at value. Something to think about too. Nothing fun about having seperate beds on the honeymoon. Hope I didn't cross any lines here??

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: POP century is great if you want to save money. You can set your thermostat at the temp. you want. the heating or air is very quiet, not like those window ones. theres a lot of neat stuff to look at. the pools are neat. the bus only goes to POP. the food court is nice. maybe stay at POR for a couple nites for the honeymoon, though. thats where we stayed. more romantic. the beds are double beds at POP. I am sure they are queens at POR. congratulations. we have honeymooned at Disney and have gone back for many anniversaries. Only place I would want to be. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

TakeMe2TheMagic

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I sure have alot to think about. I am now thinking of leaning towards staying at POR for 3 days and a week at Pop. Also I am reconsider using Disney transpo. Of course I have one more question..... we are AP holders so have no need to buy tickets but we would like to use the dining plan, is there a way we can do this?? I read that if I buy 2 one day tickets I can get the DP is this true?? Oh yeah I know I said one more question but I have another one..if it's an EMH night can we enter the park after it has closed? Or do we have to be in the park before it was closed to get the wristbands??

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Thanks everyone! I sure have alot to think about. I am now thinking of leaning towards staying at POR for 3 days and a week at Pop.
Sounds like a good plan!

we are AP holders so have no need to buy tickets but we would like to use the dining plan, is there a way we can do this?? I read that if I buy 2 one day tickets I can get the DP is this true??
I think this is true, but it would probably be more economical for you to buy the "Disney Dining Experience" with your AP.

Oh yeah I know I said one more question but I have another one..if it's an EMH night can we enter the park after it has closed? Or do we have to be in the park before it was closed to get the wristbands??

No, you can enter the parks after the official closing time. You'll each need to show your resort kes to get the wristbands.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Nemo Great answers all of them!!!!
As far as the Dining plan you need to buy a package, which would include a resort room and tickets, and then add the MYW Dining plan onto that. You then have to figure out which way is less expensive as the packages arent always running discounts for the room. Run it both ways and see which works for you. Also with the planned switch in resorts this is not the easiest thing to do as it would require two one day tickets at minimum to do!!!
Also with the Dining plan you are preset into how many meals of what type you get fronm the outset. With the DDE card it is good at almost ANY sit down restaurant in Disney for 20% off your food and drinks ( even alcohol!) This allows for a bit more flexibility. The DDE card is also accepted at the Pop Century resort for 20% off at the Food Court as well.
EMH question, Asked and answered correctly by Nemo!!!!
Belle

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Hey Nemo Great answers all of them!!!!
As far as the Dining plan you need to buy a package, which would include a resort room and tickets, and then add the MYW Dining plan onto that. You then have to figure out which way is less expensive as the packages arent always running discounts for the room. Run it both ways and see which works for you. Also with the planned switch in resorts this is not the easiest thing to do as it would require two one day tickets at minimum to do!!!
Also with the Dining plan you are preset into how many meals of what type you get fronm the outset. With the DDE card it is good at almost ANY sit down restaurant in Disney for 20% off your food and drinks ( even alcohol!) This allows for a bit more flexibility. The DDE card is also accepted at the Pop Century resort for 20% off at the Food Court as well.
EMH question, Asked and answered correctly by Nemo!!!!
Belle

Thank you! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom