Value Resort

mwbrown

True about sharing buses... Mind you, Pop Century is as large as all three All-Stars, so the same number of people are going to the same places from either hotel, you just might have a stop or two before your stop on the way home at All-Stars...

Having stayed at Pop Century three times, and All-Stars three times, I would have to say I would stay at All-Stars Music over Pop.

The food is better at Music (but not as good at Sports or Movies), I actually like the theming a bit more (more Disney stuff...), and overall the staff just seems more into it at All-Stars than at Pop.

We have had sword fights in the lobby on the way in, had a friend's 8 year old daughter taken behind the counter to check in the family, and generally been made to feel very "We are at Disney" at All-Stars.

Pop can feel like your checking into any motel that just happens to be huge and on Disney property... While the rooms might be slightly nicer, and the pools are nice (not that All-Stars aren't), Pop is just missing something for me...

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

All Star Music gets my vote! You don't share busses that often; during busy times (morning and closing) they have dedicated busses for each resort. So don't let the bussing turn you off. I've stayed there 4 times now and I've only shared busses a handful of times (usually in the middle of the day).

The rooms are slightly newer at Music as well as they were refurbed in '07 (I believe).

They have fun activities by the pool during the day. And in the night they bring out the Wii and play a movie by the pool. (Not sure if they do this at Pop or not!?!)

I just really like the feel at All Star Music - it's a very fun resort!

Upvote 0

plaz10

I have only been to Pop Century, so I can give you the rundown there.

Very nice rooms, nice pools. Check in has always been smooth. The food court has the basic Disney foods. Nothing great, but nothing bad either. Bus lines get long at both resorts, there is no way around that. Theme is pretty cool and colorful.

I don't spend a ton of time at the resorts (since the staying at value), so I don't really look for the frills. It gets the job done. I've been there twice and will be there again in May. I love it.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We have stayed at all four of the values. It is true that sometimes the buses will share at the values, although we shared at the Boardwalk as well. Pop has its own buses. The food court is nice, the layout is a bit different than the all stars. I personally like the layout of the food court at the all stars vs. Pop. At Pop I sort of feel like I am caught in the gift shop, but maybe thats just me. We will be at Pop in less than 2 weeks and we are really excited...but we are checking in at Yacht in July and we are super psyched for that trip!!!!

My girls really like the theme of Movies best!

Upvote 0

chenzo

We have been to POP and MOVIES. We like POP better but it is 3X the size. From what I remember, the food courts were the same size. So, 3X the people in the same food court.

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

We've stayed at Pop and and Movies (and Sports way back in the day). We enjoyed Movies a great deal, but we just keep coming back to Pop! Love the colours and the atmosphere.. can't wait to see it again in 45 days!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Mind you, Pop Century is as large as all three All-Stars, so the same number of people are going to the same places from either hotel

Not true - yet. When Pop Century is finished, this will be true.

From http://www.disneypix.com/Resorts/ResortFF.htm :

All-Star Movie, Music, Sport 5,544 rooms
Pop Century Resort 2,880 rooms (Phase 1 is 2880 of 5,760 rooms)

Double-checking against allears.net

Movies 1,920 rooms
Music 1,920 rooms (prior to conversions to Family Suites)
Sports 1,920 rooms

Total of 5,760 rooms before Family Suites conversions

Pop Century "Phase II was to be the Legendary Years 1900s-40s and also have 2,880 rooms" implying Phase 1 has 2,880 rooms, so total number of rooms when Pop was completed would be 5,760, if no family suites are constructed.

So currently Pop Century is half the size of the 3 All-Star resorts combined.

Pop gets my vote for favorite value resort.

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

Add another vote for All Star Music

We stayed at Pop in Jan '08 and it was nice but it didn't have the same Disney feeling that we get at All Star Music. We like All Star Music more simply because of the theming, slightly smaller size, and nicer grounds. Additionally we hate the unfinished buildings across the lake. It makes the whole place look pretty dumpy and not well thought out.

Pop was okay but I'll be sticking to All Star Music from now on.

Upvote 0

tink65

Definitely Pop Century. We've stayed at all the value resorts but since Pop opened we've only stayed there. Bus transportation is better, food court is bigger and 3 pools instead of 2! Biggest reason though is the transportation! We love it!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Wilderness Lodge.

HUH?

You see, I hate the term "Value Resort" - taken literally, it means the place where you get the most VALUE - not the CHEAPEST place. I vote WL :) Bang for the buck is stunning :)

I know - it's going to be a Cold Day in Harry Potter Land before Disney changes the term to "Economy Resort" :)

Well the current standard pricing hardly makes the 'Value' resorts much of a value if you don't have some type of discount. If you pay the rack rate you can get a much better room off property for less money. However.....with that being said, I think the 'values' can be a value for many people. For example, a few years ago, I took a group of 5th grade girl scouts from Illinois to WDW...total of 36 in our group. We stayed at Movies. This was truly a value for us for several reasons: we got a great price on the rooms, we were able to add on the dining plan..the old vrs. w/ apps & tips, we were able to use ME from the airport, EMH's and package delivery. PLUS and for our group this was huge...we had the bus transportation to and from the parks..so any time our group split up people were free to get where they wanted to go w/o messing up anyone elses plans. That was all a real value to us..plus the girls loved the resort.

This July we are staying at YC...to us it gives us the most value. We love all four of the parks. We always go in early for EMH's. In the summer the girls like to take a mid day break and go back to the resort to swim and eat. At YC we will be close to lots of dining options (Epcot), have use of an awesome pool, can walk to two parks, we can drive to the other two or take the buses, and have a larger room to spread out. For us this gives us the most value for our time because we have to take our vacations during the busy and hot season. While I agree that 'value' might not be the right term, at $165 per night 'economy' certainly won't fit either.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom