"Value" Resort costs more than Deluxe

ParentsOf4

We are looking into a WDW trip in late July. An Art of Animation suite is $345/night (sleeps 6) while a room at the Boardwalk Inn or Beach Club is $277.50/night (sleeps 5).

I just stayed offsite in a comfortable hotel in a 2-room suite with kitchenette that sleeps up to 6 for $118/night during Easter week.

I realize AoA is offering a suite and sleeps one extra person than a Deluxe Resort room but does anyone else think the AoA price is insane, especially for a so called "Value Resort"?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So I have been reading this thread and have to agree to disagree with the original poster. Disney does a comparison of apples to apples when setting the price for their lodging. A quick check shows the following rack rates for Regular Season (two values are for weekday/weekend):

ASM - Value - 295/345
AoA - Value - 345
Cor Spgs - Mod - 780/825
FW - Mod - 340/360
AKL - Dlx - 875/910
BC - Dlx - 730/790
BW Inn - Dlx - 765/805
Cont - Dlx - 665/705
GF - Dlx - 1295/1385
Poly - Dlx - 1060/1150
WL - Dlx - 1030/1120
AKL Villas - Dlx V - 565
BLT - Dlx V - 575
BC Villas - Dlx V - 540
BW Villas - Dlx V - 565
OKW - Dlx V - 490
SSR - Dlx V - 490
WL Villas - Dlx V - 555

So, the average "Value" resort suite is around 345, "Deluxe" is just over 900, and "Deluxe Villa" is 540. Since there are only 2 moderates, the average doesn't really work too well.

Again, all of these are for 1 bedroom suites during regualr season (around mid-April to mid-July).

I understand that you are comparing the price to a single deluxe room, but Disney is never going to do it that way, and the space and amenities you lose with a single room are never worth the cost.

Have you thought about DVC?

Great job putting that list together. You made an Apples to Apples comparison, and essentially have put this argument to bed.

Upvote 0

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I tried to post something similar to this before, but the OP just doesn't get it. In her mind she is comparing a room from a value and a room from a deluxe. For some reason she just can't understand that a suite and a standard are two very different things.

I can go to Le Cellier and have a salad and only spend $15.
I can go to the Food Court have a Cheeseburger, Fries, Beer, and a Dessert and spend $20.
Does that mean the Food Court isn't a value option because I spent more money there than at a 5 star restaurant? Apples to Oranges......

Excellent point!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom