Valentines week- no rooms - why so early?

doombuggy dude

Arghhhh! My wife and I already have the time off to go Feb 9 - Feb 15 but no rooms. I know its Valentines weekend and there is also the Daytona Race that weekend but is there something else I'm Missing?
We may have to ...ARGHHH!.. Go to Universal instead if the crowds at Disney correspond to the lack of available rooms.
Anyone have any insights.?

erstwo

Presidents Day is Monday, February 15. I've never been that weekend, but it is supposed to be very busy. I guess lots of people take advantage of the good weather & the 3 day weekend. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Schools here in Massachusetts have winter vacation the week of Valentine's Day. I'm sure there's a number of states that have a break, too.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Family Day is February 15th this year up here in Canada. :ROFLOL:

Of course I am kidding, and this is not the actual reason for the rooms being booked up, but it IS an actual holiday up here now (started in 2008)!!! My wife is American and shakes her head whenever I tell her I can't wait for Family Day so me and the kids can get the day off work/school!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

dizzney

Presidents week is winter break in NYC so public and private schools are off, we've been down to WDW several times that week, and it does tend to get busy.

That being said, where are you trying to get rooms? Its not sold out.

Upvote 0

BrerPenguin2

That is also Mardi Gras weekend, and there are ususally a good number of people from New Orleans who skip out on the parades and head to Disney. We almost did that this year, but saw it was President's Day weekend and decided to avoid that "perfect crowd storm".

Upvote 0

fmingo36

In NJ, we have a long weekend. Friday and Monday off. Maybe people taking advantage of that.
Plus it's Valentine's Day, maybe some lucky couples are planning a romantic weekend.

Upvote 0

corey154

From the time race week starts through spring break season (end of April) rooms start filling up all over Central Florida. I'm sure Disney is full with the three day weekend and the deals they're trying to get out there.

Upvote 0

eroyee

Value season ends at the parks Feb.11 so people are probably trying to get in before the rates go higher. also, its only 2 wks. till Feb. 9th. thats cutting it kinda close to plan a disney resort room!!

Upvote 0

DisneyNole

I go every year at that time for a conference, and the description of "perfect storm" is accurate - race fans, Mardi Gras avioders, Valentine's/President's Day, cool weather, cheerleading competition, and the Homebuilder's conference is right about the same time, too. We've learned to make our reservations at least 5-6 months early. Keep trying, though - once we pieced together rooms at 2 resorts and it worked out great.

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Many school systems including MA, RI and MI have break during this week. I go every year during this time. It is busy, but still not as bad as other times like x-mas.
and crowds are even worse if mardi gra's falls under this week, which I believe it might this year.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

What about the week after this Feb 20-27? Should most of the crowds be gone?

The presidents day/valentine's day crowds should be gone, but you will be running into ESPN the Weekend toward the end of your trip. It's Feb 25th-28th. I don't know how crowded that gets, or if a lot of people will turn it into a week long vacation. Someone who has been to the event can shed some light onto crowd levels. It probably won't effect you too much at the beginning of your trip.

Upvote 0

KHockett

Not sure what you are looking for but on-line there are rooms at Saratoga Springs available for February 9-15. Both AP passholder and regular room only.

Upvote 0

Senator3

Thanks for the info. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for the first time. Kids are very excited to be going. It is my daughter's first time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom