Valentine's Day in WDW

GrimGrinningGuy

I posted this elsewhere but maybe it's better here.

Does anyone have information on Valentine's Day in WDW? What are the crowds like? Is one park better than the another? Do they do anything special?

Also does anyone have an idea for where to have dinner. I can imagine the restaurants will be packed.

Thanks,

justducky78

I've been wondering the same thing as we'll be down there that week. Although, since Valentine's Day falls on a Wednesday, I can't imagine it would be too bad. I would make reservations in advance, though.

A couple good restaurants:

Victoria & Alberts $$$
California Grill
Citricos
Narcooses
Jiko
Brown Derby
Kona Cafe or Ohana

Upvote 0

GrimGrinningGuy

Original Poster
I'm hoping so. I'd like to spend the day at MK and then hit AK for the Extra Magic evening hours. Citricoes sounds nice but formal, maybe Kona Cafe'. It's near MK, and we get to ride the monorail!:)

Upvote 0
we have reservations for that night at the california grill :) Spending the day at MK, im also looking for suggestions or anything else special to do that day but my understanding is that wdw doesnt do anything special for that day other than possibly somehting going on at pleasure island? im not sure

Upvote 0

Figments Friend

Here are some ideas for you Lovebirds:

What could be more romantic then being in "Paris" for Valentines Day? I'm talking about "France" at World Showcase in EPCOT. VERY romantic, exspecially at night. The resturants there are also nice, but expensive ( hey, it's Valentine's night!) Another romantic post is the San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavillion. If you like mexican food and a awesome themed atmosphere defintaely hit it. I strongly recommend making Priority Seating arrangements ahead of time though for ANY sit-down resturant you choose.

I find EPCOT the most "couple friendly" of the four Parks personally...as strolling about the lagoon at night can't be beat for atmosphere. The other Parks are just too "busy" in feel at night while EPCOT is perfectly mellow but at the same time festive. You will also be in the prime spot to see THE best fireworks show on Property: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

WDW does offer some services that can relate to ValenDay...both flowers or balloons can be delivered to your room ( for a small fee). This is something to keep in mind when you arrive at your hotel, and it's fun way to surprise your "other". Stop by the front desk when you are alone and inquire about it. They will be more then happy to set you up! They may also offer chocolates and possibly champange at some hotels for delivery ...again, check with the front desk.

Now as far as fun stuff to do...you are at WDW! How can you NOT have fun stuff to do?? Ha ha!!

My suggestions for a Valentines Day packed with romantic fun:

MK:

Take a trip across the lagoon to Magic Kingdom by the ferry boat. It can be a relaxing experince, and very romantic if taken in the late afternoon around sunset.

Enjoy a ride in the horse drawn transportation trolly down Main Street.

Explore the Rose Garden next to Cinderella Castle. Make a wish at the wishing well, and enjoy the beautiful pruned greenery!

Take a ride on Cinderella's Golden Carousel ( hint: it's NOT just for the kiddies!)

Take a whirl on the Mad Tea Party...( and get smushed next to your "other" in the process! Hee hee!)

If at night, stroll down Main Street and enjoy all the twinkling lights...maybe grab some ice cream or hot coffee.

Take in the nightly fireworks show: "Wishes". Nothing beats fireworks for romance!

Ideas for EPCOT romantics:

Take a boat ride on the WS lagoon....preferably at sunset.

Dine at one of the fab World Showcase resturants in France, Italy, or Mexico. All three of the major sit-downs have a very romantic atmosphere. Priority Seating arrangements ( reservations) a must for Feb 14th.

Watch the BEST fireworks show on Property" Illuminations: Reflections of Earth". Nothing beats it!

Stroll around the WS lagoon at nighttime and enjoy all the sights and sounds. VERY nice way to spend a romantic evening.

Ideas for MGM romantics:

Similar..a nice resturant and a good nightime stroll. MGM is not a fave Park of mine, and as such i find it hard to pick out things romantics would enjoy doing. Perhaps someone here can help out in this department?

I am not going to list any ideas for AK as it closes at 5/6 usually....plus, there is not anything overly " romantic" there....

Hope this helps give you all some ideas to start with!

:wave:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Here's my two cents on "The Hallmark and Florist Holiday."

If you want to eat somewhere really good with a great view of the fireworks, try Narcoosee's over at the Grand Floridian. The food is best I've had at WDW and I have eaten a lot of food there! :)

Also, try the couples spa over at the Saratoga Springs Resort. My wife and I did that for our anniversary a few months back and it was great. I think it ran around $400 plus tip, but we both had a hydro and sweedish massage. It lasted about four hours. It was my first massage and I can't complain.

Something else you might try is having a pic nic out on one of the resort beaches at sunset. A friend did this a while back. He called and told the CM's what we wanted to do and they put him in touch with a restaurant there and they took care of it all for him.

I don't think the crowds will be to bad on VDay, it's on a Wednesday and most people will be working.

Have fun and good luck!

Upvote 0

sorceresssamara

I was at WDW last year for Valentine's Day. They really don't do anything "special" fror the day. They have some merchandise (pins, and plush animals). We went to the Magic Kingdom, because it's our favorite park. We were able to just walk on any ride we wanted (no waits). Including having our own boats on Pirates and ISASW. So that was kind of romantic. My boyfriend had the Disney florist deliver flowers to our room. Then we had dinner at Chef Mickey's and went back to the MK to watch "Wishes."

I guess it's kind of what you make of it and what you decided is the best day to celebrate the day.

Upvote 0

I-4Warrior

They really don't do anything special at the parks for Valentines day. We've been to the World the last 5 Valentines days or so, and it's never been busy... come to think of it, that is pretty special.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom