vacation homes

kimrn87

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the vacation homes that I have seen advertised? Are they worth it? Can they save you some money? I would prefer to stay onsite, but if it is more economical to stay elsewhere and possiblly stay longer I may consider it. All advice will be appreciated.

Hawk

We stayed in Clear Creek, Woodbridge sub-division last year, 5 bedroomed villa with own pool etc, about 15 - 20 mins from Disney. Definately a better option than a hotel, on or off site. Usually you pay per villa NOT per person, even better value if there are a lot of you.

mandib

It's the best idea!!!! We do it every time we go. I love having my own privacy and pool. Try getting as close to Disney as you can because the water smells if you get to far out for some reason. There's some really nice subdivison's off of 192 East. Check them out there! If you have any more ?s just ask!

Hawk

Thats the area that we stayed in, near the junction of the 192 and the 27, just behind the Winn Dixie, lovely home and a very quiet place to relax.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We're doing a house this next visit for the first time. As I see it there are advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages :-
Saving an awful lot of money,
Own swimming pool,
laundry/kitchen services without leaving your room
Saving an awful lot of money
Disadvantages :-
Driving to the parks every day AND parking fees,
Packages not delivered to your room,
No length of stay passes

I honestly believe that the two balance each other out BUT the major factor is that you save an awful lot of money - did I mention that before ? :lol:

Hawk

Having tried both, on-site and holiday home, i'd only go for the home option now, as Capt Hook says, it's a lot cheaper, the savings made mean more spending money in your pocket, also, more room for you to relax in, your own bedroom, instead of 4 of you in 2 beds, give me a home anytime.

mandib

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Disadvantages :-
Driving to the parks every day AND parking fees,
Packages not delivered to your room,
No length of stay passes

See we have annual passes so the only real disadvantage is packages not delivered to your room! Only 1 month 1 week and 1 day till I'm down there in the hot sun. I can't wait we're supposed to get 8 in of snow tonight! Oh I just can wait! :(

CaptChris

I am bringing a youth group to WDW in August, and have found a 4 bedroom vacation home. This is a route I am very interested in, but I have a question. Do they really stick to the maximum occupancy in the homes. I would get 1 that sleeps maybe ten, but I will have kids, and they will be satisfied to sleep on the floor!

So 10 people might be in a bed, but also there might be a few who crash around the TV.

Any information that anyone could provide would be great!

P.S. I was going to stay at the Days Suites, but read to many negative comments!

kksmom

My family and I have a three bedroom home with private inground pool and jacuzzi booked for the first week in May. We are paying $675.00 for the week. The owners also had a couple for $625.00 but the didn't have a jacuzzi.

This is our first trip to Disney so I can't compare to onsite, but we have stayed in a Villa on other vacations and will never go back to a hotel.

mandib

Originally posted by soonershok
What is a typical cost for something like this? What would be a good price for like a 2 bedroom home to rent?

The best price ever is when we went two years ago in November and we got a 2 bedroom w/pool for (drum roll) $400! Yup for a week! It depends when your going just make sure you ready to look through LOTS of different houses!

soonershok

I have seen things like this before. I have always been a little leary of them. All I need is to send some sheister 600 dollars only to get to Florida and not have a place to stay....or worse....it look nothing like the picture.

Not saying that you are getting a bad deal or anything....I am speaking from a pessimistic perspective. From the sounds of it, a few people have done this and it has worked out well.

I may try this the next time we decide to head down there.

Tim G

Originally posted by kimrn87
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the vacation homes that I have seen advertised? Are they worth it? Can they save you some money? I would prefer to stay onsite, but if it is more economical to stay elsewhere and possiblly stay longer I may consider it. All advice will be appreciated.

http://www.florida-dream-villas.com/

Great Villas,
Company very reliable,
Prices online

kksmom

We were referred to this site from a friend that has travelled to Florida at least twice a year every year for the last 7 years (lucky kids) and has always booked a home through them. He has never run into any problems.

I will let you know how ours turned out when we return.

edie w

I'd definitely recommend a villa. The main advantage for us is that you get home, kick of your shoes, put a pizza in the oven, bath the kids, eat, send kids to bed :D and then sit about drinking beer!

Having a pool is wonderful, and having the space is really important. I also like (being from UK) the feeling of really being in America - driving down residential streets and shopping in Publix, rather than being on the Disney resport all the time.

You just have to be a bit firm with the more laid back members of the party and get them showered, breakfasted and in the car before 8.30am.

I've booked through agents and privately - all successfully. I'd suggest making sure you pay with a credit card if you're suspicious. The credit card company is jointly liable if something goes wrong.

And don't even think about lying about occupancy. This invalidates your contract with the owner and also the insurance. Most ask for names and ages of occupants when you book. Some owners might be happy to provide camp beds for little ones, but you really need to ask first.

EmeraldDolphin

Last summer my daughter & I stayed at a vacation home instead of a Disney Resort. It definitely had it's pros... BUT... I have to say that I truly missed the atmosphere of staying at the resort... If I were going down with my hubby & the other kids too... I'd probably stay at a vacation home again... but just the two of us... a resort for sure!! It was lonely in that home just the two of us... oh... & one thing I forgot... there was a huge cockroach in the house, and no one to get it out!!! At the Disney Resort I've called maintainence to get them out for me!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom