Uzima Springs Pool Closure

21stamps

So you think it's okay to pay additional funds for a room and not get it? If you bought an ice cream with a flake and didn't get the flake, would you ask them to give you what you paid for?

Honestly, I know it’s not what you want to hear, and I know it’s frustrating.. but this happens to anyone who stays at a resort when any kind of refurb gets announced. There must be fine print that amenities aren’t guaranteed.. it would be impossible for everything to be up and running at all times.

Hayley In Wonderland

We do have different terms and conditions, with far less favourable cancellation policies, and we do often get charged for a change of resort/package. Now that's if booking direct with Disney.

@Hayley In Wonderland booked through a travel agent, so I don't know what their t&cs are. However, she would have to take the travel agent to court, not Disney, since her contract is with the TA.

Btw, not a travel agent either!
It depends on who my t&c's are with, apparently it can be with either or. Whoever is on the t&c's is who will be legally responsible x

elhefe4

It's lower price. No as they are still waiting on Disney for a response as they have again told them that it's not fair that I'm not being given any options out of this other than to pay more money to downgrade. It really is and completely unlike disney.
This makes no sense. A standard view is a lower price, but the only option you have is to pay more money to downgrade? It sounds like you can move to a standard view room and pay less money, which is what you claim you want to do. Why can't you?

Hayley In Wonderland

You're literally getting what you paid for though. You paid for a pool view room and when you look out the window or step out onto your balcony, the view you'll have will be of the pool. It's pretty straight-forward as far as I'm concerned. You didn't pay for a pool-use room or a pool-not-under-construction-view room.
But I also didn't pay £700.00 to look out of my window at a construction site. I have checked it all and it is right that I am entitled to that. Call up ATOL and CA if you wanna hear it from them.

Hayley In Wonderland

This makes no sense. A standard view is a lower price, but the only option you have is to pay more money to downgrade?
They are just at the moment refusing to let people with pool view rooms booked move to a standard view, not even given the option. We can either pay more to go to CBR or pay lots more to another deluxe. x

nickys

Premium Member
Here in the UK we have standards that have to be met when it comes to our consumer rights. I have checked with different legal heads, my mum included, and they are in breach of contract as we are not getting what we paid for. I know, we stayed at Coronado last year and experienced this, but didn't care so much as it didn't effect our room or holiday. x

So what did it affect then, if not you room or holiday?

But your contract is with your travel agent, so you have to take it up with them. That is also part of our consumer law.

I'm surprised Disney are making it hard, but I think your TA is also not being totally honest with you. The TA has a deal with Disney for a certain number of rooms at different resorts. If they don't have alternatives, in that they have sold out of certain room types, then they are left trying to negotiate with Disney. I suspect they can't be bothered.

nickys

Premium Member
They are just at the moment refusing to let people with pool view rooms booked move to a standard view, not even given the option. We can either pay more to go to CBR or pay lots more to another deluxe. x

It's your travel agent not letting you. Your contract is with them. You cannot negotiate this with Disney, your TA "owns" the booking as far as Disney is concerned, that is the terms of the TA's deal with them.

21stamps

That’s absolutely crazy. I don’t understand it at all... it doesn’t make any sense as to why you can’t cancel and rebook. What if something came up and you couldn’t take the trip, or had to reschedule? Are you not allowed to cancel?

Hayley In Wonderland

So what did it affect then, if not you room or holiday?

But your contract is with your travel agent, so you have to take it up with them. That is also part of our consumer law.

I'm surprised Disney are making it hard, but I think your TA is also not being totally honest with you. The TA has a deal with Disney for a certain number of rooms at different resorts. If they don't have alternatives, in that they have sold out of certain room types, then they are left trying to negotiate with Disney. I suspect they can't be bothered.
that doesn't make sense as I literally said I didn't mind?

Yes it is, however as advised my t&c's may not be and may be the responsibility of Disney.

I know I am not alone here as I speak to a few people heading over to AKL during the refurb (all in standard rooms) who are getting the same response as I am. I have also spoken to Disney myself, and I asked and she advised me that at the moment Disney are not allowing this.

Hayley In Wonderland

That’s absolutely crazy. I don’t understand it at all... it doesn’t make any sense as to why you can’t cancel and rebook. What if something came up and you couldn’t take the trip, or had to reschedule? Are you not allowed to cancel?
I can cancel but I will lose my £600.00 deposit, which I really don't want to have to do. x

Hayley In Wonderland

It's your travel agent not letting you. Your contract is with them. You cannot negotiate this with Disney, your TA "owns" the booking as far as Disney is concerned, that is the terms of the TA's deal with them.
The TA are doing what they can, I am in contract with them however they also have to be in contact with disney as they own the resorts and the rooms, so therefore Disney are not offering a solution to them and they are not offering a solution to me.

nickys

Premium Member

It might be they don't have standard view availability. When is this for, September? It's the start of food and wine, could be there's nothing.

Hayley In Wonderland

It might be they don't have standard view availability. When is this for, September? It's the start of food and wine, could be there's nothing.
November. I know we are there for thanks giving, so that may be the case. But if not then surely I should be compensated the difference I paid for a pool view and just charged for a standard room?

I really would not care if I had not paid extra money for this. If I was in a standard room it would not bother me one bit.

nickys

Premium Member
November. I know we are there for thanks giving, so that may be the case. But if not then surely I should be compensated the difference I paid for a pool view and just charged for a standard room?

I really would not care if I had not paid extra money for this. If I was in a standard room it would not bother me one bit.

Absolutely nothing available at AKL over Thanksgiving, so that's the issue over moving. That plus the fact that we do get charged for changing reservations unless the new resort or room type is more than your original. Clearly your t&cs must have that in them, I have friends who were going to be charged £400 to do that, so they stayed put!

As for the extra cost for pool view..... Well personally I think you're over-stating the whole "construction site" thing for a start. The views are better than standard, surrounding wall and a few diggers or not.

There really isn't much more any of us can say.

Hayley In Wonderland

Absolutely nothing available at AKL over Thanksgiving, so that's the issue over moving. That plus the fact that we do get charged for changing reservations unless the new resort or room type is more than your original. Clearly your t&cs must have that in them, I have friends who were going to be charged £400 to do that, so they stayed put!

As for the extra cost for pool view..... Well personally I think you're over-stating the whole "construction site" thing for a start. The views are better than standard, surrounding wall and a few diggers or not.

There really isn't much more any of us can say.
They had rooms available online until they pulled them after the pool announcement. I understand that however I would not be charged £700 that I paid extra in order to move rooms, for 2 adults. I'm still not getting the room I paid for though, and 4 months before I go is very short notice. I have spoken with my TA again and they are still waiting for a response from Disney.

crxbrett

Man, I woke up to this email today and was pretty disappointed to hear since this will be my first time at AKL. But I may have lucked out. People are saying it will not close until the 9th?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom