Uzima Springs Pool Closure

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I also sympathize with you @Hayley In Wonderland, but technically (and legally) you will have a pool view, even if the pool is under construction. There is no promise of an open pool with that room category. Yes, it stinks. We flew across the country to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and overlooked a HUGE construction zone where the pool should be and did not receive any advance notice. We did not let it ruin our trip and did not expect Disney to “make it right.” Refurbs have to happen and someone is always affected by them.

elhefe4

They are breaking contract if I am paying for a pool view room, being charged extra for this and also not giving me an option to move to a resort similar or lower in cost FoC or with a refund of the difference, which at the moment they are flat out refusing to do. They are under a legal obligation to provide the services that you paid for on your booking.
Stop saying this. If they truly were breaking the contract or doing something illegal, why are you only complaining about it on a message board? Hire a lawyer. The fact is, they aren't breaking your contract. The pool is still there and will still be visible from your room. Just because it's under construction doesn't mean you won't be able to see it from your room, which is all you're paying for.

nickys

Premium Member
It's not the room refurbs that are the issue. The whole main pool in Jambo House is going to be closed down. For people with a pool view room booked, who have paid extra money for this, are not getting what they have paid for.

My reply was to someone wondering if there was construction going on in the rooms until Fall 2019. Which is not the case.

I agree about the pool view issue, they should at least charge people the standard rate.

21stamps

They are being increasingly difficult. They are not allowing people affected to move without additional costs, they are trying to charge people more money to stay in a moderate resort (someone was told to pay £400.00 to move to CBR or £6,000 to GF) and are refusing to downgrade anyone or allow them to move rooms.

I don't expect them to, I just either want a refund or to be downgraded without Disney making it difficult. But then it's also not fair on people who have booked a pool view room who are now having their holiday inconvenienced and having Disney being so difficult about it.

They are breaking contract if I am paying for a pool view room, being charged extra for this and also not giving me an option to move to a resort similar or lower in cost FoC or with a refund of the difference, which at the moment they are flat out refusing to do. They are under a legal obligation to provide the services that you paid for on your booking.

Trust me, I am sooooo picky about my room category. I feel ya! That’s very disappointing to hear that they’re being difficult about a downgrade/Switch. I’d be extremely upset about that as well.

The legal thing is tough though, at some point a refurb/construction will happen, and it’s going to be during someone’s trip. They can’t make the pool available, but they shouldn’t give you difficulty with wanting to move!

Maybe @nickys could provide some assistance?

Hayley In Wonderland

Stop saying this. If they truly were breaking the contract or doing something illegal, why are you only complaining about it on a message board? Hire a lawyer. The fact is, they aren't breaking your contract. The pool is still there and will still be visible from your room. Just because it's under construction doesn't mean you won't be able to see it from your room, which is all you're paying for.
I have just spoken to Citizens Advice and they have informed that if Disney are not providing me what I am paying for and not willing to offer me a solution, they are breaching contracts here in the UK and can be taken to Court. So you're saying it's fair for me to pay an additional £700 for a room with a "pool view" only to be greeted with a construction site?

I worked in Law and my mum is a Solicitor, thanks though.

21stamps

I switched from a theme park view to a lagoon view at GF, shortly before my trip- no issues.

I switched from POR to AS S after I arrived at the check in desk at POR, I was refunded the difference no problem...sort of.. I got a $20 credit.

Is it a UK thing that you can’t change a reservation once booked?

elhefe4

I have just spoken to Citizens Advice and they have informed that if Disney are not providing me what I am paying for and not willing to offer me a solution, they are breaching contracts here in the UK and can be taken to Court. So you're saying it's fair for me to pay an additional £700 for a room with a "pool view" only to be greeted with a construction site?

I worked in Law and my mum is a Solicitor, thanks though.
Lol. Then I'd recommend you take them to court. Good luck with it.

Hayley In Wonderland

I also sympathize with you @Hayley In Wonderland, but technically (and legally) you will have a pool view, even if the pool is under construction. There is no promise of an open pool with that room category. Yes, it stinks. We flew across the country to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and overlooked a HUGE construction zone where the pool should be and did not receive any advance notice. We did not let it ruin our trip and did not expect Disney to “make it right.” Refurbs have to happen and someone is always affected by them.
Here in the UK we have standards that have to be met when it comes to our consumer rights. I have checked with different legal heads, my mum included, and they are in breach of contract as we are not getting what we paid for. I know, we stayed at Coronado last year and experienced this, but didn't care so much as it didn't effect our room or holiday. x

elhefe4

I switched from a theme park view to a lagoon view at GF, shortly before my trip- no issues.

I switched from POR to AS S after I arrived at the check in desk at POR, I was refunded the difference no problem.

I don't think it's a UK thing, I think it's a "I just want to complain and have people tell me I'm in the right, but I never actually asked Disney to switch my room" thing.

Hayley In Wonderland

I switched from POR to AS S after I arrived at the check in desk at POR, I was refunded the difference no problem...sort of.. I got a $20 credit.

No, you can. However as I said Disney are only offering a change of room with an upsurge in prices, including a downgrade to a moderate resort.

Hayley In Wonderland

I don't think it's a UK thing, I think it's a "I just want to complain and have people tell me I'm in the right, but I never actually asked Disney to switch my room" thing.
I did ask disney to switch my room, as did my travel agent and they won't. I can send you the email if you'd like?

elhefe4

So you think it's okay to pay additional funds for a room and not get it? If you bought an ice cream with a flake and didn't get the flake, would you ask them to give you what you paid for?
You're literally getting what you paid for though. You paid for a pool view room and when you look out the window or step out onto your balcony, the view you'll have will be of the pool. It's pretty straight-forward as far as I'm concerned. You didn't pay for a pool-use room or a pool-not-under-construction-view room.

nickys

Premium Member

We do have different terms and conditions, with far less favourable cancellation policies, and we do often get charged for a change of resort/package. Now that's if booking direct with Disney.

@Hayley In Wonderland booked through a travel agent, so I don't know what their t&cs are. However, she would have to take the travel agent to court, not Disney, since her contract is with the TA.

Btw, not a travel agent either!

Hayley In Wonderland

And the price of a standard view is now equal or higher than a pool view?

Just trying to figure this out.. it’s so strange! Has your travel agent put together a quote with a standard view?
It's lower price. No as they are still waiting on Disney for a response as they have again told them that it's not fair that I'm not being given any options out of this other than to pay more money to downgrade. It really is and completely unlike disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom