Utilitors

Badger Brent

Hey edwardtc, I thought you were the "answer guy".... I guess your just the misinformed, forgetful, misinterpreting guy?? Admit you don't know EVERYTHING and ease up on your expertise.:wave:

Tim G

Originally posted by edwardtc
Are you positive? I was told by one unreliable source that EPCOT did have a utilidor, and then I was told by a reliable source that the only tunnels in EPCOT were strictly for Utilities, and not for people traffic. Again, 2 sources, different answers - so I guess the only people who REALLY know are those who have been in them :)

Can someone who's been in them please confirm the location of the EPCOT Tunnels, and perhaps where they actually go to and from?
Rob (MKT) worked over there for a couple of years... Don't believe Rob? Don't believe me??

Who do you believe... Ah ..... your great sources.
Who will probably get sacked for you blabbering...

Go ahead continue behaving like this
You'll make yourself very, very popular...

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Corrus
Rob (MKT) worked over there for a couple of years... Don't believe Rob? Don't believe me??

Who do you believe... Ah ..... your great sources.
Who will probably get sacked for you blabbering...

Go ahead continue behaving like this
You'll make yourself very, very popular...

Silliness :)

Nope, don't know everything. Nope, don't doubt those who have worked there and actually been in them.

Obviously tour guides make stuff up - which I also don't doubt, haha. I sent an e-mail to the guy I know in the construction department to see what he says, lol.

Carry on :)

s25843

Silliness :)

Nope, don't know everything. Nope, don't doubt those who have worked there and actually been in them.

Obviously tour guides make stuff up - which I also don't doubt, haha. I sent an e-mail to the guy I know in the construction department to see what he says, lol.

Carry on :)

Uhh, well from the way you have been presenting yourself in posts from Day 1, you are certainly giving me, and several others round here the impression that you KNOW EVERYTHING, and you are really starting to wear out your welcome here, real real fast..

Carry On, and we shall see what happens

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by s25843
Uhh, well from the way you have been presenting yourself in posts from Day 1, you are certainly giving me, and several others round here the impression that you KNOW EVERYTHING, and you are really starting to wear out your welcome here, real real fast..

Carry On, and we shall see what happens

I'm just used to chatting on forums (not Disney ones) where people will come in and spew forth fiction, as if it were fact - and i HATE that.

I admit I don't know everything, but I try to educate myself on topics as best I can, and when someone else asks something, I do my best to answer it based on knowledge I've gained. However, as we've all pointed out, not all resources are fact, like tour guides. That's why I try to state my sources or reasoning for my answers when responding or posting.

If people wouldn't come on here and say, "This is this and that is that" and give no explanation as to why they know that or what their source was, these things would be much more informative.

I enjoy the posts where people tell stories, but as a technically minded person, I LOVE talking about technical aspects, secrets, backstage spots and Imagineering - and if I know an answer I will not hesitate to spew forth my thoghts, haha, while justifying them.

Anyway, don't wish to undermine anyone; don't claim to know everything; and respect the input of everyone on here, as long as it's not just what they think is the right answer.

I apologize for my apparent arrogance and will tone it down, I suppose :)

Woody13

Welcome to WDWMAGIC! Don't apologize one bit. You are trying to help and I appreciate your interest. I apologize to you that some members have been less than good hosts! Not all the members that are here, are all there. :lol:

s25843

Originally posted by Woody13
Welcome to WDWMAGIC! Don't apologize one bit. You are trying to help and I appreciate your interest. I apologize to you that some members have been less than good hosts! Not all the members that are here, are all there. :lol:

Now, see you turn around with this senseless comment, you are just as bad as the rest of us...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Anyway, don't wish to undermine anyone; don't claim to know everything; and respect the input of everyone on here, as long as it's not just what they think is the right answer.

then you shoudn't have started a thread titled: 'The Answer Guy.'

at least you've apologized

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Woody13

Thanks Woody, heehee. I guess I should live up to the name "Answer Guy" and answer every question on here, even if I have to make up the answers, LOL.

Thanks for the welcome :)

candyman

hi folks first post here

i took the backstage magic tour in 2001 on my last visit

it was truly the highlight of the visit

i went alone, rest of the family called me sad for wanting to go, but it was just great.

a full day with lunch at mama melroses, for me the worst part of the day --i dont like italian food, but the best part of the tour was to walk the utilidoors.
the overrding memory is the sound of the ice shooting along the pipes!!

and visiting the main computer control room and seeing the parade start off on the computer and then going back above ground to see it finish "live"

the best day in the world, if you get chance go.

:)

trr1

question

sorry to open this thread up but is there a small tunnel/utilidor
under Pleasure Island I thought I read it somewhere

CaptainShortty

I don't believe there is but I'm not 100% sure on that one. The Magic Kingdom Utilidors are cooradors that can be accessed from most backstage areas. Some "CMs only signs" lead directly to the Utilidors, some lead to backstage areas and from there there is an entrance to them. Just depends on the area. The ones in Epcot are MUCH smaller and are used mostly for storage. The characters don't really use the Epcot ones as far as I know. The backstage system in Epcot (aside from the "Utilidors") is pretty big so they mostly use that. If you do a googlemaps search of Epcot you'll be able to see just how big it is.

As far as the Keys Tour I HIGHLY recommend it. I took it with my roommate while I was on the college program and loved it. I thought it was going to be a lot of stuff I'd already heard but aside from being a CM and a total Disney trivia nerd I still learned a lot of stuff. You'll go into the Utilidors, go backstage by Splash Mountain and see how it works and where the parade floats are as well as being able to ride Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise and learn a lot of the secrets about how those rides work. The tour guides are fantastic and it was just a lot of fun. I'd also look into the Backstage Magic Tour. I haven't taken it but have heard it's great and is along the same lines as the KTTK tour.

Hope that helps answer everyones questions!! =)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
There are many backstage areas in DTD, but nothing like a Utilidor.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just found this article and found it interesting:

It's closed now, but Pleasure Island had a small network of underground tunnels running below the entire "island". These tunnels included the kitchen for most of the clubs where food was served, storage, management offices, a large breakroom with couches/tv's/vending machines, wardrobe facilities for dancers/performers, and access to the controls of the giant stone face that spoke to audiences in the center of the Adventurer's Club. Speaking of the Adventurer's Club, it had a network of walkways behind the walls that allowed performers to seemingly pop in and out of all the rooms without anyone seeing them. Panels in fake sections of the walls opened up to allow access. Going through those walkways at night, when the park was closed, was reaaaaaalllly creepy.​

http://activerain.com/blogsview/79370/top-secret-disney-tunnels-exposed-

Rob562

I believe most of the "underground" sections of PI are under the West End Plaza between Comedy Warehouse and BET/AC. When you walk uphill to the plaza, you're going up to the roof above those areas.

I presume the Comedy Warehouse, 8-Trax, AC and BET all had access to that area. And if you look at aerial views online, you can see the outside entrance to them between Comedy and Planet Hollywood. (Essentially over the fence to the right of Comedy and down one level.)

-Rob

EvanAnderson

I used to work in Epcot, and their are indeed tunnels. They're not as large as MK's. There are 2 real entrances (in terms of fitting any service vehicles). One is between Spaceship Earth and Universe of Energy. It goes under innoventions, with break rooms and storage rooms. It comes up in various doors in innoventions and in the breezeways. The other entrance is next to the Land.

Captain Hank

I've been in all three "tunnel" systems. The PI one really felt more like a very confusing, convoluted basement than a tunnel. MK's is sprawling, and, in recent years, has begun to smell a bit better. Epcot's is pretty dark and depressing, moreso than the MK tunnel. If you notice, you go uphill bettween the entrance to Spaceship Earth and Innoventions Plaza--that's so you can get above the tunnel.

bingie

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, yeah. I remember SEVERAL years ago, like in the 80s, my family took a brief tour where we sat in this little movie-theater-style room, and looked thru a large glass wall. This HOLOGRAM lady gave us a "tour" of the giant room with all the computers.

It seems more like just a big basement under the Communicores than a tunnel system really. Is there actually access to outside the park or any other areas of the park, or do Cast Members have to get to that area by entering the guest area?

There is an entrance backstage next to UOE where vehicles can drive into the tunnel (you can walk in there as well). http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nq....0680817772653&sty=b&where1=Epcot&form=LMLTCC

There is also an onstage doorway in the breezeway of Innoventions West, on the FW side of the breezeway on the left hand side. It's a nondescript door that opens to a stairwell that leads down to the tunnel.

There are other ways to access the tunnel from backstage areas...

As for the Pleasure Island questions, there is not a Utildor (per se) under PI, but a first floor http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nqvk508662y3&lvl=19.842581726525367&dir=264.76422463223656&sty=b&where1=Pleasure%20Island-Downtown%20Disney%2C%20FL&form=LMLTCC. Look at the comedy warehouse. You can see how it's three floors; the entrance is on the PI level on the third floor and then (if you can remember :mad:) the seating is tiered downward to the stage where you exit on the 1st floor. Remember as you enter PI you walk past Mannequins and then head uphill to the Adv Club and Comedy Warehouse and then head back down the bridge to the westside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom