USO Questions

Jasonflz

Original Poster
I just have 2 questions regarding the Orlando Studios.

1. First, has there been any word regarding the Transformers attraction? With DOTM's success, you would think a nice cash in would be in order.

2. Second, why the lack of a tram tour? Watching videos of USH's, it seems that it could be a cool look at backstage attractions and may even open up incentive to start re-using the studio for more filming oppurtunities. Not too mention the awesome King Kong segment.

DisneyFan 2000

1. I'm not sure about USO but the Hollywood counterpart is already heavily into construction of a ride based on the movies. Only problem in cloning it would be its' similarity to Spiderman.
2. I thought the lack of tram ride because unlike USH, USO is not an actual studio. Am I mistaken? I agree though, an experience like the Kong one would be an amazing addition for Orlando.

Bravo 229

1. First, has there been any word regarding the Transformers attraction? With DOTM's success, you would think a nice cash in would be in order.

2. Second, why the lack of a tram tour? Watching videos of USH's, it seems that it could be a cool look at backstage attractions and may even open up incentive to start re-using the studio for more filming oppurtunities. Not too mention the awesome King Kong segment.

1. No idea. The major problem I see is where would they put an attraction of that scale - it might require the removal of a current attraction or redesign of a land.

2. They wanted to build larger rides out of the Tram Tour elements to make it a theme park and a studio. There isn't much production going on there anymore, aside from IMPACT Wrestling and a few special shows here and there. They used to have a walking studio tour in the Nickelodeon section, but once Nick left, the tour was discontinued.

JT3000

1. No. There's rumors that Universal wants to put the ride in World Expo, but they're just rumors at this point.

2. USF no longer has a tram tour because... well, there's no need for one. While it is a working production facility, there just isn't enough activity to justify starting up a tram tour for that reason. I'm also not sure where they would put any sort of attraction that's exclusive to the tour. There's no backlot (USF's production concept is to use the park itself for outdoor filming.) The front lot, where production actually occurs, is opposite from the side of the park that has expansion room, and I don't see them putting a permanent attraction in one of the soundstages or having a tram roll through the length of the park. So you'd be riding a tram around a small, mostly empty production lot. Not real exciting.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Ok, thanks for the info. I could see Transformers being built but the scale would be massive and may require an attraction removal.

I have noticed (during HHN) that there is alot of unused space which may double for filming and whatnot.

cheezbat

Ok, thanks for the info. I could see Transformers being built but the scale would be massive and may require an attraction removal.

I have noticed (during HHN) that there is alot of unused space which may double for filming and whatnot.

While building a clone of Transformers would be easiest to do in that expansion plot in World Expo behind MIB...I personally would prefer to see it take over the plot of land being used by Fear Factor live. That auditorium is more or less a waste of space now. The could do more with a new ampitheater elsewhere...or modify the current 'Hollywood Bowl' production central area stage into a new ampitheater.

JT3000

Fear Factor isn't large enough to be replaced by Transformers. I'm also not sure where they would relocate Bill & Ted for HHN. I'd prefer if they just refurbished the stadium (possibly enclose it?) and then replaced FFL with a better, more permanent show.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Well Fear Factor is apparently making a return to tv sometime in the coming years, so chances of it being removed are very slim. It's an interesting show idea but it is fairly outdated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom