Using a Base Ticket in 2 parks in 1 day???

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
How would this work? Our friends are coming with us at some point of our trip and they are NOT getting park hopper. However one of the days They wanna do AK and Epcot. This has got to be possible to do but I just wanna make sure before I set it in stone.

Tom

Beta Return
How would this work? Our friends are coming with us at some point of our trip and they are NOT getting park hopper. However one of the days They wanna do AK and Epcot. This has got to be possible to do but I just wanna make sure before I set it in stone.

If they don't have the park hopper option on their tickets, it aint gonna work, unfortunately. Once a base ticket goes through a turnstile, it's tied to that park for the day.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No, it will not work.

Now if they had some old ticket leftover from a previous trip, they could use that ticket to enter a second park. But without a park hopper, there is no other option besides purchasing a separate ticket.

Tom

Beta Return
So they could not make it so that they use 2 days in 1 day?

This has also been tried, to no avail. Since everything is computerized now, the ticket is tracked by day. It doesn't unlock the next day until midnight (or your park-of-the-day closes, if after midnight). Every scenario has been tried.

No, it will not work.

Now if they had some old ticket leftover from a previous trip, they could use that ticket to enter a second park. But without a park hopper, there is no other option besides purchasing a separate ticket.

Right.

EDIT: They would need to buy 2 1-day tickets to visit two parks in the same day using base tickets.

flynnibus

Premium Member
the cheapest option is to simply upgrade the existing tickets to park hoppers... or if you have old tickets with remaining days left on them lying around.

I_heart_Tigger

yes they would have to upgrade their tickets to park hoppers. Do they only have a 1 day base ticket or a multi-day base ticket? They won't be able to just upgrade the one day they want to park hop - the upgrade will make it a park hopper for the remaining days on their ticket.

Does that make sense?...I'm into the wine already so if it doesn't it's just the booze talking :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That is so weird. Disney would actually gain from this happening. Oh well.

The problem is the way the tickets get cheaper and cheaper the longer that you stay... if they let people do this then nobody would EVER buy the park hopper option, they would just use another day off their plan that only cost them a couple of dollars because they bought 10 days.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well they gain if someone uses 2 days worth of tickets in one day is why it is surprising to me.

Tom

Beta Return
Well they gain if someone uses 2 days worth of tickets in one day is why it is surprising to me.

Knowing Disney's IT department, it probably boils down to the fact that they don't know how to script the software such that it can allow that to happen :p

sbkline

Well, as Unkadug explained, they really don't gain. They actually lose. Parkhopper costs what now, 55 bucks if I remember correctly? So, either you buy the parkhopper for $55 (or $45, or whatever it is), or you use one of those extra days for which you only paid a few bucks. The difference between a 9 day pass and a 10 day pass is less than 3 dollars. So, in your scenario, for less than three bucks, you can enter two parks in one day if you don't mind using up 2 park "days" at once. So by doing that, rather than purchasing parkhopper, Disney is losing around $52, give or take some change, by selling you an extra day that you can use for parkhopping.

CaptainJackNO

I think I know why they won't let you use more than one day in a 24 hour period. How many times a day do you think someone not as in the know as we are thinks they have park hopper privileges but does not? If they allowed multiple day uses, imagine the complaints and headaches adding days back to passes. Makes sense.

Tom

Beta Return
The problem is the way the tickets get cheaper and cheaper the longer that you stay... if they let people do this then nobody would EVER buy the park hopper option, they would just use another day off their plan that only cost them a couple of dollars because they bought 10 days.

again.. as stated before.. the issue is the price of a day becomes cheaper than the park hopper option itself. Disney loses money if they allowed it.

Well, as Unkadug explained, they really don't gain. They actually lose. Parkhopper costs what now, 55 bucks if I remember correctly? So, either you buy the parkhopper for $55 (or $45, or whatever it is), or you use one of those extra days for which you only paid a few bucks. The difference between a 9 day pass and a 10 day pass is less than 3 dollars. So, in your scenario, for less than three bucks, you can enter two parks in one day if you don't mind using up 2 park "days" at once. So by doing that, rather than purchasing parkhopper, Disney is losing around $52, give or take some change.

A 1-day Adult Base Ticket is $85
A 2-day Adult Base Ticket is $168 (+$83)

Park Hopper is $35 if added to a 1-day Ticket
Park Hopper is $55 if added to a 2-10-day Ticket

So, $120 (plus tax) for a 1-Day Park Hopper; $223 for a 2-Day Park Hopper.

Cheapest bet is to just get 1-Day Park Hoppers. But at the same time, since Day 2 is $83, Disney does come out ahead if you use both days of a 2-Day Ticket on one day.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The simple answer is no.

A base ticket allows a one calendar day park admission to one park. A hopper ticket allows a one calendar day park admission to multiple parks. A three-day ticket allows three separate one calendar day admissions.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think I know why they won't let you use more than one day in a 24 hour period. How many times a day do you think someone not as in the know as we are thinks they have park hopper privileges but does not? If they allowed multiple day uses, imagine the complaints and headaches adding days back to passes. Makes sense.

Yeah I agree with you there.

dreamscometrue

Cheapest bet is to just get 1-Day Park Hoppers. But at the same time, since Day 2 is $83, Disney does come out ahead if you use both days of a 2-Day Ticket on one day.

And if you stay 2 days to use 2 day non PH ticket, you might buy food, merch., etc. that second day and spend more money. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom