use of free refill mugs at other hotels

Epcot4ME

We have a bunch of mugs from the moderates and All-stars which we have consistantly been able to use interchangably at whichever one we were staying at. I don't think we've bought a mug in a couple of years. :cool:

Does the Contemporary have this sort of free refill mug too?? We aren't planning to bring any of our others since I figure they will notice an All-Stars mug!

Epcot4ME

AriBelle23

I am sorry but no one is watching or following in anyones footsteps. it's not like I go to Disney World and think,"Hmmm, which ways can i try to rip Disney off this trip!" Ya know? It's just natural for me to be like,"oh, i bought a mug last year, might as well use it again." I am resourceful like that. Never ever ever have I ever thought this was a problem until obsessed people start debating about something like this. Guests reuse their mugs ALL the time. I have never even witnessed a cast member taking a mug away from anyone! This discussion has gotten soooo ridiculous! I am probably the youngest person in this whole discussion and i even know when it has gone too far so please everyone just drop it! If you want to spend the extra money and get a new mug each trip, then that's just great! More power to you...but if you don't, then my goodness use your old mugs!!!!!! WHO CARES!!! it is NOT stealing! If Disney cared as much as some of you do, they would have put an end to it a LONG time ago.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

I am sorry but no one is watching or following in anyones footsteps. it's not like I go to Disney World and think,"Hmmm, which ways can i try to rip Disney off this trip!" Ya know? It's just natural for me to be like,"oh, i bought a mug last year, might as well use it again." I am resourceful like that. Never ever ever have I ever thought this was a problem until obsessed people start debating about something like this. Guests reuse their mugs ALL the time. I have never even witnessed a cast member taking a mug away from anyone! This discussion has gotten soooo ridiculous! I am probably the youngest person in this whole discussion and i even know when it has gone too far so please everyone just drop it! If you want to spend the extra money and get a new mug each trip, then that's just great! More power to you...but if you don't, then my goodness use your old mugs!!!!!! WHO CARES!!! it is NOT stealing! If Disney cared as much as some of you do, they would have put an end to it a LONG time ago. [/B][/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with people being obsessed, or you being resourceful. Being resourceful is a fine quality in a person. What I am talking about is theft, yes it is theft to take something that does not belong to you without paying for it, someone who works retail should definately see this. And yes our children do watch what we do and do learn their behaviors from from our actions. And the fact that others do it all the time does not make it right.

Upvote 0

WendyOkada

Let's not fight now...

Originally posted by AriBelle23
Never ever ever have I ever thought this was a problem until obsessed people start debating about something like this. Guests reuse their mugs ALL the time. I have never even witnessed a cast member taking a mug away from anyone! This discussion has gotten soooo ridiculous! I am probably the youngest person in this whole discussion and i even know when it has gone too far so please everyone just drop it! If you want to spend the extra money and get a new mug each trip, then that's just great! More power to you...but if you don't, then my goodness use your old mugs!!!!!! WHO CARES!!! it is NOT stealing!
First of all, you don't need to yell (I can tell you are by your use of exclamation marks).

Secondly, this is not a debate (you should see some other threads), this is a healthy discussion about a topic. And you cannot tell people to drop it if they want to continue discussing calmly and rationally. (and if you think this has "gone too far", it's apparent that you have not been on this board long - anyone remember the AKL: 2 thumbs down thread? :rolleyes: ) because this is not long at all.

Thirdly, you don't need to keep reading these posts if you don't want to (and probably shouldn't make comments like you did to billybaruch below):
Oh and you don't have to worry about replying because I don't have time to come back here. for real.
This type of condescending attitude is not appreciated here. We are all here just to have fun talking about Disney and learning from each other. Granted, sometimes we can get into debates, but hopefully we are all adults here and can agree to disagree. There is no need to "yell" or get all bent out of shape.

Just some tips as you are new here and may not know how the boards work.

:D :D

Upvote 0

The_CEO

Never ever ever have I ever thought this was a problem until obsessed people start debating about something like this. Guests reuse their mugs ALL the time. I have never even witnessed a cast member taking a mug away from anyone! This discussion has gotten soooo ridiculous! I am probably the youngest person in this whole discussion and i even know when it has gone too far so please everyone just drop it! If you want to spend the extra money and get a new mug each trip, then that's just great! More power to you...but if you don't, then my goodness use your old mugs!!!!!! WHO CARES!!! it is NOT stealing!

Like everyone else is trying to tell you.. Calm down.:drevil:

Upvote 0

Scooter

The only problem I have with these mugs is I feel I was mislead when I bought one.:(

I was staying at a Disney Resort when Disney first introduced these Resort Mugs. When I checked in, they made a point of telling me about the great mug deal and how once I bought one, you could refill it for a lifetime for free. I thought it was a ploy to get you to come back to stay on Disney Property time after time. If figured it was a great deal, as I stay at the same resort almost every time I go to WDW.

When the mugs started showing up for sale on Ebay and then Disney found out that people were loaning them to friends and family, they CHANGED the Mugs to a "Length of Stay Mug"

Perhaps Disney should honor "Charter Mug People"...the people who have bought them up until now with free soda for life and then change the mugs every year for the new mug purchasers.

While I realize that Disney has the right to change the rules at any time, they should have thought about the consequences if they advertised the Mugs as free refills for a lifetime.

There might have been people who would not have bought the mugs under the old rule had they known that Disney was going to change the rule later.

Although I understand why Disney did this, this was a poor plan on Disney's part and some people might consider this a deceptive practice.

Just for the record...I'm leaving my old mugs at home and buying new ones this trip...although I don't care for the Length of Stay refill rule...I don't believe that breaking the rules is right either. :animwink:

Upvote 0

The_CEO

I still have my contemporary mugs.. It aint hard to just walk in with them and fill them up. They WONT stop you because they ARE their cups. Even if you arent staying there.. Do it anyway. Its just soda. They can spare.

I plan to do it again.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

The underlying issue is what the official policy is regarding refillable mugs.

There are several different "official" versions floating around.
This leads to confusion and, apparently, anger.

Even though the policy may have changed to "length of stay", apparently CM's are still telling people that the mug is good in perpetuity.

This is just plain bad policy. And even though WDW is a huge entity, it should be easy enough to get the word out by now.

That said, when you get a little older and have children, you will realize that there are some battles not worth fighting. I suspect that for Disney, this isn't worth the grief and bad will that would ensue from enforcement of the policy.

Upvote 0

billybaruch1

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
I suspect that for Disney, this isn't worth the grief and bad will that would ensue from enforcement of the policy.

I agree. Not only is it not worth it for Disney to embarrass its guests, it's a moneymaker. Think about trading a week's worth of cokes and coffee for thousands of dollars in park tickets, souvenirs, food, and accommodations. Disney wants people to return with their mugs!

The important question seems to be: has anyone ever been denied a refill? If yes, then they were caught stealing, embarrassed and humiliated, and will probably never return, costing Disney thousands of dollars each year. If no, then that fact tells us what the real policy is.

Awaiting further information, I say: let your conscience be your guide and drink up! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom