use of free refill mugs at other hotels

Epcot4ME

We have a bunch of mugs from the moderates and All-stars which we have consistantly been able to use interchangably at whichever one we were staying at. I don't think we've bought a mug in a couple of years. :cool:

Does the Contemporary have this sort of free refill mug too?? We aren't planning to bring any of our others since I figure they will notice an All-Stars mug!

Epcot4ME

Scooter

Yes..the Contemporary Resort offers a refillable Resort mug.

It's to be used during the length of your stay and is only to be used at the Contemporary Resort.

I believe you can get free coffee, fountain drinks and hot chocolate after you have purchased your mug.

Under the new rules, your mug is only good for your current trip and new mugs must be purchased on subsequent trips.

This is from information given to me by Disney Contemporary Resort Castmembers.

Other resorts may have differant rules...and others on this board may give you differant information.

Upvote 0

mousefan17

I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in July, and when i bought my mug (its a tradtion to get a ne wone every year!) she also added that it was only good certain hours of the day, which was new to me, and sounded ridiculous. but when my aunt purchased hers, (different cashier) she never said it was only good certain house. but for length of stay.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by mousefan17
I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in July, and when i bought my mug (its a tradtion to get a ne wone every year!) she also added that it was only good certain hours of the day, which was new to me, and sounded ridiculous. but when my aunt purchased hers, (different cashier) she never said it was only good certain house. but for length of stay.

I know the AS Food Courts close at a Certain hour, so that is what she probally meant. Contemp's Food court is open 24/7. They are more strict at the Contemp regarding the Mugs as you have to pass through the Cashier area as you exit..

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We also get new mugs every time...we use them constantly at home and they need to be replaced. We usually stay at the WL, but stayed at the Poly last year. Mugs are good for length of stay, for the hours that the snackbar is open. No limit on number of trips. :wave:

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

Original Poster
yeah, you don't have to pass a cashier in the Value and some of the moderates. It makes it easy to use the mugs again. Perhaps they have just recently discovered that people go more than once a year and therefore are smart enough to use their mugs each time.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by Epcot4ME
yeah, you don't have to pass a cashier in the Value and some of the moderates. It makes it easy to use the mugs again. Perhaps they have just recently discovered that people go more than once a year and therefore are smart enough to use their mugs each time.

You don't pass the cashier at the Poly or Wilderness Lodge either. The Lodge cups haven't changed design for a few years.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We buy new mugs each time. My personal opinion is that if someone is seen using an old mug or a mug from another resort, I'd like to see a CM take the mug(s). It's $11 for cryin' out loud.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by HauntedPirate
We buy new mugs each time. My personal opinion is that if someone is seen using an old mug or a mug from another resort, I'd like to see a CM take the mug(s). It's $11 for cryin' out loud.

THANK YOU!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

wdwfan65

Banned
We resort hop all the time and we fill up our mugs at every resort we go to.The only people I have a problem with are the ones that use the mugs they sell in the parks,or they bring some mug from home,you see this a lot at the All stars.

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

My personal opinion is that if someone is seen using an old mug or a mug from another resort, I'd like to see a CM take the mug(s).

I personally think that people who bring drinks from home in a cooler should be banned from Walt Disney World for life also. I mean the nerve of these people, who probably also bring snacks and sandwich meat. Why can't they just buy it in Sport Goofy's? My goodness some people will do anything to save a buck. I mean it's not like Disney rips you off on food and drink or anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by wdwfan65
The only people I have a problem with are the ones that use the mugs they sell in the parks,

What's interesting is that at OKW they sell two refillable mugs. One has Old Key West logo on it and only costs around $5 but refills are $1.60 or so. They sell another mug with Nemo on it for $11 but all refills are free at the resort! After we bought the Nemo one, we see the same Nemo mug as a souvenir in every park and they're selling if for 3 or 4 bucks!!!:brick:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
What's interesting is that at OKW they sell two refillable mugs. One has Old Key West logo on it and only costs around $5 but refills are $1.60 or so. They sell another mug with Nemo on it for $11 but all refills are free at the resort! After we bought the Nemo one, we see the same Nemo mug as a souvenir in every park and they're selling if for 3 or 4 bucks!!!:brick:

Got a Nemo mug at Blizzard Beach this last trip.

Upvote 0

Becky

If I were a CM making $6-7 an hour I would not confront a guest over a refillable mug.:eek:

If Disney really wanted to end the practice they could put bar codes on the mugs and set the machines up to read them:lookaroun not put CM's in no win situations.

Upvote 0

FormerCM

I have enough to pack without worrying about bringing a mug back.

But I am intrigued as to how Disney would know your mug is being used at a different stay time, if your at that same hotel.

Are the dates on the cups now???

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I'm guessing that if Disney cared as much about this issue as some of the people on the Message Boards, those self-serve machines would be long gone by now.

:brick:

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by Scooter
Originally posted by Becky
If I were a CM making $6-7 an hour I would not confront a guest over a refillable mug.:eek:

So....your ETHICS are based on your INCOME?

Hmmm..guess I was raised wrong.:zipit:

Grow up and learn to read:rolleyes:
My post has nothing to do with my ethics. It has to do with
unreasonable expectations of you and others.:lookaroun

Disney management has made no attempt to stop the misuse of the refillable mugs. Yet you expect a poorly paid CM to confront a guest about misuse of the mug. The guest will complain to management and it will be the CM who will suffer not the guest.

Upvote 0

wdwfan65

Banned
Sometimes I hate to read these forums people get so far off the subject,and get so mad at each other.If you want to reuse your mug great,if not buy a new one everytime who cares we are talking about pop here. Disney gets such a great deal from Coke they still make plenty of $$ If Disney cared about this they would monitor it,they dont so why do we care.Drink up:lol:

Upvote 0

s25843

Disney Makes plenty of dough off of Sodas! I read somewhere that the most expensive part of the entire mix is the cup, and soda and cup combined only cost the company somthing like 20 cents

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom