Upon my return from the world...

Gooood evening all! We went to WDW from Sunday, Sept.27th-Tuesday, Sept. 29th. We went primarly for food and wine but ended up spending the majority of our time in Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. We also attended MNSSHP on the night of our departure and I have a few photos from that but alas all the colored lights placed havoc on the photos :dazzle:. Well I guess as the saying goes, It's time to get on with the show!
I did want to tell ya'll that it might take me a few days to do this because I have SOOO many projects going on at work!

cdunbar

Original Poster
Sunday, September 27th 2009

We were going to leave Lakeland at 8 am that morning only to get a phone call from my friend saying we'd have to make a pit stop off at the emergency room! She was ok but a friend of ours who had been under the weather for about 2 weeks had gotten worse over night and had to be placed in the hospitial. As it turned out he was fine, just a really bad case of stirp throat! Ok 9:30 we hit the road and traffic was light to non-existent making the trip rather quick! We arrived at the Yacht Club at about 10:15, checked in, told we didn't have a room yet, and they would text us when we did. So we headed on to Hollywood Studios, at the yacht club you use the friendship boats to go to both EPCOT and DHS, and that was actually pretty nice. Now let me say this the next time we would use them would be before park opening and we would have to wait for 3 boats before we could finally get one!

picture.php

We had lunch at the Brown Derby and shared the cobb salad and then each got an appetizer, it was yummy:slurp:
picture.php

We stayed at the studios till about 4:30. We stayed through the rain and then the humidity got terrible and I'm use to humidity! It rained again and then it wasn't as bad! We rode the GMR, BLT, RnRC, ToT, and went to LMA! LMA was the last thing we did that day because we were both tired and FYI you get to the que for it and then you have to walk what seemed like, at least to us, like 5miles to get to the seating! The show was pretty cool though!

We went back to the hotel and decided we'd go to the pool, Stormalong bay, and it was amazing! Blair and I did the slide, her twice me only once because I did it and felt like a drowned rat when I got off of it! :lol:

picture.php
Sorry the picture is blurry!

We stayed at the pool for probably 3 hours and met a nice woman and her 3 nephews who were from NJ and had never been to the world! We quickly enlighted her! :D

We went back up to the room to shower and change for dinner, we didn't have any ADR's b/c we could get NONE anywhere no where! We weren't being picky we were just like ok what do you have in EPCOT? They'd say nothing!! We'd go ok well about any of the resorts, umm nothing! So we thought we'd try again when we got there, we stayed on the concierge floor and he laughed at us :( We thought we'd just give walk-up a shot! We went to Cape May the girl was like umm no move on! Ok, we tried beaches n' cream she was like O yeah I have room we got all excited :sohappy: she goes ok give me your name I'll be able to seat you at 10pm, FYI it's about 8 at this point! We were like we are not waiting 2 hours to eat! We went back to our room put on our sweats ran down to the concierge nabbed some beer and wine and sodas and desserts :slurp: and ordered room service! I had a bacon cheeseburger and Blair had a yacht club club, yes that's what they called it

We ate, and I spilled ketchup on my bed spread and was all upset because I thought I destroyed it but Blair had a tide pen and we were able to get it out
We went to bed about 11 and the woman whose room backed up to ours was yelling at someone in another language ALL NIGHT! At 3 am I finally called to complain and it didn't help! So I took a pill and went night night!:eek:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Monday, September 28th

We woke up at 7:30 went to the concierge lounge to get breakfast, :slurp:, and then headed back to the room to get dressed for MK yay! Got to MK about 9:30, had to wait forever for a bus! We did some window shopping, and headed to tomorrowland!
picture.php

We went to MILF, then we had FP for Buzz, and then headed to TTA!
picture.php

We rode through SM and Blair couldn't understand why they had the black walls up inside so you couldn't see in, she thought it would be so cool to watch them work and I too agreed with her but explained to her that what was actually going on inside is very hush hush and no one is 110% sure what we'll get!
This was the only thing you could see in SM
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TTA was pretty empty
picture.php

Plenty of SM construction Photos-EXTERIOR
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cdunbar

Original Poster
More MK

picture.php

After tomorrowland we walked over to Fantasyland, we stopped between because this CM had a pin I was looking for. I broke out my trading bag, and he said to me in the rudest tone ma'am I have a green lanyard on, which meant he only traded with children which I didn't know :shrug: So we started to walk away and then he yells after me Miss and I turn around and go back and he says to me you know ma'am you really should pay better attention to the lanyard colors. I was shocked at his behavior, I mean did I make a mistake? Yes, but I don't believe his comment was needed! We walked on over to HM and walked on, after HM we went to SpM got fastpasses for 1, it was 12:30 at this point, and BTMRR had a 30 min wait so we went on that and then went for lunch at Peso Bill's, it wasn't that good , so the back door of Bill's was open and dropped you out in front of POTC! It had a walk-on so we did it! After that we watched the Castle Stage show and I took some more pictures :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We decided that we would go to EPCOT then so we got on the monorail and off then back on and headed over there! We got there only to realize that we were both exhausted and were ready to go back to the hotel. So we hiked through World Showcase to the friendship boats to head back to Yacht Club . We hung out there for a few hours and then headed to DTD. We did some shopping and I did some pin trading. I found Blair in Once upon a toy stuffing body parts into Mr. Potato head, I was distrubed :lookaroun. She finished took them up to check-out and the CP said to us you're not gonna fill them up more, we looked at each and said well what do you mean he goes put as much in the box as you can just make sure it closes, FYI those boxes can be exploding and they'll close :lol:.
Ate at Portibello's it was really good, we caught our bus and headed back to pack! :cry:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Tuesday, September 29th

As stated earlier I have returned to finish my trip report, my very short trip but alas still a trip! So we woke up at 7:30 again and went to the concierge lounge and had our breakfast! O I forgot to mention that monday morning during our breakfast I heard the woman who had been screaming like a banchee to someone in another in the room that backed up to ours, I had to listen to voice all night so alas I could recongize the voice. We ate breakfast, headed back to the room, showered, packed our stuff then the car and then went to go wait for the boat to DHS. We had to sit through 3 boats because they were all at capacity! GRR It was not enjoyable experience. I have to say that was the only downfall to the Yacht Club. We arrived at DHS at about 9:30 or 10 and then went to go ride TSMM and it had an 80 min wait and the FP's weren't till 7, this is at 10 am mind you! Well we obviously weren't still going to be there at 7 we would me at MNSSHP, so we waited! And I got some great pics of the que. But I am of the opinion that this is a ride that's que will have to be refurbished reguarly because the kids go over the fences and climb on the blocks and run around on stuff, etc. you get the point. I said to some kid that he needed to get of one of those building blocks or else he was gonna get hurt, and then he fell and of course got hurt and the mother was like that's so your fault, I didn't say anything... so I now present que pics:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This Dr. Malpractice Pic was a must because my friend Blair, the one in the photo is a nurse
picture.php

I ashmaed to say that I was one of those people who stopped to take this picture, yes I held up the line :shrug: so shot me I had never seen him and thought it was so cool!
picture.php

I throughly enjoyed TSMM que and the ride itself! Next we headed off to Saratoga Springs for a DVC tour, they were giving $100 gift certificates if you took one so we did...I spent my $50 on MNSSHP pins, lol!

So after our DVC we went back to the yacht club to put some purchases we had made away in the car and then we caught the bus over to MK for MNSSHP! :sohappy:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Tuesday, Sept. 29th- MNSSHP

We throughly enjoyed this event even though we only stayed till about 10, it was a blast! The only negative was the fact that there was no place to eat if you didn't have a dinning reservation or couldn't get one as was the case with us, then you were SOL! We went to Harbor house for Clam Chowder they closed at 5, so then we went back to Cosmic Ray's and I had the chicken nuggets dinner and blair had the children's chicken nuggets dinner to save room for the turkey leg, which she never got :shrug:! So we rode SOO many rides without waits it was unbelievable, I would highly recommend MNSSHP just for that, and the candy was AWESOME! I even got a tooth brush that plays the star wars theme, you can't make that up people! The parade was pretty cool, I actually moved to under the little area with all the food carts to stand on the brick siding and watch it, Blair stood on a trashcan but being the clutz that I am I decided against that. I ended up misstepping on the brick and falling and I have a brusie the size od Rhode Island on my left arm but I'm ok! :ROFLOL: :wave: We missed the fireworks because my mom called to tell me I had a doctors appt at 8 am, she scheduled it bc she was worried about this patch of skin on leg that was all funky colors whatev, so we left earlier than we'd of liked but yeah. So I have a couple oif parade pics they didn't turn out the best, but the parade itself is so awesome!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

After the parade we went to HM, and right as we got into the stretching room this group of people came in there was 5 or 6 of them! They were dressed as HM characters to the point where when one came towards me I told her to shew go on, she was a little much :rolleyes:! They had ALL had on contacts that made their eyes white, one was dressed as a headless husband, one as constance, three hitchhiking ghosts and maybe there was another I'm not sure! But outside we saw Madame Leota and I thought it was so funny that she had a southern accent. They also had a man dressed as the grave digger, the man that is in the HM scence with his dog that's what I call him is the grave digger.

But here are a couple of Madame Leota
picture.php

picture.php

I took this picture of Blair while we were waiting to get in and it took like 3 try's because the lights were making it so difficult!
I have a few pics left but I've used them all up! So I'll post them in my next post!:wave:

cdunbar

Original Poster
The picture that I was talking about that gave my camera a run for its money!
picture.php

I also took some pics of the Halloween Windows which I was in love with!
picture.php

picture.php

And I took a pic of the train station as we were leaving! :cry:
picture.php

It's bit blurry, sorry! But as you walk under the train station if you look up they have these pumpkins carved out and they say see ya real soon and I so loved that! :sohappy:

DisneyBunny

Looks like you had fun! The crowds are really nuts with the free dining, huh? We tried to change our Friday ADR, but there was NOTHING left.

Thanks for sharing! :wave:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Looks like you had fun! The crowds are really nuts with the free dining, huh? We tried to change our Friday ADR, but there was NOTHING left.

Thanks for sharing! :wave:
O yeah, we asked the concierge to look for something in EPCOT and he was like there's nothing and then we got him to check MK the night of MNSSHP and we was like there's nothing and it was just crazy you walk by the restaurants and look like they're busting at the seems!:brick:

krankenstein

O yeah, we asked the concierge to look for something in EPCOT and he was like there's nothing and then we got him to check MK the night of MNSSHP and we was like there's nothing and it was just crazy you walk by the restaurants and look like they're busting at the seems!:brick:

Wow! I'm happy I got Whispering Canyon and Boma a couple of weeks ago. Both a breakfasts, but that's good for me.

I figure I'll graze Food and Wine for my meal on Saturday. :lol:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Wow! I'm happy I got Whispering Canyon and Boma a couple of weeks ago. Both a breakfasts, but that's good for me.

I figure I'll graze Food and Wine for my meal on Saturday. :lol:
Yeah if you're ok spending 30 bucks on lunch.. b/c those little platter things are EXPENSIVE!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom