New Feature Upload photos directly to the forum without a photo service

JN3VA

Flickr deprecated the BBCODE option with their new photo experience. Anyone know how we embed and link photos now. they have two options that provide only HTML code and a IFRAME object. Which should we use. Neither option seems to link to the photo. Or maybe is there a place to convert from their link to the BBCODE?

EDIT - Figured this out. In the new Flickr experience there is an icon that looks like a pin. Click that and it will display the BBCODE. But it does not provide all of the details such as name of the image etc. You'll have to add that manually.

Last edited:

erstwo

Okay. I am not having any luck uploading from my iPhone 5s. I've allowed WDWmagic to access my photos in my app/ privacy settings. I have the latest update. Any clues?
When I press 'upload file' and 'choose' none of my options come up except 'close.'

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay. I am not having any luck uploading from my iPhone 5s. I've allowed WDWmagic to access my photos in my app/ privacy settings. I have the latest update. Any clues?
When I press 'upload file' and 'choose' none of my options come up except 'close.'
Make sure you are using Safari

Had to try this out.
Evil Shoes.jpg

samosaurus

Trying to upload pictures and they all look fine on my computer, but end up grainy when I upload them. Any suggestions to fix this?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Type your post in the little box where all the letters show up on the screen. Then tape the Polaroid pic under all the letters you typed. Never ever refresh the screen and everything is OK. I actually buy a new computer every time I post a picture in this way. It seems pretty fool proof. See the cute pic of my kids below ?

WDWtraveler

All this time...now I have an important question. When I am logged in, all the photos are large and full screen sized of course. However, if I wasn't a member, or don't log in.....ALL my photos are tiny thumbnails. However, some people display full size photos in their posts, even when I am not logged in. So, how can I do that? How can my photos be full sized for viewing, if you don't log in? There must be a way.
Sincerely, WDWtraveler.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
All this time...now I have an important question. When I am logged in, all the photos are large and full screen sized of course. However, if I wasn't a member, or don't log in.....ALL my photos are tiny thumbnails. However, some people display full size photos in their posts, even when I am not logged in. So, how can I do that? How can my photos be full sized for viewing, if you don't log in? There must be a way.
Sincerely, WDWtraveler.
There are two ways to add photos to the forum, you can upload them directly (as this thread describes), or you can upload them somewhere else (like Flickr), and then embed them in a post.

If uploading directly here to the forum (where the image is actually stored on the forum), only the thumbnail version will be visible to unregistered users - they will need to register or login to view the full size.

If embedding, there will only be one size, and that will be visible to all users regardless of whether they are logged in or not.

The reason for this is that it costs us to store the images when they are directly attached to the forum, so only viewers who are actually members of the forum can view the large sizes.

Hope that makes sense!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom