Upgrading To The Dining Plan

Hi,

I know that you can upgrade to the dining plan for around $11 per person a night under the Free QS offer.

My question is can you upgrade for part of the trip, or must you upgrade all or nothing?

I should note, we already have 2 ADR's for sit downs that we will pay out of pocket for.
I am just doing some math and seeing if it would be worht upgrading for part (if possible).

BigShot2421

Original Poster
Right Now I Am Booked August 19th -28th

What if i Split the reservation say 19th-23rd and 23rd-28th.
Could I then ugrade one reservation and leave the other?

In doing the math it seems like if i do two out of pocket table service dinners, it's the same as splitting and upgrading one?

For Example get the 8 day Hopper with teh 19th-23rd (4 Nights) w/ Upgrade
Get A 1 Day Ticket for the 23rd-28th Package (5) Nights w/ keeping the QS Free.

Is this doable?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Right Now I Am Booked August 19th -28th

What if i Split the reservation say 19th-23rd and 23rd-28th.
Could I then ugrade one reservation and leave the other?

In doing the math it seems like if i do two out of pocket table service dinners, it's the same as splitting and upgrading one?

For Example get the 8 day Hopper with teh 19th-23rd (4 Nights) w/ Upgrade
Get A 1 Day Ticket for the 23rd-28th Package (5) Nights w/ keeping the QS Free.

Is this doable?
Most of the free dining promotions require a minimum 2 day ticket purchase. Also your second reservation will be a new reservation and free dining is no longer available. Lastly the price difference between a 9 day ticket and a 1 day plus an 8 day is more than $80 extra per person. It would about the same to upgrade to the DDP for your entire trip vs breaking it up.

Upvote 0
Where are people getting these free dining offers? I've been searching on the Disney website and all I find is the stay and play for free which doesn't include dining.

Upvote 0

suechris2

not worth it

We did the dining when it was free.
Up side was it was free.
Downs!
Way to much food so I would never want to buy the plan.
We also ended up revolving our days around dinner reservations.
It becomes a pain that you have to go certain places because you had to make a reservation.

Upvote 0

BigShot2421

Original Poster
We did the dining when it was free.
Up side was it was free.
Downs!
Way to much food so I would never want to buy the plan.
We also ended up revolving our days around dinner reservations.
It becomes a pain that you have to go certain places because you had to make a reservation.

This is exactly why were like the QS with only a few Table thrown in.
I dont want to be tied to down to Having to be somewhere at a certian time.

Upvote 0
I did the math for when we went last month and had the free QS dining, and since I was wanting to do the Spirit of Aloha dinner show, it worked out to be much cheaper to upgrade to regular dining and do the dinner show plus two other table service dinners than it would of been to ONLY do the dinner show out of pocket. We were there for a total of 5 nights (1 as room only and 4 with the free dining, had to split them due to when the free dining was offered). With two of us, between the 3 sit down dinners and the 8 QS credits we had and 8 snack credits, we just split most of the QS meals (they usually are MORE than enough for two) and only had one or two breakfasts out of pocket.

It really worked out well for us, only had to revolve our schedule around 3 reservations, and the rest was whatever, whenever, with plenty of food.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We are going in June and got the free dining pin code. We are going to hit IoA & SW during this trip as well. For us it was worth paying the $11 per person, per day difference to upgrade. We will use some for two credit options to cover the days we won't be dining at Disney. It still ended up being a better deal for us than the original discount we had.

Upvote 0

fredtom

We actually plan our entire Disney trips around our dinner reservations. We enjoy the food as much as all the rides, etc.

My DW and I are the same way. We look forward to our restaurant reservations as much as anything else... and dining is one of the main reasons we go. We just enjoy the resort experiences as well. What makes it all the more magical is that it's at WDW.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We actually plan our entire Disney trips around our dinner reservations. We enjoy the food as much as all the rides, etc.
Wait a tic....They have rides there!? I have just been eating my way from restaurant to restaurant. This is going to make that my May tip much more interesting.:lol:

Upvote 0

btk2333

+1 we plan our visits around our reservations as well. If you do some research in advance you can check and see what parks are going to be least busy on what days and make your reservations at those parks or nearby resorts. The Dining Plan is a lot of food, but we've found that it saves us a considerable amount of money vs. what we spend on food without the dining plan

Upvote 0

draybook

Where are people getting these free dining offers? I've been searching on the Disney website and all I find is the stay and play for free which doesn't include dining.

We booked our trip last August 18th when we got FD, but we also upgraded to TS since we're staiying at a value resort. We will also have an extra TS meal since two of our days on property will be spent at Universal. One of the extra days will be used for CRT, but not sure how to burn the other one.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Whenever we are on the DDP, we get park hoppers for the simple fact we can go wherever, whenever. Ressies mean meals, not the park of the day. And since it's FD, the extra $$ for PH is in the budget. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ShadyLady

OP - if you do split your trip to only have a certain number of meals/days, just remember you couldnt spread them out over your entire trip. I believe your meals expire on midnight of the departure day, so if you only did plan through day x you couldnt carry credits to day z.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

With this upcoming trip being #12 we no longer feel the need to go from morning till night and have just as much fun planning on where we want to eat as planning the rest of the trip. And being there in the HEAT of August its nice to know you have 2 TS meals aday to sit in the cool and relax!!!! WDW is really more than just the parks...for us at least!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom