Upgrading a park hopper to an AP...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Quick question...

I have a 10 day magic your way ticket with the park hopper option... I have about 4 days left on it.

Now, I wanna upgrade to an AP...

So the question is... do they take the CURRENT value (4 days) and apply that to an AP?

Or...

Do they take the total value (what I paid) for the 10 day park hopper and apply that to the AP?

Sorry.. this will be my first time getting an AP... and I am just a bit confused, about this whole upgrading thing.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

-Jer

nicholas

They take the total amount you payed for the ten day. And the expiration date of your new AP will be based on the first day you used the Park Hopper.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
DMC-12 said:
Quick question...

I have a 10 day magic your way ticket with the park hopper option... I have about 4 days left on it.

Now, I wanna upgrade to an AP...

So the question is... do they take the CURRENT value (4 days) and apply that to an AP?

Or...

Do they take the total value (what I paid) for the 10 day park hopper and apply that to the AP?

Sorry.. this will be my first time getting an AP... and I am just a bit confused, about this whole upgrading thing.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

-Jer

I think they would take forty percent of what you paid for the ten-day hopper [four days' worth] toward the price of the AP.

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
nicholas said:
They take the total amount you payed for the ten day. And the expiration date of your new AP will be based on the first day you used the Park Hopper.

Hmmm that wont work. That is what I was affraid of.

I first used my park hopper in DEC... and I am going back again this DEC.

So... is there a way they can just apply my remaining days ($$$) on the park hopper, and apply that to an AP, instead?

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
MontyMon said:
I think they would take forty percent of what you paid for the ten-day hopper [four days' worth] toward the price of the AP.

Hmmm Thats not bad... I hope that is what they do then... so that way I just start out with an AP that expires in May 2007 then... since I plan on getting the AP this May (06).

Upvote 0

GymLeaderPhil

What Nicholas said is correct... the total price of your ticket being used to upgrade to an AP is deducted and the expiration date is the day you first used that pass.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
GymLeaderPhil said:
What Nicholas said is correct... the total price of your ticket being used to upgrade to an AP is deducted and the expiration date is the day you first used that pass.
What if that date is over a year ago?

Upvote 0

MissM

It's my understanding that you can upgrade tickets within 14 days of purchase. Certain tickets are special such as the FL Resident Play 3 which lets you upgrade to an AP within 30 days of the last day of use, but in my experience it had to be within a 14 day period of purchase. They apply the amount you paid to the AP cost and you simply pay the difference. And yes, the date of expiration is the date the first ticket was used.

I have updated a Play 4 (a few years ago) purchased in June to a seasonal AP in October and my expiration date was the following June. (Ironically two weeks after the blackout dates.) And more recently, I purchased a one-day and wanted to up it to a Play 3 and they actually made me drive to Orlando to do it in person. Only at the four parks or Guest Services in Downtown Disney would they let me do it. It had to be within 14 days. This might have to do with it being a FL resident ticket but jeez. It was inconvient to say the least. (Though when I had my AP, they did that over the phone and I picked it up at Will Call.)
-m

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
From AllEars.com:

I've never done it, but Deb's site has the following info:

I have heard that I can upgrade my park hopper pass to an AP or PAP and get full credit for the original purchase price even after I have used a few days admission. Is this true?
Yes it is. If you decide within 14 days of first using a MYW hopper pass that you want to upgrade it to an AP/PAP, you will get full credit for the price of the hopper pass towards the AP/PAP. The AP/PAP will be backdated to the date the hopper pass was first used. But beware: If you get a hopper plus pass and use one of the plus admissions before doing this, you will only be allowed to upgrade to a PAP. Once the 14 day window has passed, the ticket cannot be upgraded. If you added the No Expiration option, you can apply the remaining dollar value of the unused admissions towards the AP/PAP.

So, upgrading has to be done within 14 days and they apply the full cost to the new AP. After the 14-day window, they apply the remaining dollar value towards the AP. It isn't clear how they determine the remaining dollar value, but I'd assume it wouldn't back-date your AP to original use or there wouldn't be any incentive to convert until your unused days were finished. And I'd bet they want you to convert!

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Remaining dollar value is equivilent to the pass "entrance value" (In his case, a 4-day MYW w/park hopper and no expiration) at the original purchase time, in his case Dec 2005.

They do this so you can't trade in four 1990's tickets for an FL AP.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Per official Disney Ticket Upgrade Policy....

Guests are able to upgrade or modify their Magic Your Way Tickets anytime within 14 days of first use, regardless of whether the No Expiration Option is purchased. After 14 days, no ticket modifications or upgrades may take place. The only exception to this rule is the Florida Resident 3-Day Play Pass. Guests may upgrade their Florida Resident 3-Day Play Pass to a Florida Resident Seasonal, Annual or Premium Annual Pass anytime within 6 months of first use, regardless of whether the No Expiration Option is purchased. After 6 months, no ticket modifications or upgrades may take place.
(source: Cast Portal / DRC Folios)

Also note with the price structure of Magic Your Way Tickets, the remaining dollar value of 4 unused days on a 10 day 2005 MYW ticket is only $12.00. This is based on the difference between a 6 day 2005 MYW ticket (what was used) and the original cost of a 10 day MYW ticket. Hence the reason for the 14 day rule, it is not cost effective to apply any "remaining dollar value" to upgraded tickets after the 14 days.

Do keep in mind that Deb's Site, although a good source of information, is not an official source of information.

Hope this helps!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
JPVonDrake said:
Do keep in mind that Deb's Site, although a good source of information, is not an official source of information.

And that's why I started off with saying I've never done it and explained that it wasn't clear how they'd determine remaining value.

Deb's site was the only info I could find and I provided it as information with a disclaimer that I wasn't sure. I'm glad you provided more detailed and accurate info.

Now, if I could only get access to the Cast Portal... Guess being a Civil Servant in Canada doesn't really qualify me, hunh? :lol:

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
JPVonDrake said:
Per official Disney Ticket Upgrade Policy....

Guests are able to upgrade or modify their Magic Your Way Tickets anytime within 14 days of first use, regardless of whether the No Expiration Option is purchased. After 14 days, no ticket modifications or upgrades may take place. The only exception to this rule is the Florida Resident 3-Day Play Pass. Guests may upgrade their Florida Resident 3-Day Play Pass to a Florida Resident Seasonal, Annual or Premium Annual Pass anytime within 6 months of first use, regardless of whether the No Expiration Option is purchased. After 6 months, no ticket modifications or upgrades may take place.
(source: Cast Portal / DRC Folios)

Also note with the price structure of Magic Your Way Tickets, the remaining dollar value of 4 unused days on a 10 day 2005 MYW ticket is only $12.00. This is based on the difference between a 6 day 2005 MYW ticket (what was used) and the original cost of a 10 day MYW ticket. Hence the reason for the 14 day rule, it is not cost effective to apply any "remaining dollar value" to upgraded tickets after the 14 days.

Hope this helps!:sohappy:

Thanks for the info....

So I'll either just purchachase another MYW hopper....

Or... I'll just go for an AP... and save my current MYW hopper for a rainy day in the future... after my AP expires.

Thanks everyone. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom