Upgrading a oneday unused MYW Ticket to an PAP

wagnerdanp

Original Poster
Hello,

I have heard rumors that Disney is going to increase their ticket prices at the start of August. My family currently has PAP that will expire at the end of our trip in the beginning of August and we are looking to "buy new" PAP for when we come down in Jan. We do not want to renew our passes because the renewal date would be in August.

Our family has three one day MYW Tickets that have never been used and I wanted to upgrade them to new PAP for our use in Jan. Since ticket prices are suppose to increase this August, I want to upgrade our MYW to a PAP certificate and then turn the certificate in at WDW in Jan.

First, can this be done?
Second, can I call Disney up and have them make the switch or must this be done at WDW Guest Relations?
Third, if we must do this at WDW Guest Relations, would the PAP's be active or could we explain our situation to Guest Relations and would Guest Relations then give us a certificate that we could redeem in Jan.

Thank you,
Dan

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think the upgrade has to be done in person and the new ticket will be valid the day you do so. So an upgrade before prices go up won't work the way you want. Unless the price goes up a ridiculous amount, you're better to wait until January.

Rob562

There *might* be a way that they could get an exchange voucher for their AP and not the AP itself...

Hypothetical situation time:
Let's say you want to purchase an AP as a gift for someone. If you do it at a ticket window, they can't give you the actual AP because the person who it's for it's there to provide their information. In that case, they give you a voucher for the AP, right? That voucher wouldn't be activated until you traded it in again in the future.

Now the unknown part of this transaction is whether or not you can use an unused MYW ticket as a credit toward the purchase of that voucher...

In either case, you *should* be able to get a voucher at the ticket window, either by asking the CM if they can sell just the voucher, or fibbing a little and saying that you're buying it as a gift...

Or, if you want to skip the trade-in of the MYW ticket, you could just buy a new AP voucher now online or over the phone...

-Rob

wagnerdanp

Original Poster
Does anyone else have any suggestions? I am hoping Rob562 is right but I do have a feeling that MontyMon may be right.

I anyone has done this please post as it would probably save my family a lot of money!

Thanks!

mousefan1972

Another solution would be to use your MYW tickets in January (using them prior to upgrading them will "bridge" the price to the current gate value), then upgrade them to PAP's. You will unfortuntately still pay the increase in the AP price, but at least you will get the increased price in return for your MYW tickets. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom