Upgrades and Improvements to Disney Transport

Monorail_Red_77

It probably has more to do with where the monorails are parked overnight more than anything.

Thanks for the info. I assumed something like that. I have been on the Resort beam when the monorails were getting inspected before. You could hear the maintenance doors being opened under the monorail on the sides. I think it was after one of the 24 hour events. Also saw drug dogs in action then too over at MK station.

Disney2017

Today at back of the animal kingdom parking lot they had a few of the new trams parked. There is no word yet on when they will be put to use.

983e2c22da77440595a0e245f5b5861e.png

Last edited:

rocketraccoon

I've seen these parked in random parking lots every so often for the past few months. I've seen them with sandbags/bags of concrete in the seats, even. I'm guessing they're still doing training for the CMs?

Can't wait for them to be adopted though! If they're notably quieter than the current trams then maybe the tunnel next to the TTC won't be horrible to be under anymore.

Disney2017

I've seen these parked in random parking lots every so often for the past few months. I've seen them with sandbags/bags of concrete in the seats, even. I'm guessing they're still doing training for the CMs?

Can't wait for them to be adopted though! If they're notably quieter than the current trams then maybe the tunnel next to the TTC won't be horrible to be under anymore.

They are hybrid I believe so they should be quieter.

Obobru

The plate covering the back wheel looks like a temporary addition and the front metal plate looks odd.

Any idea why these haven't been painted like the buses and are using the old transport design if they are new?

Goofyernmost

Take my word for it, they aren't all that difficult to drive or different then what they have already except the power train. The sand bags are to test if it has the power to pull a fully loaded tram up the hill to MK. That was a problem that they had when the park first opened. The trams were under powered and couldn't always make the grade fully loaded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom