Upgrade

kennedy

Has anyone ever received a complimentary upgrade to a better room when staying at one of the Disney resorts? if so, how did you swing it?

Is it even worth asking?

Coree

My husband and I stayed at AKL for our honeymoon. We had reservations for a standard view room and when we checked in the cast member just told us we had been upgraded to a pool view room. We didn't ask for it--it just happened. We went in September during off season so I'm not sure if this would happen during more crowded times.

Upvote 0

roysta123

On my last trip, I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. At checkin, they told me that they had a courtyard view availible when I paid for a standard room. instead of the parking lot, we had a view of the pool, lake and woods for free!!!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We were upgraded last August to a courtyard view at the WL because the room we requested (our favorite) was not available. We ended up with a view of the pool between the WL & the villas with Fort Wilderness to our left. Very nice.

Upvote 0

swimmom

The only time we got an upgrade was during off season. We booked a standard view room at Wilderness Lodge and they offered a lake view, which they no longer offer probably due to the trees that were then starting to obstruct the view. Nonetheless, it was a better view than the parking lot!

It never hurts to politely ask if a room with a better view is available.

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

My family got upgraded from All Stars to Dixie Landings in August of 1994....WOW...10 years ago! OMG I can't believe it's been that long. I haven't been upgraded for years because I get the CM rate. That's ok though! :)

TheDisneyGirl02

Upvote 0

Disneynut

We received an upgrade at Boardwalk Inn. When we checked in, just mentioned in passing, how terrible the plane trip was (long delay, etc.). Next thing I know the cm moved us from a parking lot view to a lagoon view room. That is Disney Magic.

Upvote 0

AKFreak

The first time I visited WDW by myself, I was booked for Port Orleans Riverside (will ALWAYS be Dixie Landings). When I arrived after a long day at work, I was told they lost my reservation. The CM went to get a manager, who informed me that I was moved to Wilderness Lodge for no additional charge. I had a courtyard view for a cheap Florida Resident Discount price.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We checked into Yacht Club--our first ever deluxe after all moderates--at about 11 at night after a 21 hour drive. In conversation, the CM asked if we would prefer a garden view 1st floor or a lagoon view 4th floor. The latter was chosen, and was absolutely wonderful and completely unexpected.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Once at Port Orleans they put us in a Lagoon View room when we only booked a standard view. Never received anything at the Polynesian though (although we had a great view of the marina/lagoon this year...but it is still considered standard view).

Upvote 0

tigger248

At Grand Floridian once a friend and I received the perfect magic kingdom view room without asking. They also gave us a room on a corner and it was much larger than the other rooms. We had 2 balconies instead of 1 and a much larger closet with a small hall type walkway from the door to our actual room. We were quite impressed, especially since it was during my college program and my roomate and I received the cast discount.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

2 years ago I was checking into the Contemporary and I made a remark to the girl that I remembered seeing her there twice before.She was very nice everytime and she smiled and went in the back. She came back and told me our room wasn't ready yet (it was only 1:00) and gave me a buisness card with a phone number to call and my room keys,she told me to call that number at 3:00 and they would tell me my room number and I was already checked in.I thanked her and as I walked away she quietly said "it's worth the wait". I went up to the outer rim with my wife and had a few beers and called and got my room number...she had upgraded us to one of the corner rooms on the garden wing- Facing the pool. It was a huge room with a double balcony,wet bar,fridge,extra living room HUGE bathroom with a bathtub and seperate shower,King sized bed, It was nearly twice the normal sized room. 10 days in heaven.I love that girl. I still see her there everytime I go,pretty girl long blonde hair-and as you can tell by my story a very nice and generous person.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

In 1993, this was our first trip since 1984 to WDW and our first stay on property. We had driven 23 hours straight from Chicago and were a little "loopy". At check-in, we told the CM we needed a non-smoking room. He started typing away. It seemed that he pecked on the keyboard for a long time but we didn't care. We were just glad to be out of the car. After a time he said, "this is not exactly the room you reserved, but I think you'll like it." He showed us on the resort map where we were located and then told us to see the bell men and they would help us with the bags. We got our bellman, drove back to the car and then he took us on the cart to our building. We were still so tired at this point, we didn't realize what had happened. After a night's sleep, the next morning I was looking at the Birnbaum guide and realized we had been upgraded from a parking lot view to a view of the lagoon directly across from the castle. Best firework video we ever got was from our balcony at the Poly that trip. The Poly became our fav resort that trip.

Upvote 0

CamCodey

Last year we stayed for a week at OKW. Through our time share, we had requested Friday-Friday stay, but instead gave us Sat-Sat stay. We wanted to start WDW on Fri so I made ressies for the Contemporary (great AP discount) for only our first night. We were to have one of the wing rooms. The month before our trip our dog was hit by a car on my son's 8th birthday and that week my neck went out (Degenerative Disc Disease). After being flat on my back for several days I started therapy & was getting better. I faxed a room request, mentioning these things, & that after a 17-hour drive we'd like to be near the pool to relax.

Upon check-in I was VERY pleasantly surprised to be told that we had been upgraded to a Tower Room!! That was our most magical stay ever (even if only for 1 night). We ate at Chef Mickey's for dinner and our children (10, 8 & 4) enjoyed the pin-trading at the Contemporary. There were no fireworks that night, but we slept with the curtains open so the boys could see Mk's "Kiss Goodnight" from Cinderella's Castle from their beds, lying on their pillows!!

This has started a great tradition for us & we will stay at the Contemporary again this October for the first night (hopefully again for that great AP rate-to be released in late summer?) No guarantees that we will again receive an upgrade, but we'd be able to see the fireworks (MNSSHP) from the 4th or 10th(??) floors of the Contemp. We will also enjoy the pool, dine at Chef Mickey's, and the children will enjoy the pin-trading that night. Our first morning we hope to catch the monorail to MK for an early breakfast with Cinderella!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Originally posted by roysta123
I forgot to mention that my upgrade from a standard to courtyard view at the WL was over this past President's Week!

Yes! I forgot to mention our great upgrade was the day after Christmas right through and past New Years. Great to know Disney even does this in the super busy times if they can!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom