Updating Fantasmic?

dae_woods

Original Poster
I have heard through the grapevine that there might be a large updating of Fantasmic in the near future. That seems hard to believe since shows are still running twice a night in the summer and they would have to change parts if not all of the soundtrack while learning new skits. Hmmmmmm.

Can anyone verify or give some insight?

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Originally posted by dae_woods
I have heard through the grapevine that there might be a large updating of Fantasmic in the near future. That seems hard to believe since shows are still running twice a night in the summer and they would have to change parts if not all of the soundtrack while learning new skits. Hmmmmmm.

Can anyone verify or give some insight?

Wow yeah that's really interesting! I would like to know too!

tigger248

Fantasmic's my favorite show! Anybody know anything? I also heard something on another thread but not what might be done. I hope nothing is done before July so I can see it as is one more time.

dae_woods

Original Poster
Yeah, it is a great show, but some changes will probably eventually be needed just to keep it fresh. Hopefully a CM here can fill us in.

andre85

Yeah, it is a great show, but some changes will probably eventually be needed just to keep it fresh.

Or to make it up to par with the awesome Disneyland version.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I think there may be some sour grapes in your grapevine ;)

I'll talk to my people next week, see what (if anything) going on. All I know about in the foreseeable future is just regularly scheduled rehabs, and nothing much more. However, I wouldn't doubt if something big will come... eventually.

dae_woods

Original Poster
Originally posted by mkt
I think there may be some sour grapes in your grapevine ;)

Oh I know that for sure:lol:

I just wanted to verify, or shoot down in this case, the crazy rumors. Yeah I know that eventually something will have to change with it but WHEN is the question.

It will be good to hear what you find out from your people. Thanks.:hammer:

PuertoRekinSam

These rumors have been spreading aruond for years now. I remember back in 2000 being told that Pocohonas was going to be replaced with Tarzan. And here we are 4 years later, with no updates... I will believe it when I see it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Personally, I think it's in need of a serious overhaul. The Pocahontas scene is totally out of place, and watching animation on the water screens, while cool, isn't all that exciting. More about Mickey's imagination, fewer movie tie-ins just for the sake of tying them in, and more effective use of the water screens (ie. make the animation tie in with what's going on)

dae_woods

Original Poster
I personally have not seen the show in Disneyland but have heard on many many accounts that it is somehow better than the one in WDW.

Although I find this hard to believe, I trust what I hear, especially if it is from a majority of people that I talk to.

If this is the case, maybe it is time for not a large updating but rather a few minor ones here and there to get it up to speed with its couterpart in DL.

I too wait for things to actually happen to believe them but I couldn't pass this rumor up.:hammer:

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
I personally have not seen the show in Disneyland but have heard on many many accounts that it is somehow better than the one in WDW.

Although I find this hard to believe, I trust what I hear, especially if it is from a majority of people that I talk to.

If this is the case, maybe it is time for not a large updating but rather a few minor ones here and there to get it up to speed with its couterpart in DL.

Yeah um could someone please clarify how the DL version is diff from the WDW version? And describe how it's better?

Number_6

Okay, I just got done talking to a CM friend of mine that works Fantasmic! According to my friend, who shall remain nameless to keep him or her out of trouble, just in case, the following has been told to the CMs and Managers:

A rehab could happen in 2005. This rehab would solely be a standard repaint, repair and refurbish job. Changes to the show are being thought about, but that's all at this point. One thing that may be leading to some rumors is a possible plan for a "rain show." This would be about a three minute soundtrack that would be played in the event that it is too slippery onstage/it's raining/etc while they set off the fireworks that had been set for the Fantasmic show that night. It would just be the fireworks and music, maybe a little bit of water effects as well but that's all, no characters. Once the fireworks are set, they have to be set off so they were getting alot of complaints from people that said that the show was cancelled, but they could see the fireworks going off from the parking lot. This would be a solution that would make everyone happy, in theory. I trust my source has given me the most accurate information that could be given at this point, so I hope this helps.

Coasterbp

Few things...

1) Fantasmic as you see it now will be staying the same for a while. While there HAVE BEEN talks about changing Poca into something "better", it's hard to justify paying all the money to change it since Fantasmic ALWAYS ranks "Excellent" in over 97% guests surveyed. The current thinking is why spend a TON of money to change something when 97% of the people think it's excellent the way it is. It makes sense.

2) The "Rain Show" is done. It's programmed, bought off by the uppity ups and ready to be show to guests and has been for about a month now. The only reason it hasn't been used within the last month is because the weather, when it was bad enough to do the rain show, was TOO bad and they had to evactuate the theater before the rain show could be shown. (I.E. LIGHTNING)

Hope this clears everything up.

PS. The Rain Show is neat. Very pretty looking with music that WILL be stuck in your head for the rest of the night.

N-Joy.

ToTBellHop

Even if the Peter Pan scene is kewler, I don't want it coming to our Fantasmic! show. I'm not a huge fan of direct clones and there are quite a few other full length animated features that they could take scenes from, as well. I would rather see a new scene. Who cares if Disneyland has something better than we do? Disney World doesn't need to be better than Disneyland in EVERY way ;)

awallaceunc

Well Captain Hook deserves a large part in the show, much moreso than Radcliffe. I agree that the Pocahontas skit seems to be sort of thrown in the show and doesn't fit well. It's still an amazing show, though... my favorite, in fact. So you'll get no complaints from me!

The set for the Disney Land show looks way cooler than the WDW one, though I've never seen it in person. I've heard it's a better show, too.

The rain show sounds awesome, and I'm glad they have it now!

-Aaron

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Coasterbp
PS. The Rain Show is neat. Very pretty looking with music that WILL be stuck in your head for the rest of the night.
So, you're saying that the rain show's main song is It's a Small World? That really stinks.:brick:

xfkirsten

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Even if the Peter Pan scene is kewler, I don't want it coming to our Fantasmic! show. I'm not a huge fan of direct clones and there are quite a few other full length animated features that they could take scenes from, as well. I would rather see a new scene. Who cares if Disneyland has something better than we do? Disney World doesn't need to be better than Disneyland in EVERY way ;)

I agree - Peter Pan is on of the greatest segments in Fantasmic here in DL. Just got back from seeing it, actually. :p But I don't like the idea of a direct clone. I think they should take the idea, and do something similar, maybe a PotC segment. But as I understand it, there isn't room to store another boat back there. :( I am curious though - is there room to make Steamboat Willie larger? It looks pretty pitiful next to the Mark Twain. :p

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom