Updates to the Seas Pavilion

DoleWhipDrea

Rice cream should have some spice, but obviously with the strawberries and sweetness, you have to have a gentle hand with it. Cardamom and cinnamon are Scandinavian spice favorites for sweets. And lots of marzipan.

So, the chamber in The Seas...I feel like I saw it in use in 2019 or early 2020 before the shutdown, but honestly I'm not sure...at least I think I saw more water in the chamber? And it wasn't as green as the picture shared from the last page...has anyone definitively seen it in use since thee parks re-opened after the closure?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
One problem I’ve had with The Seas for a while is how dark the queue is. I know it takes your eyes a bit of time to adjust from going from bright sunshine to inside a queue, but my eyes tend to adjust rather quickly and even during the nearly 5 minute walk through the queue (I’ll be honest, my youngest is 13, I’m not riding this unless it’s a near-walk on) it is awfully dark.

castlecake2.0

One problem I’ve had with The Seas for a while is how dark the queue is. I know it takes your eyes a bit of time to adjust from going from bright sunshine to inside a queue, but my eyes tend to adjust rather quickly and even during the nearly 5 minute walk through the queue (I’ll be honest, my youngest is 13, I’m not riding this unless it’s a near-walk on) it is awfully dark.
That queue is three times longer than it needs to be. I feel if this pavilion ever gets a major update it will be like other epcot projects where they seem to just being reversing all the terrible design decisions from 99 onwards. Someone can correct me but the space the queue uses now used to hold a queue, a lobby, two theatres, hydrolators and sea cab boarding area? Did they actually think that queue length would ever be needed or used?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That queue is three times longer than it needs to be. I feel if this pavilion ever gets a major update it will be like other epcot projects where they seem to just being reversing all the terrible design decisions from 99 onwards. Someone can correct me but the space the queue uses now used to hold a queue, a lobby, two theatres, hydrolators and sea cab boarding area? Did they actually think that queue length would ever be needed or used?
I have this to hand. Messy but the green squiggle is the current queue and the red circle current load. Yellow current ride path.

F54FF927-6CAE-4EF9-AB4C-9F49448255BB.jpeg

castlecake2.0

I noticed that when I was there earlier this week. The overall upkeep of the parks is really not great. Very dirty. Trash buildups and wear and tear everywhere.
Yah it was pretty bad. I try to give them some leeway as I know they just hired thousands of people and are trying to get back into a rhythm, but this is just way beyond acceptable

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom