Updates to the MK Classics

MKingdom25

Originally posted by conntom
It's about time. I hope its a update of COP :sohappy:

I think it a little update of COP would be fine but not much. I like COP as it is. It could probably be updated with some more high-tech effects but I think the animatronics and sets work pretty well now. :cool:

P.S. Of course, if upgrades to COP are what keeps it open all the time then ROCK ON!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by MKingdom25

I think it a little update of COP would be fine but not much. I like COP as it is. It could probably be updated with some more high-tech effects but I think the animatronics and sets work pretty well now. :cool:

P.S. Of course, if upgrades to COP are what keeps it open all the time then ROCK ON!

I agree! I'd be thrilled if just some routine maintainence was done on CoP! I love thinking of the "great big beautiful tomorrow..."! :sohappy:

TravisMT81

it is a measly 30 million, that isn't much. Mainly a new paint job and clean/repair..maybe a few things added. Really this should be something standard but since nothing seems to be kept up like it use to be, they will make a big deal over it lol.

cymbaldiva

Hmmm...

Originally posted by TravisM
it is a measly 30 million, that isn't much. Mainly a new paint job and clean/repair..maybe a few things added. Really this should be something standard but since nothing seems to be kept up like it use to be, they will make a big deal over it lol.

I'm going to have to take a moment to decide exactly how you meant that....

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by JLW11Hi

I doubt any of the mountains will get updates. It might be possible to build a new track inside Space Mountain (any one know if that could be done?), but BTMR would be almost impossible to build a new track, since the whole thing is built around the current one. And Spash Mt doesn't need an update, IMO.

I agree that Splash and Big Thunder are fine as is. I doubt this would happen, but it would be cool if they changed one of the tracks on Space Mt (maybe add a loop and definitely a soundtrack) and then left the other track the same as it is. That way it would be like two completely different rides.

General Grizz

Good or Bad?

While this seems to be VERY EXCITING news...one can't stop to think but...are they gonna mess it up? :lol:

I would say CBJ would be on this list, it is one of the the original MK exclusives, if you know what I mean. Let's hope they don't modernize em, but add TO their classicness!!

I would love to see updated technology, but if the "classicness" is rubbed off the classics...that...will...be...prrrreeetttttyy.......horrible! Let's hope they might open up some more guest-say before messing with the key MK hits! :)

Otherwise, seeing the new bears...or new pirates...or dolls...with 150 moves per second...now THAT'S a different story!! :animwink:

Tigggrl

Actually, there are some great rehabs in the works for Disneylands 50th celebration...including something in planning for 20K....but that wouldnt interest anyone here.....LOL:lol:

adr315

Originally posted by Tigggrl
Actually, there are some great rehabs in the works for Disneylands 50th celebration...including something in planning for 20K....but that wouldnt interest anyone here.....LOL:lol:

Considering Disneyland doesnt have a 20K (never did either), i'll take yuor post with a huge grain of salt.......

Sherm00

Originally posted by stingrock23
I'm all for the rehabs, but i hope the attractions won't be dramatically changed. Just updating the equipment would be nice. maybe some small changes, but nothing drastic.

I also llike Alien Encounter, and would prefer it to remain the same. I enjoy it, it's a unique experience. If theyr'e gonna build a stich attraction, why not create something entirely new, instead of destroying something else. That's all too prevalent.

I wouldn't mind an update if they update things and not de-update things like journey in epcot. that was a downgrade not an update.

Sherm00

Originally posted by adr315
30 million isnt a lot for Disney attraction budgets, so i think these will be relatively minor rehabs (at least compared to DL's ride rehabs), and i think this is just to get the classics (Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Space Mtn) up to tip top shape, with maybe minor show changes.... Im sure DL's will be on a much grander scale....... Im just happy to see that Disney will likely go all out in 2005, not just in DL, but worldwide, in order to celebrate this incredible milestone......

whats in 2005?

Sherm00

Originally posted by mousecar
Just got back from a late August trip. Maybe it's just me but I thought there were some things that already looked "redone". A lot of the effects in the Haunted Mansion seemed brighter and clearer. The tombstone with the eyes is a great addition. I also thought that IASW had a lot of "redone" characters, and the music seemed much lower. Everything seemed quieter in the ride. I can't believe that actually bothered me in IASW!:lol:
It seems all the rides now have a safety spiel in audio or video form.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

yes the park (and especially the water in IASW) seemed cleaner.

Lee

Adventurer
Actually, pretty major rehabs are still in the picture for DL. When the new fiscal year budget is announced soon, there may be some details.

As for MK's CoP. . . ride it while you can. It won't last longer than the late 2003/early 2004. Way too many sources are confirming the likelihood of an updated "flying saucers" style attraction in time for 2005 in that building.

Re-tracking Space. . .no way. That would literally take half the 30mil right there. New queue and lighting effects on the other hand. . .

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Lee
Actually, pretty major rehabs are still in the picture for DL. When the new fiscal year budget is announced soon, there may be some details.

As for MK's CoP. . . ride it while you can. It won't last longer than the late 2003/early 2004. Way too many sources are confirming the likelihood of an updated "flying saucers" style attraction in time for 2005 in that building.

Re-tracking Space. . .no way. That would literally take half the 30mil right there. New queue and lighting effects on the other hand. . .

What's a flying saucer attraction? Anyways, you may be right, but as all rumors, and since I love CoP, I'm taking this one with a licking stone! :D

pheneix

>>>pretty major rehabs are still in the picture for DL<<<

If you consider them to be on the scale of Pirates or Small World, then yes. Other than that, the only thing DL will be getting is a new parade (actually the current parade running through WDW's Magic Kingdom, but still).

>>>As for MK's CoP. . . ride it while you can.<<<

Don't take Jim Hill's columns as the gospel. He's is wrong about many things (I couldn't help but chuckle when he talked about the fiber optics coming to HKDL and Disneyland).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom