Updates to the MK Classics

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No specifics are mention yet, but we are generally talking of Mansion, Pirates, Mountains etc. :)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
They're actually thinking about doing a stitch rehab on AE? :rolleyes: I love the movie, but if it needs recognition @ WDW, it would make a better dark ride! Oh Well... Have a great day. :)

wdwcrazy

Isn't this the same thing that's suppose to happen to the DL attractions for the 50th anniversary? If this does go through for wdw then the celebration rumors for 2005 could be true.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by wdwmagic
No specifics are mention yet, but we are generally talking of Mansion, Pirates, Mountains etc. :)

According to some Guests who've been there recently, those classics sure need this attention. And Buzz, also, but since he isn't a classic, one can only hope...

I wonder if they can undo all the political correctness BS they have going at Pirates. That crap they pulled in there just doesn't make any frickin sense! :mad:

dxwwf3

They can rehab all they want to as long as the Alien Encounter change is only a rumor. Changing Alien Encounter would be a huge mistake. It is one of the best shows on property and does not need to be turned into a kiddie type show. This is only my opinon but PLEASE do not change Alien Encounter in any way, shape, or form.

AdLibSean

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
Isn't this the same thing that's suppose to happen to the DL attractions for the 50th anniversary? If this does go through for wdw then the celebration rumors for 2005 could be true.

Is there another thread somwhere were this info is posted? I know 2005 is DL's 50th, but is there some kind of celebration supposed to take place throughout ALL Disney parks?

Sherm00

Originally posted by dxwwf3
They can rehab all they want to as long as the Alien Encounter change is only a rumor. Changing Alien Encounter would be a huge mistake. It is one of the best shows on property and does not need to be turned into a kiddie type show. This is only my opinon but PLEASE do not change Alien Encounter in any way, shape, or form.

sorry this I hope is the first that gets done. I don't like the ride and skip it when we go. I think some of the attractions just need a little dusting and cleaning and maybe a little fresh paint. who knows though. I for one would love to see the park as prestine as it first opened.

stingrock23

I'm all for the rehabs, but i hope the attractions won't be dramatically changed. Just updating the equipment would be nice. maybe some small changes, but nothing drastic.

I also llike Alien Encounter, and would prefer it to remain the same. I enjoy it, it's a unique experience. If theyr'e gonna build a stich attraction, why not create something entirely new, instead of destroying something else. That's all too prevalent.

wahooskipper

I think I read that DL was considering a major update to the Jungle Cruise to include some new effects. Basically a little more hi-tech. I'd like to see that at MK.

adr315

30 million isnt a lot for Disney attraction budgets, so i think these will be relatively minor rehabs (at least compared to DL's ride rehabs), and i think this is just to get the classics (Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Space Mtn) up to tip top shape, with maybe minor show changes.... Im sure DL's will be on a much grander scale....... Im just happy to see that Disney will likely go all out in 2005, not just in DL, but worldwide, in order to celebrate this incredible milestone......

Testtrack321

From what I here on the grapevine, most of the money will be delt to fixing the CoP building and fixing Space's track. Most of the attractions will get a new audo-anaimatronic and a new set of paint.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Will these rehabs necessarily be noticeable by WDW guests or is it mainly behind the scenes maintenance? Major renovation should be focused on Fantasyland....desperate need of updating and clean-up there.

mousecar

Just got back from a late August trip. Maybe it's just me but I thought there were some things that already looked "redone". A lot of the effects in the Haunted Mansion seemed brighter and clearer. The tombstone with the eyes is a great addition. I also thought that IASW had a lot of "redone" characters, and the music seemed much lower. Everything seemed quieter in the ride. I can't believe that actually bothered me in IASW!:lol:
It seems all the rides now have a safety spiel in audio or video form.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by AdLibSean

Is there another thread somwhere were this info is posted? I know 2005 is DL's 50th, but is there some kind of celebration supposed to take place throughout ALL Disney parks?

Yes! I was thinking the same thing.

My guess is that they will only update the American parks, MK and DL. I would bet they are going to add those fancy sword dueling pirates like they have in Paris. Mabey new special effects in the Haunted Mansion. And the Jungle Cruise could just get a new script with new jokes to make me happy.

I doubt much of the sets will be changed, but there have been so many advancements in animatronics lately, I would love to see them replace the old ones from the classic rides. I watched a video of the Sinbad ride at TDisney Sea, and they have great animatronics. I have wanted to see a change like this happen for a while: keep the classic ride ideas, but update them with new animatronics/special effects, etc. Kinda like they did with the Tiki Room. (I am one who likes the update to the tiki room. Its short, but the tiki godess is really cool.)

I doubt any of the mountains will get updates. It might be possible to build a new track inside Space Mountain (any one know if that could be done?), but BTMR would be almost impossible to build a new track, since the whole thing is built around the current one. And Spash Mt doesn't need an update, IMO.

pheneix

If Disney actually goes through with this, it will be a total travesty. The big "5 Rehabs" for Disneyland have been canned, and all the will be getting are thorough clean up jobs to return them to their former glory (in other words, actually give them the maintnance that they used to get on a regular basis before Pressler took over) like they just recently did with Small World.

Of course, here in Florida we may actually get a little bit more (word just got posted online that all of the "unique" effects from DCA's version of the Tower of Terror would be added to TOT Florida, as soon as the next rehab later this year), because the 50th Celebration will be centered around Walt Disney World, Epcot in particular.

Yes, this is how Disney will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt's original park. At least we'll get some stuff out of it in Florida...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom