Updates all around

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Here's your quarterly "status" update from yours truly:

Capacity for the outdoor seating at Yak and Yeti has been updated to seat 350.

Based on my info, Tusker House is 'technically' down until January 19th, but may open to some regular day guests as early as November. I'm not sure exactly what that means to be honest? Soft-opening? Maybe not all sections of the restaurant are open until January 19th? I don't know.

Primeval Whirl update dates are tentative for October-end of November 2008.

The ROE globe will be down for a few weeks immediately following the F&W festival completion. I don't have exact dates yet, but it should be back in plenty of time for the Holidays.

American Adventure will be down from January 7-February 3rd.

At DWWS, the Town Greene is being converted into 2 sports fields. The new fields will first be used by the Citrus Bowl teams as a practice field this coming December/January. Also at DWWS, ground should break for the new Josten's Center on or around June 1st 2008.

The new Grand 1 yacht has arrived and is available to book. It's a BEAUTY!

That's the bulk of what I have for now.

beefog

Dinoland is a waste but I like the ride, its a little different then anything else in the world. Its good to be different. Kind of remionds me of the Jersey Shore rides

bgraham34

I heard a co-worker talking about renting the new yacht for a special 25 year anniversary present. They want to see the fireworks with a private dinner.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The ROE globe will be down for a few weeks immediately following the F&W festival completion. I don't have exact dates yet, but it should be back in plenty of time for the Holidays.

Hasnt the globe been rumored to go down several times already? Is it gonna happen this time. Also... what are we supposed to look at while it s gone? :shrug::lol:

From the sounds of it... it will not be there for Thanksgiving... if indeed it goes down after F&W (NOV 12th) and will be out for a "few weeks".

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Hasnt the globe been rumored to go down several times already? Is it gonna happen this time. Also... what are we supposed to look at while it s gone? :shrug::lol:

From the sounds of it... it will not be there for Thanksgiving... if indeed it goes down after F&W (NOV 12th) and will be out for a "few weeks".
It is odd that they haven't given us exact dates. That usually means there's a liquid plan in place. However, it does say that it should be back near the beginning of Holidays Around the World. So maybe a week or two gone? I'm not sure.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
It is odd that they haven't given us exact dates. That usually means there's a liquid plan in place. However, it does say that it should be back near the beginning of Holidays Around the World. So maybe a week or two gone? I'm not sure.

I should be arriving on NOV 12th... which means it will probally be out during my trip :( Meh... if SSE opens on time (any update on that?)... I wont mind as much. lol. Thanks for the info. :wave:

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
I should be arriving on NOV 12th... which means it will probally be out during my trip :( Meh... if SSE opens on time (any update on that?)... I wont mind as much. lol. Thanks for the info. :wave:
Oddly no. SSE is one project I have never heard a peep about. In fact, I heard about it's closing the same time the general public did, on the news at work none-the-less. :shrug:

jakeman

If by retrofit you mean close it down and put something else there than Im all for it.:lol:
That area has a really good story, but the lack of communication of that story to the guest really make the area look as if it is a cheap attempt at a mini-land. I think it is a good idea, just very poorly executed.

DMC-12 said:
... what are we supposed to look at while it s gone?
They'll have Frank from pyro holding a beach ball over his head and turning slowly in a circle...:lol:

Rob562

May close it down for good. Sorry I hate Dinoland, think it's a waste of space

Hey, don't knock Dinoland as a whole. Knock Dino-Rama, the cheap add-on that contains Primeval Whirl and Triceratop Spin...

When Dinoland first opened, it had a great backstory to it that was helped along by Streetmosphere actors. Everything just worked. Then they cheapened the whole concept by adding Dinorama. True, they did have an addition to the backstory to explain its existence, and they executed the theming for that new story flawlessly.... The problem was that it was a bad concept to begin with.

If you ever want a glimpse into what Dinoland *used* to be, stop and read everything in the glassed-in bulletin boards across the path from the entrance to the kid's play area. (there's even a map in there of the original layout to Dinoland, with original names like Countdown to Extinction) It ties everything together, from the Dino Institute to the dig site to the wacky themeing at Restaurantosaurus. It was one of WDI's best backstories ever, IMO, right up there with Tower of Terror.

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ah... the new Grand One. We saw it last week and wondered if was the replacement (didn`t see the name) - it picked up a family after MNSSHP to take them back to the Flori. That`s money for ya!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom