Updates all around...

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Lots of updates on happenings around the world

1.) The Grand 1 is being replaced with a newer Grand 1 yacht. Delivery of the new yacht is set for July 2007.

2.) Starting June 4th (a few weeks ago) and continuing through January 2008, the Grand Floridian is getting new Sheets, Carpet, Flat Panel TVs, Refrigerators, desks, day beds and patio furniture.

3.) From September 1st to October 1st, the all star cafe will be going through a refurb at the main entrance of the restaurant. The entrance is being moved to where the game room currently is, and the current rotunda entrance will not be used.

4.) Rehab work at China has been extended to September 30th, 2007.

5.) Typhoon Lagoon Exact rehab dates are October 28th to January 6th 2008, reopening January 7th.

6.) There will be a crane behind the Castle from September 12th to November 14th. The crane will be installing Christmas Lights on the castle.

7.) Tusker House full rehab dates are August 1st through January 19th of 2008.

8.) There's a tentative rehab for Primeval Whirl in the fall of 2008.

That's all for now!

WDWFigment

6.) There will be a crane behind the Castle from September 12th to November 14th. The crane will be installing Christmas Lights on the castle.

That's all for now!

6) Does it normally take this long to put lights up? I thought it typically was an overnight process. How obtrusive is this crane? Is it going to be an eyesore for guests/ interfere with the view of the castle from the front?

8) Has this been discussed before? I can't imagine why Primeval Whirl needs a refurb, unless it's getting a different theming or something.

Thanks for all the updates!

PhilharMagician

Christmas light on the castle:sohappy:

Tusker House was originally scheduled to reopen on or about November 14th. This is a considerable change moving into January.

Primevil Whirl (I call it the demented flying teacups :hurl: ) really needs some help. it seems to always be down when I am there with some sort of mechanical issues

Animaniac93-98

Announcer: Come to Walt Disney World during the year of a million dreams where for every dream there is a construction tarp.

Is there ANY place in WDW that does not have construction? I know it's for the benefit of the resort but that's allot. Although does anybody know when Ohana's roof will be replaced?

Moustronaut

6) Does it normally take this long to put lights up? I thought it typically was an overnight process. How obtrusive is this crane? Is it going to be an eyesore for guests/ interfere with the view of the castle from the front?

8) Has this been discussed before? I can't imagine why Primeval Whirl needs a refurb, unless it's getting a different theming or something.

Thanks for all the updates!

Several of the Christmas decorations around the kingdom require a crane to put up and take down. We saw them using a small crane once to take down the main tree at MK that was at the begining of mainstreet on Jan 3rd of 2001. They whole thing came down in evergreen covered panels or sections. Kinda cool to watch.

With the castle lights, I am sure they will do the work at night but I'm sure they just leave the crane pushed to the side so they don't have to set it up and tear it down each night giving them only an hour to work. It won't be any more or less obtrusive than any other time they've had a crane out.

And as far as Primeval Whirl goes, they are probably just painting and cleaning.

WDWFigment

^^ I can understand that the refurb on Primeval should be minor, but aren't these kind of things leaked/ announced much closer to the actual downtime? To have this information a year in advance sounds to me like there are 'bigger' plans for it than your garden variety maintenance refurb.

CrashNet

Sweet. I was wondering when they were going finally do that! :D

paul436

1.) The Grand 1 is being replaced with a newer Grand 1 yacht. Delivery of the new yacht is set for July 2007.

2.) Starting June 4th (a few weeks ago) and continuing through January 2008, the Grand Floridian is getting new Sheets, Carpet, Flat Panel TVs, Refrigerators, desks, day beds and patio furniture.
1.) I never got to ride the first one and will probably not ride the new one. C'mon Lotto numbers!:ROFLOL:

2.) Flat panet TVs should be the norm at all resorts nowadays I think.

Baums101

3.) From September 1st to October 1st, the all star cafe will be going through a refurb at the main entrance of the restaurant. The entrance is being moved to where the game room currently is, and the current rotunda entrance will not be used.

4.) Rehab work at China has been extended to September 30th, 2007.

5.) Typhoon Lagoon Exact rehab dates are October 28th to January 6th 2008, reopening January 7th.

7.) Tusker House full rehab dates are August 1st through January 19th of 2008.

That's all for now!
Oh, who cares about primevial whirl.

Vernonpush

Yes!!! Hopefully, the will do something similar to DLP. It's amazing there!!:sohappy:
Does anyone have photos of the DLP Castle with Christmas Lights?:shrug: :xmas:

I LOVE Christmas lights, but I would hate to see an "Osborne Family Spectacle" treatment on Cinderella Castle. (Unless they do it with fiber-optics [or LEDs] from inside the structure.)

dandaman

dlp05_xmas_tree.jpg

Vernonpush

Does anyone have photos of the DLP Castle with Christmas Lights?:shrug: :xmas:

I LOVE Christmas lights, but I would hate to see an "Osborne Family Spectacle" treatment on Cinderella Castle. (Unless they do it with fiber-optics [or LEDs] from inside the structure.)

OK, I retract my previous statement.:lol:
That is beautiful!:xmas:
Thanks dandaman!:wave:

Are the lights used with their fireworks show? Or do they just turn them off for the duration?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom