UPDATED: Casting for a Travel Channel/Disney Special

wickedfan07

My family will be applying as well! But I was just thinking, I know they sent their casting request to a fan websire on purpose but I wonder if the producers will purposely avoid choosing self-proclaimed disney fanatics. I mean, we know too much, right? (Or at least we think we do.:lookaroun) But then again, they want DVC members who would know the inner workings of that anyway, so maybe knowing something about Disney wouldn't be a handicap for being selected. Just a random thought. :shrug:

Good luck to all! Whether we get it or not, I'll be looking for this special to air in August! :D

bfbulldog

My family will be applying as well! But I was just thinking, I know they sent their casting request to a fan websire on purpose but I wonder if the producers will purposely avoid choosing self-proclaimed disney fanatics. I mean, we know too much, right? (Or at least we think we do.:lookaroun) But then again, they want DVC members who would know the inner workings of that anyway, so maybe knowing something about Disney wouldn't be a handicap for being selected. Just a random thought. :shrug:

Good luck to all! Whether we get it or not, I'll be looking for this special to air in August! :D

If it's what we all think it's going to be and that's a giant infomercial for the DVC the producers definitely want people who are DVC'ers or at least get people that are fans enough to be able to portray that they are DVC'ers. I can guarantee you they don't want a bunch of first timers to be in a show about the DVC

MouseMadness

When would said stay take place? :lookaroun

I can't fly starting 6 weeks before my due date :ROFLOL: (But sometimes, what the doctor doesn't know won't hurt him, either
hehe.gif
)

MouseMadness

If it's what we all think it's going to be and that's a giant infomercial for the DVC the producers definitely want people who are DVC'ers or at least get people that are fans enough to be able to portray that they are DVC'ers. I can guarantee you they don't want a bunch of first timers to be in a show about the DVC

Possibly, or possibly they'd like some newcomers to show how wonderful and glorious it is and the "OMG how did I live without this for so long?!" side of it. :lol: :shrug:

That is AWESOME:sohappy: I would love for some one from the boards to be chosen to be on TV. Thanks for the info. Who else better to be chosen that someone who loves Disney as much as one of us.

TAKitty

I sent our info in. I just happened to have a family photo of us at work on my data stick. We never "win" anything, but you you never know unless you try.

orlando210

** families of ethnic or cultural diversity are encouraged to apply

does cultural diversity include being from Buffalo? :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

tazhughes

** families of ethnic or cultural diversity are encouraged to apply

does cultural diversity include being from Buffalo? :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Having lived outside Buffalo for 6 months, I would think beinf from Buffalo would qualify, in fact I'm suprised you don't need to show a passport. :lol:

Huck

Count us in! Just sent our email and now we're like the kid in the commercial...
"I'm too excited to sleep!"

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I sent in an app....I don't like to count on anything, but I'm excited just at the chance...we had been considering DVC membership, and this experience would be just what we dreamed of!

WDWFigment

Sadly, I don't think a couple of college students are what they have in mind for a family, so I didn't apply. Guess we'll have to wait a few years before we're in the proper demographic to win things like this.

wild01ride

This opportunity sounds really amazing, and coming from a family of DVC members and WDW lovers, we would be elated to have this opportunity.

Just one question though: Am I the only one who finds the timing of this to be a little odd? I've never had any experience in TV, acting, etc., but being a person who deals with regular communication and critical timing during the course of my job, I find it a little bit strange that a production company would send a request for casting submissions two weeks before the planned filming period. :shrug:

I mean, assuming this is even a regional casting call or whatever, how in the world could a production company distribute a request, say, 17 days before filming begins, expect to have a suitable cross-section of submissions that will be reasonable to pick from, screen said submissions, contact the selections, make travel arrangements, etc., and execute the plan (not to mention, I'm sure that there must be some further phone interview, face-to-face screening/interview, etc.)?

I just cannot imagine that two weeks is enough time for a production company to complete an entire casting process from announcing the project to having confirmed individuals, production schedule, etc.

Sorry, something just doesn't sound right about the whole thing. :veryconfu

Best of luck to those who submitted their family's info! I can assure you that I'll be watching when this program airs - I live for Travel Channel Disney programs! :wave:

cptwife80

Hmm... Let's see I have the DVC Membership, and the multiple generations. I just don't have the ability to take a bunch of time off from work and go on vacation. Life is not fair.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi Guys, I have just posted a revised profile on the first post of this thread for the remaining four families that are still being cast. It has some more specific details.

Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom