Update to My Disney Experience web site addresses common MagicBand complaint

HolleBolleGijs

I suggested pretty much this exact system like a month ago in another thread, and people told me that it would be too much for guests to handle. Glad to see Disney thought otherwise; hopefully this will help reduce Magic Band waste!!

dumboflyer

Nice option to have, but I sort of like getting new ones. My wife likes to have the option to color-coordinate her MB with her outfit.

10Magic

I have about five blue ones. Now I'm going to get a different color every time. I strung a bunch together and hung it from my Christmas tree.

mguimond1990

So lets say i have a trip planned in sept this year. I have a 5 night stay at AKL and decided to add 2 nights at POP..I have 2 different sets of magicbands (1 for each resort). Can I get rid of one? Because I cannot find a place to do so on the MDE site.

HolleBolleGijs

So lets say i have a trip planned in sept this year. I have a 5 night stay at AKL and decided to add 2 nights at POP..I have 2 different sets of magicbands (1 for each resort). Can I get rid of one? Because I cannot find a place to do so on the MDE site.

Unless you already have an active MB in your possession that is linked to your MDE account, I don't think you can opt out. I'm in the same boat. Most people don't stay at multiple resorts, so this isn't really geared towards that. It's more for people who have already stayed on property in the past year or have annual passes.

DisneyGigi

I noticed yesterday there was a decline button on our new ones when I checked to see if they had shipped. Our old ones will be exactly the begin date as last years trip, so they must give a little over a year life. I wondered what was up with that though!

Biff215

Since they ship separately, you likely could opt out on the second set after the first set was shipped out and made active, although it would be a small window of time. We just got back from a 4/4 split stay and received our bands about a week apart. Either set will work for the entire stay as long as they are active with MDE. I finally realized I could deactivate old bands/cards which seems to help resolve problems when down there.

shipley731

So, you have to be staying on site to be able to opt out? I wonder how many people stay on site more than once per year?

Why not make one with a replaceable battery...?

I stay onsite probably 6-8 times per year. I just live 2 hours away & we go down for the weekend. Between my husband & me, we have more than 2 dozen magic bands at the house.

BrianV

Id like it if you could turn on and off various tickets from your account. You have an AP and a 3 day ticket, YOU should be able to order and select which ticket is at the top yourself.

polynesiangirl

Oh thank GOD they added this. They were going to send us another set just for a single night's stay I tacked on to the end of our next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom