Update on monorail Teal and Lime

NeonNinja

Original Poster
I got an update on Monorail Lime and the testing dates of Monorail Teal.

Monorail Teal- is expected to be back on the line for testing in June and will be in service in the next few months eg July/August time frame. They also said they were behind on the automation process.

Monorail Lime- As you know Monorail Lime was damaged by a tow tractor a few weeks ago. Now I have news about it. They have to rebuild the entire front section of the train due to the front section being damaged Beyond! repair. As of 5/24/2014 Monorail Lime is not expected to be seen until christmas Still the perfect time frame though thats for sure lets hope it stays like that.

Special thanks to a monorail driver for giving me an update on it.

Goofyernmost

Thank you! I can't keep track of all of them honestly.
I can't think of a good reason to keep track of them. I must not be a true fan. I never even noticed that they had different colors on them until someone on a board mentioned it. To me, if they have a monorail train there when I need one, the color of it is of absolutely no consequence.

Rob562

There's monorail green (the one you saw), then there's also a lime green one & teal one. 3 green-ish monorails. Lime has white deltas on it to help tell them apart.

Monorail Green is a primary-color medium green (now that I think of it, I guess it is close to the outside color of actual fruit limes, so that might aid in the confusion).

Monorail Lime is more of a fluorescent-yellowish-green (closer to the color of the innards of a real lime) with the deltas along the side.

Monorail Teal...I'm not sure how to describe the color, other than "lighter shade of blue than Monorail Blue"... :)

-Rob

roj2323

this should help:

wdw_monorail___all_colors_by_bj_o23-d2t9jzk.png

Goofyernmost

OK, but can anybody tell me what significance it has other then the CM knowing what train they are supposed to be in or dispatch knowing which train is where? I still don't understand why I should care.

Goofyernmost

sorry, can all the people who dug in about the last monorail accident and damage not really happening please stand up?
I don't remember anyone saying that it didn't happen. All I remember is multitudes of people feeling that they have a right to know every detail of things that happen at a theme park, during non-park hours, being divulged to them, no matter how minor or even major, like it was any of their business.

Goofyernmost

Then you need to re-read the thread. Lots of 'skeptics' in there who questioned it happening at all because there was no disclosure of it.
Well, that was ego talking and connected with the idea that so many were upset because Disney didn't personally send them a letter of explanation. Who pays any attention to them? Just a few people with a misguided opinion of their place in the world.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom