Update last week 8/10-17

DisneySam

Original Poster
Good Morning All! I just returned from Disney about a week ago, and am still trying to catch up with school and work....so sorry the post has taken a while.

Updates....
Everest is huge! There is no way that pictures can show how great it looks in real life. They were working mostly on the exterior [That I could see of course] and the icy peaks.

Soarin was phenominal! I have never been to DL so I have no basis for comparison but it is now on the top 5 list for me! It was amazing! We sat in the front row (by chance) and it was truely unbelievable. Standby time, 30 minutes, fast pass at 12 or 1 was already at 4-5 pm. Test Track Stopped when we were in the loading area for about 10-15 min, but started back up, wait time 20 mins standby, MS about the same. It was my first trip to EPCOT and the AK, at EPCOT they were doing some exterior work on the Japan (I think) pavillion. Looked like painting retouch. SSE was also great, I know everyone here said it was a must do and it was! It was actually one of the longest lines we waited in but moved quickly.

At MGM we had a lightning storm on Saturday the 13 and Fantasmic was closed. People were freaking, and many went ahead and left early. Is this the same that got the monorail?

At the MK the Train Station is still under rehab, I did not particularly seek out the new Pooh Play area. COP WAS OPEN!!! HOORAY!!!! We were so excited and the only ones singing, but it was a full show! Small World looks great and Don Quixote (SP?) is back!

HM (my favorite MK ride) was out of fastpasses, but we waited like 20 minutes standby at 2 pm the audio was horrible. Our onboard speaker was complete static during the graveyard scene for I don't know how long luckily it kicked back on when the ghost host starts again. It was loud static too. The ride stopped (I assume to let a passenger on) during the "a ghost will follow you home" mirrors which was quite entertaining.
SGE not as bad as I expected, I actually enjoyed it [but I was never on AE so I have no basis for comparison.]
There was also a random wall around the middle of Fantasyland by Pooh and the Dumbos? Not sure what it was.

Notes from all over....the guitar store in DTD is gone, not sure how long it has been, they were doing some exterior touch ups to the Boardwalk, painting and powerwashing.

I have a ton of pictures but could not figure out how to post/ start a photo album, someone PM me so I can share. :eek:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
yep, HM is in need of TLC

looking forward to the pics...... id shed some advice about the photoalbums, but ive never done it myself. just email/PM steve the admin. he is nice and will help you out.

thanks for the verbal update

DisneySam

Original Poster
Tigger1988 said:
Just to let you know HM doesn't give out fastpasses at all anymore. They aren't needed.

Very true, the line looked like it went on forever, but we did not have to wait very long.

DisneySam

Original Poster
I really do like going in August, Luckily I can stand the heat [as a former Florida resident] because the crowds are so minimal, as you can see in that Liberty Square picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom