Update: Escape From Tomorrow

Tonka's Skipper

i am a filmmaker, so no, i don't advocate that at all. Clearly I can't stop you, but I find pirating films of any kind to be in poor taste.

Sorry but I also think using WDW without permission or paying is the same as pirating another's persons/companies property.

this is the same as taking scenes from someone else's movie and using it in your own.

I know legally shady at best, is still wrong!

AKK

darthspielberg

Sorry but I also think using WDW without permission or paying is the same as pirating another's persons/companies property.

this is the same as taking scenes from someone else's movie and using it in your own.

I know legally shady at best, is still wrong!

AKK

Everything that was shot in Disney falls under fair use laws. It's not wrong, nor illegal. The movie never uses Disney music, never directly calls the park Disney world, and only once shows Mickey Mouse for 10 seconds. They covered their legal tracks well.

Tonka's Skipper

Everything that was shot in Disney falls under fair use laws. It's not wrong, nor illegal. The movie never uses Disney music, never directly calls the park Disney world, and only once shows Mickey Mouse for 10 seconds. They covered their legal tracks well.

Good day Darth,

It is still using WDW without permission or paying .

The legal issues are grey as best and the fact is was such a poor thing, Disney decided to not make a legal case of it and let the thing die fast, just like it did.

If someone took part of the guys movie or a character and used it in a theme park or another movie I am sure he would be crying foul!

Whether he got away with it is not the point......it's wrong!

AKK

Bairstow

Tonka's skipper, what laws did the filmmakers break? Where is this "legal gray area" you speak of? Had Disney been aware of what they were doing they COULD have asked them to leave, but they didn't. This alone does not create a legal gray area.

Skip

I really do enjoy the people being butthurt on Disney's behalf. Trust me, they don't need your pity/legal assistance. If they felt it was advantageous to take legal action, they would, but as @AEfx has wonderfully articulated, they've correctly decided it isn't.

For those claiming the film is crap or that it has gained no traction, you couldn't be more wrong. As some have noted it's made headlines on CNN, is available on all of the premiere rental outlets (iTunes, Amazon), and has been making the rounds at film schools - including my own, where an initial planned screening was expanded to two separate screenings to accommodate demand. I was unfortunately unable to attend either, but look forward to seeing the film, it sounds like an awesome experiment.

Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's skipper, what laws did the filmmakers break? Where is this "legal gray area" you speak of? Had Disney been aware of what they were doing they COULD have asked them to leave, but they didn't. This alone does not create a legal gray area.

Well I would suggest you go back and read the articles in the media..................there were a number of opinions on both sides as too if they broke property rights etc., laws.

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

I really do enjoy the people being butthurt on Disney's behalf. Trust me, they don't need your pity/legal assistance. If they felt it was advantageous to take legal action, they would, but as @AEfx has wonderfully articulated, they've correctly decided it isn't.

For those claiming the film is crap or that it has gained no traction, you couldn't be more wrong. As some have noted it's made headlines on CNN, is available on all of the premiere rental outlets (iTunes, Amazon), and has been making the rounds at film schools - including my own, where an initial planned screening was expanded to two separate screenings to accommodate demand. I was unfortunately unable to attend either, but look forward to seeing the film, it sounds like an awesome experiment.

Yes it is getting attention because they did it at Disney. When you think about it the only reason it has gotten attention is because of the Disney name. Outside of the *artsy world* it fell right off the charts in less then 2 weeks, in fact it never made it to any real theater except the artsy ones!

That's as it was reported in the box office sites, CNN and other media!

AKK

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I wonder, reading all your reviews and comments, makes me imagine this movie being a smashup of a trippy LSD driven story (a la "Enter the void" ) with a Disney creepy terror undertone.

I wonder if I should push myself to see it just because...

Tonka's Skipper

OK let me rephrase that... Then you must not like Jeff Lange, or Lou Mongello....

Hello Dxer07002

Why would I even dislike them?......I don't like them using others intellectual property, in this case Disney and the imaginers just to get attention for their own project.

As I mentioned earlier, if someone took footage from their movie and used it on another project they would be yelling Foul!

Samething. Lets be honest here if they hadn't been using the Disney name , we would never have heard of this little movie as it never would have heard about beyond the artsy crowd.

Hopefully in the future they will make something that can stand on its own legs.

AKK

HDS

i am a filmmaker, so no, i don't advocate that at all. Clearly I can't stop you, but I find pirating films of any kind to be in poor taste.
Get it free like they did. I saw it,, ehh. A story about a perv visiting Disney being unfaithful to his wife. It doesn't attack Disney but uses it to gain publicity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom