Upcoming/Rumored Projects

YankeeFan13

Below you will find all the evidence you need to know that the Disney Speedway belongs in the Magic Kingdom.

tomorrowland-speedway.jpg

Remember...just because you do not like an attraction does not make it a bad attraction.
I agree completely. The kids love that ride. I was there recently and the line for the speedway was as long or longer than Space Mountain at most times. It could use an update though.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree completely. The kids love that ride. I was there recently and the line for the speedway was as long or longer than Space Mountain at most times. It could use an update though.
No question that that it needs an update, but I think all the people calling for its removal have forgotten what it was like to be a kid. For many of us, myself and my three daughters included, the speedway was the first car we ever drove. I would love for the same to be true for my grand kids, great grand kids and so on.

Bacalou

They could convert the gas cars to LIM driven cars or even electric with wireless recharging. That way it would be cool to show future car technology, keep the track and etc...

jt04

They could convert the gas cars to LIM driven cars or even electric with wireless recharging. That way it would be cool to show future car technology, keep the track and etc...

Or give it a 'Cars' theme and move the concept it to an area connected to Pixar Place with all the other stuff you mention here.

Winner.

~mini Carsland~

MonorailMan

Or give it a 'Cars' theme and move the concept it to an area connected to Pixar Place with all the other stuff you mention here.

Winner.

~mini Carsland~
Personally, a Carsland doesn't belong in MK; it should go in HS... The speedway will forever always been in MK because it was (1) an original ride that Walt had in Disneyland and (2) it is an original ride that Walt had in his plans for MK... Although it doesn't necessarily fit the tomorrow theme, it was a thing of the future when originally planned.

jt04

Personally, a Carsland doesn't belong in MK; it should go in HS... The speedway will forever always been in MK because it was (1) an original ride that Walt had in Disneyland and (2) it is an original ride that Walt had in his plans for MK... Although it doesn't necessarily fit the tomorrow theme, it was a thing of the future when originally planned.

So where is Pixar Place? I must be lost. :cyclops:

raymusiccity

Sugar rush? Tron?

'Sugar Rush' would be a great transition to NFL and would be an easy rehab. Most of the props already exist in their Christmas Warehouse. Plop some giant gum drops down and you're good to go! (Sugar Rush would also be themed perfectly for Halloween and the Christmas Seasons, with a few chocolate bunnies thrown in for Spring!)
:happy:

RSoxNo1

Below you will find all the evidence you need to know that the Disney Speedway belongs in the Magic Kingdom.

tomorrowland-speedway.jpg

Remember...just because you do not like an attraction does not make it a bad attraction.
So it's a good ride for the people from New York city that don't have driver's licenses? This attraction has a huge footprint on the edge of Fantasyland. You could fit two Splash Mountains on it's footprint. Tell me with a straight face that the land couldn't be better used.

WDWDad13

'Sugar Rush' would be a great transition to NFL and would be an easy rehab. Most of the props already exist in their Christmas Warehouse. Plop some giant gum drops down and you're good to go! (Sugar Rush would also be themed perfectly for Halloween and the Christmas Seasons, with a few chocolate bunnies thrown in for Spring!)
:happy:

Exactly why it'll never happen. It makes sense

Oh and re theme the cars and go to electrical. That smell and noise needs to go - certainly not tomorrowland-like

Mike K

I actually never thought about the Speedway transforming into Sugar Rush, but it's a great idea! I always envisioned it bearing a Tron makeover but Test Track sort of took that route already.

Otamin

I'm really not sure how Sugar Rush would fit at all, if I'm honest.

A small Discoveryland type area would be fantastic however, especially since it would help bridge the gap between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

WDWDad13

I'm really not sure how Sugar Rush would fit at all, if I'm honest.

A small Discoveryland type area would be fantastic however, especially since it would help bridge the gap between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

I see your point but it could make a good transition into fantasyland

I'm not sure gas powered Indy car go carts fit tomorrowland either

MonorailMan

I think if Disney made the track longer and updated the cars (made them a lot quieter and energy efficient) it would be a great improvement from what is there right now. And add laser lights around the track at night or something that gives it a future type of feel. I'm just not feeling the re-theme ideas...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom