Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Bacalou

Located in Busch Gardens is a roller coaster that uses linear induction motors. Meanwhile, in Tomorrowland, you can ride the LIM powered People Mover. Located in Sea World is a trackless vehicle ride where you encounter penguins. Meanwhile, in Tomorrowland you can witness "teleportation" and have Stitch spit on you. Very exciting.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe in all of WDW, the two most advanced ride systems are Space and Everest. I'm not sure if the America based Disney parks know what Tomorrow means in the land name or really understand the Future part of Epcot (Center).

Seabasealpha1

I'd personally like to see them ditch the speedway altogether. To me, it's tacky to have a car ride like that in the middle of what's supposed to be a themed land geared towards a "retro future" that never was. Not to mention the fact that that's a HUGE bit of real estate in which they could build something awesome. Seems like a waste of space to me. If I wanted to ride something like that, I could go down the street to a go-cart track and get a way better thrill for about the same amount of gasoline...

I'd like to see them adopt a more steam-punk approach to Tomorrowland kinda like DLP or TDS. Or maybe a true retro Disneyland "Man In Space" type motif. At least that way there could be a more cohesive theme. They also could maybe send Monsters Inc. packing to DHS and killing off that Stitch thing. Both of which do NOT fit very well (as most of you know).

Eh...we'll see what comes next for MK. Tomorrowland is the obvious choice because it is now officially the worst put-together, most tacky, least well themed land in the park. Perhaps even out of all the Tomorrowlands out there...

dstrawn9889

Located in Busch Gardens is a roller coaster that uses linear induction motors. Meanwhile, in Tomorrowland, you can ride the LIM powered People Mover. Located in Sea World is a trackless vehicle ride where you encounter penguins. Meanwhile, in Tomorrowland you can witness "teleportation" and have Stitch spit on you. Very exciting.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe in all of WDW, the two most advanced ride systems are Space and Everest. I'm not sure if the America based Disney parks know what Tomorrow means in the land name or really understand the Future part of Epcot (Center).

negative the most advanced ride systems on WDW property are TTA, RnR, and ToT. Why these? TTA is LIM driven, RNR has the LIM launch, and ToT is wireless and trackless while outside the elevator carriages

Bacalou

negative the most advanced ride systems on WDW property are TTA, RnR, and ToT. Why these? TTA is LIM driven, RNR has the LIM launch, and ToT is wireless and trackless while outside the elevator carriages
Ah! OK, I'll give Tomorrowland a point for the LIM there. LoL! Sad that those other advanced ride techs don't appear in the MK's Tomorrowland. Seems to me, LIM would be great for Space Mountain.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

I'd personally like to see them ditch the speedway altogether. To me, it's tacky to have a car ride like that in the middle of what's supposed to be a themed land geared towards a "retro future" that never was. Not to mention the fact that that's a HUGE bit of real estate in which they could build something awesome. Seems like a waste of space to me. If I wanted to ride something like that, I could go down the street to a go-cart track and get a way better thrill for about the same amount of gasoline...

I used to love the speedway as a kid, but I feel pretty much the same as you about it nowadays.

Rteetz

I think it's truly for kids I don't see many adults by themselves on that ride. When I was young I loved it too. I don't think they should get rid of it I think they need to do something else with it a new futuristic theme would be great.
I used to love the speedway as a kid, but I feel pretty much the same as you about it nowadays.

Kman101

Seeing the speedway again the other day, it just looks so sad and out of place. It really really does. They need to use that valuable real estate for something else.

Fox&Hound

Would love to see the Speedway go and become real estate for Frozen.

As far as TL is concerned, it really is just a weird concrete space that lacks of a cohesive theme. I think they should take Tomorrowland Terrace and make it themed to a planetarium. How cool would that be???? I mean, obviously it could not be that dark in there but it could be cool.

I always thought they would capatilize on WallE in that section of the park and space travel in general. Star Wars wold be a great addition too, even if it was just a M&G or smaller ride so that HS could get most of the SW love.

RSoxNo1

Would love to see the Speedway go and become real estate for Frozen.

As far as TL is concerned, it really is just a weird concrete space that lacks of a cohesive theme. I think they should take Tomorrowland Terrace and make it themed to a planetarium. How cool would that be???? I mean, obviously it could not be that dark in there but it could be cool.

I always thought they would capatilize on WallE in that section of the park and space travel in general. Star Wars wold be a great addition too, even if it was just a M&G or smaller ride so that HS could get most of the SW love.
I think moving it's a small world to Epcot will also open up Fantasyland even more.

The Mouse

Sorry I wasn't paying attention concerning which speedway. My idea was for the Walt Disney World Speedway.
I believe they were discussing the tomorrowland speedway (which I wouldn't be sad to see go) but for WDW Speedway while I like your idea I'm not sure it is really all to feasible. Orlando isn't a major concert stop for most artists. Building an amphitheater that only a few music acts could fill enough of to make worthwhile wouldn't be a great decision. There are plenty of other venues in Orlando (HOB, Hard Rock, Beacham, Bob Carr, soon to be Dr. Phillips Center) that fill the smaller demand and Amway does a nice job for the larger events.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Below you will find all the evidence you need to know that the Disney Speedway belongs in the Magic Kingdom.

tomorrowland-speedway.jpg

Remember...just because you do not like an attraction does not make it a bad attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom