Up, Up, Updates Away

kcnole

Why would having Big Thunder Mountain use a silent lift hill be any more out of theme than Everest doing so. It would be nice if they both had some train audio in place.

Slowjack

This has always been a question that has puzzled me. We all know what Italian, Greek, Chinese etc food is but what truly is "American" food. It seems like all of what most people perceive as American food had it's origins somewhere else. Some have traced hamburgers all the way back to Genghis Khan , hot dogs were from Germany, even good old American Apple Pie gets its origins from Europe.
Well, every food culture is influenced by others. Italian food, for example, uses a lot of pasta and tomato, but the tomato is native to the Americas, and pasta comes from China. It's all about the specifics and how you put it together. Lots of different cultures have "steak" as an entree, and its how the meat is cooked and seasoned that would make it American instead of Japanese or whatever.

cb3k

I personally liked my idea of making the eatery at the American Pavillion a buffet, with Body Wars moving over so that it's adjacent to the eatery, renaming it "Obesity: The Experience" and have a new video that has us travel the body while it's having a heart attack.
Haha..I like this idea a lot. You won the "Imagineer of the Day" award.

imagineer boy

I'm glad they're quieting the lift noise on BTMRR because the first lift in the cave is so loud that when it comes out of the tunnel, I'm temporaily deaf.

TheDisneyMagic

It would be like the swapping in and out of the oldest sister from Rosanne. One episode they froze and stated that she would be played by the 2nd chick because the first had other obligations. Still cracks me up today.

And the funny thing about this is that in this Episode the family were going to Disney for their vacation.

Rosanne says arn't you glad you made it this week. :D

Liverstealer

This is slightly off topic, but Re-Dis, is there any way you can confirm or deny that Dragon Tower (or a similar coaster/flume ride) was still on the drawing board for DAK around...oh let's say Febuary 2005? I would be very interested in your answer either way.-

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anything to do with BK in AK has not been on the drawing board seriously in many moons. It went the way of the dodo in late 2001, early 2002.

jam814

Anything to do with BK in AK has not been on the drawing board seriously in many moons. It went the way of the dodo in late 2001, early 2002.

Well thats a bummer. You would think with Mr. Iger investing all this money in the parks and wanting quality along with what EE has done for DAK that this would be a great time to bring reconsider this.

So just out of curiosity what is on the drawing board for DAK other then that river of lights parade for the night? Any info would be appreciated.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Why would having Big Thunder Mountain use a silent lift hill be any more out of theme than Everest doing so. It would be nice if they both had some train audio in place.

Unlike everest, the main lift for btm is inside that cave so you can hide the
speakers. They would have to implement a speaker system in the engine in the back.. $$$

kcnole

Unlike everest, the main lift for btm is inside that cave so you can hide the
speakers. They would have to implement a speaker system in the engine in the back.. $$$

I'm not saying they shouldn't put some speakers in, I'm just saying it wouldn't be any more out of theme than Everest having a quiet engine. Personally I think they should do it in both locations. They could easily add speakers alongside the everest route in what appear to be stones or tree trunks or the like.

ToTBellHop

Very cool,kinda sad to hear about the Liberty Inn changes.I liked the old fast food.

Any word on the SSE refurb?
oh I know...cuz it's so hard to find a burger and fries at Disney World. Personally, I always found it a bit insulting that with all of the fine dining around World Showcase, the American Adventure served McDonald's quality food. I know I'm proud to be an American....

EPCOT Explorer

Well, excuse me for enjoying a family tradition.That's usually my familys spot to indulge and get Fast Food a rarity in my family.I'm proud to be an American too,I just like the food.

If you don;t have anything nice to post,don't post it at all,I'm sure that's in the rules somewhere.:)

Laura

More updates for you's guys:

- Carousel of Progress will be going down for a short two or three day refurb sometime in the next couple of months (sooner rather than later). We're going to be changing out some set pieces in the final "modern" scene and also changing out the video game movie which plays on the television.

- Mickey's PhilharMagic will be receiving a significant boost in advertising and space in our material. Hopefully this will counteract our latest study that shows many casual Walt Disney World guests do not recognize Mickey's PhilharMagic as a major attraction, which results in less guests experiencing the attraction. This is also resulting in longer lines for our other attractions in Fantasyland and a waste of our FastPass machines used on that attraction.

- Liberty Inn, a restaurant at the American Pavillion in Epcot's World Showcase, will be receiving a major menu change. At this time, I am unaware of the timeframe for the planned switch, but I can confirm that the menu changes will feature traditional American cuisine items that are often associated with American holidays. Planned menu items include chicken and dumplings, dressing, sweet potato casserole, potato salad, baked beans, etc. Expect the menu prices to increase.

- Toy Story Mania interactive elements have been dramatically improved since I previously told you to expect a delay in the attraction's opening. The attraction will still struggle to open in the timeframe executives had hoped for, but now it appears we're dealing with weeks rather than months. The issue was that the interactive element graphics were not at the level Lassetter (and many others) were expecting.

- The upcoming Big Thunder Mountain Railroad refurbishment will feature a re-do to the queue line. We're also replacing several parts in the falling boulder rooms along with replacing the pipes and spouts which release the waterfalls. A new chain lift system has been planned to go into Big Thunder, which will quiet the lift noise. However, the chain lifts are not planned to be replaced in this refurbishment which means BTMR will receive a second refurbishment sometime after the October downtime (my guess is early spring).

Have fun and salt your news / rumors for added flavor...

PLEASE change the clothes on the family in the final scene. They are so 80's and it's embarrassing!

Very excited about the new menu at Liberty Inn.

Not excited that lines to Philharmagic will be increasing, but I understand. :lol:

sknydave

The final scene in COP always reminds me of Back to the Future 2 when Marty sees what his life is like in the future.

WDWGuide

Also slightly OT:

Just how close was Fire Mountain to being greenlit? That seemed to be an extremely well-supported rumor at the time.

Same with the Epcot Gemini project - is that still on any agendas?

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom