News UP! A Great Bird Adventure Getting A Rewrite

jmuboy

This is essentially Flights of Wonder without Guano Joe. A substantial improvement over UP! A Great Bird Adventure. I'll miss Guano Joe, but if this change is permanent I'd absolutely go back to see this show on a regular basis.

I agree - the original show was great. Fun and educational. No silly forced IP needed. I walked out of the UP version when I saw it the first (and only) time.

John park hopper

I agree - the original show was great. Fun and educational. No silly forced IP needed. I walked out of the UP version when I saw it the first (and only) time.
We sat through it hoping it would get better (it didn't) and was dumb founded as to why they destroyed a great informative show

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I finally saw "Feathered Friends in Flight" and loved it. We were huge fans of the original "Flights of Wonder" with Guano Joe and probably saw that a hundred times. Then came the UP version in 2018 and that was so bad. We missed Guano Joe and couldn't stand the stupid characters interrupting all the time. What a mistake that was. The new show is even better than the original. Now it's just the bird handlers showing off the birds with no interruptions. They had some new tricks that we hadn't seen before, like audience members holding up their arms in a circle so that birds could fly through. The kid throwing up a grape for the Trumpeter Hornbill has been replaced by a kid stomping on a 'grape launcher' for less interaction, which I thought was clever. The whole show was very well done. As we walked out I overheard two other guests tell a cast member that they liked it much better than the UP version. I imagine the bird handlers and trainers must prefer this version as well. I hope this is here to stay.

IMG_9902.JPG

IMG_9916.JPG

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Disney doesn't just drop IP.
There's got to be more at play here. UP didn't work in Asia but that doesn't mean it won't be used elsewhere.

Dinoland anyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom