News UP! A Great Bird Adventure Getting A Rewrite

unmitigated disaster

We saw the original in 2013 and loved it. We saw it in 2018 and just sat there in disbelief. It's so bad. Plus they took even more time away from the show by talking about Diwali. Um, I'm there to see birds. Talking about Diwali would be a good thing at Epcot in a temporary tent or something.

Cmdr_Crimson

We want Guano! We want Guano! We want Guano!
guano-they-have-guano.jpg

TrainsOfDisney

Haha I only ever saw one actor really play him. I am
Sure there were many but...

Yes, he was fantastic. He used to play “Roman Holiday” In citizens of Hollywood. Back in those days you could have Roman Holiday, Frances Floot, the original Stone Granite, and so many more fantastic actors... I miss those days. The few citizens that are left are still great, but not like it was.

Several of the old Adventurers Club Actors have played Guano Joe and there was at least one Guano Jane.

I really love birds, and can barely stomach the new show. The big problem is there is no conflict... everyone just talks in the same happy tone. It was the conflict of Guano Joe interrupting the show, and then not liking birds that provided the entertainment. If the up characters interrupted the show and annoyed the guides, it would at least work a little better.

JustInTime

Yes, he was fantastic. He used to play “Roman Holiday” In citizens of Hollywood. Back in those days you could have Roman Holiday, Frances Floot, the original Stone Granite, and so many more fantastic actors... I miss those days. The few citizens that are left are still great, but not like it was.

Several of the old Adventurers Club Actors have played Guano Joe and there was at least one Guano Jane.

I really love birds, and can barely stomach the new show. The big problem is there is no conflict... everyone just talks in the same happy tone. It was the conflict of Guano Joe interrupting the show, and then not liking birds that provided the entertainment. If the up characters interrupted the show and annoyed the guides, it would at least work a little better.
You’ve hit the nail on the head. They could easily fold him back into it. Wonder what he is doing now?

Kman101

You’ve hit the nail on the head. They could easily fold him back into it. Wonder what he is doing now?

I saw one actor who was just great. It was a loss but they could have included him with Russell and Dug and changed the role a bit. I keep saying it, but it wasn't hard here ... lol. Not sure why they make it so difficult for themselves.

DAK1928

On this week's Disney Dish, Len Testa and Jim Hill discuss the show's poor performance and expected revisions during the upcoming refurb. Len predicts a more streamlined story which introduces bird encounters more quickly.

Jim also speculates that a Rio theme could be considered in future now that the Fox deal is approved.

cursivesailor

We used to go to the bird show every trip. This last time was the first time we saw the new version... We both said it was terrible. It was a bird show with barely any birds. Said we wouldnt be going back unless they changed it again.

FigmentJedi

On this week's Disney Dish, Len Testa and Jim Hill discuss the show's poor performance and expected revisions during the upcoming refurb. Len predicts a more streamlined story which introduces bird encounters more quickly.

Jim also speculates that a Rio theme could be considered in future now that the Fox deal is approved.
Problem is that even though they'd make perfect sense as hosts for a bird show, the two human characters in Rio aren't exactly the marketable draw that execs would want and the lead species is down to about 60 captive birds that have vastly more important breedy things to do rather then perform for tourists in Florida. Could easily have animatronics or puppets fill in, but then you might end up with the real birds attacking those.

pdude81

They spent the money changing the theming and adding characters, but it would be best if they just had a bird show where the characters added color commentary and surprising reactions rather than taking up any large amounts of time. Or have them be the hype men at the opening of the show to introduce the real host.... then get out of the way

JustInTime

I saw one actor who was just great. It was a loss but they could have included him with Russell and Dug and changed the role a bit. I keep saying it, but it wasn't hard here ... lol. Not sure why they make it so difficult for themselves.
I think he could have been a wilderness explorer scoutmaster/troop leader who just so happens to HATE the wilderness. And now we have a plot and story lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom