UoE

RoninHood

Original Poster
I think the next attraction that needs an overhall is "Ellen's not so excellent energy Adventure".lol
Its just plain stupid now and not funny anymore,they need to change this asap,but keep the dinosaurs though there cool.

Tigger1988

I like it as well, and now Ellen is back in the spotlight with her talkshow..so I don't think theres a big rush to change it.

TheDisneyMagic

This is one of my favourite attractions throughout WDW, I must admit there are a few things that need to be repaired in the show such as when Ellen tells us that we are now dreaming in wide screen and the screens magically expand, the curtains no longer move. The image it's self expands at the correct time but it looks very poor when the scene is first entered because the blank screen glows white.

CoffeeJedi

i'm pretty happy with the current show. I think it would be a little more "timeless" if it was an original character instead of Ellen (Bill Nye is fine though), but her "average person" personality fits well into the story.

The best thing added in the revamp was the "birth of the universe" sequence. You really do feel like you're flying through time. Between the huge screen and the sound effects, its a very visceral experience.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ellen and Bill who?

In the UK, not that many people are aware who Ellen is, let along Bill Nye... I dare say other countries are the same. Maybe if ABC (Disney owned) didn`t have Ellen things would be different. This version is 10 years old R&D wise, time for a decent replacement. Along the lines already discussed elsewhere:D (do a search for earlier UoE threads)

General Grizz

Ellen is getting some more popularity here in the States... now if only they'd start showing Bill Nye again... ;)

In all honesty, I love this show. It's hilarious and is true to the themes - past, present, future of, and the need for - energy resources. Very educational. And the music...

Tigger1988

marni1971 said:
Ellen and Bill who?

In the UK, not that many people are aware who Ellen is, let along Bill Nye... I dare say other countries are the same. Maybe if ABC (Disney owned) didn`t have Ellen things would be different. This version is 10 years old R&D wise, time for a decent replacement. Along the lines already discussed elsewhere:D (do a search for earlier UoE threads)

Ellen isn't on ABC anymore though. Shes on NBC.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ah. She is on ABC1 in the UK, on Digital TV. Since this is the `new` TV transmisison format over here, most of the UK population won`t see her for a few years (when analogue switches off & everyone goes digital)

Tigger1988

marni1971 said:
Ah. She is on ABC1 in the UK, on Digital TV. Since this is the `new` TV transmisison format over here, most of the UK population won`t see her for a few years (when analogue switches off & everyone goes digital)

Ah, ok I understand now.

DLP Fan

How long does the ride take? Are you sitting in the ride cars for ages or do you get out and walk at stages? Probably a daft question but I remember seeing on a map it lasted about 30mins.

Tigger1988

DLP Fan said:
How long does the ride take? Are you sitting in the ride cars for ages or do you get out and walk at stages? Probably a daft question but I remember seeing on a map it lasted about 30mins.

its about 45 minutes and you're in a huge ride car

Connor002

the movie is long if you have to stand the whole time, but with ellen coming back into the spotlight i don't see it going anywhere

besides, maybe anyone who dosen't know who bill nye is will just think that it
s an origianal character disney made up

Tigger1988

Connor002 said:
the movie is long if you have to stand the whole time, but with ellen coming back into the spotlight i don't see it going anywhere

besides, maybe anyone who dosen't know who bill nye is will just think that it
s an origianal character disney made up

You're sitting down, and Bill Nye had his own tv show in the '90s. It was educational and fun for kids. And it focused on science...hence the name Bill Nye the Science Guy

I believe his real name is Bill Nye...I could be wrong

www.billnye.com

Testtrack321

General Grizz said:
Ellen is getting some more popularity here in the States... now if only they'd start showing Bill Nye again... ;)

In all honesty, I love this show. It's hilarious and is true to the themes - past, present, future of, and the need for - energy resources. Very educational. And the music...

They are:

http://eyesofnye.org/

frcouk83

I think Ellen is great. There are many other things that need rehab before they do anything with Ellen. They need to do somekind of rehab with WoL!!!!

Tigger1988

frcouk83 said:
I think Ellen is great. There are many other things that need rehab before they do anything with Ellen. They need to do somekind of rehab with WoL!!!!

I agree, there is no dire need to change UoE, Ellen is popular again and the ride still holds strong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom