Unsure who to vote for regarding the Walt Disney Co. Board

Indy_UK

They will push bad changes. And Peltz has a history of manipulating the media and stock to influence board members to getting his way. He does not have a good track record with the companies he has been on the board of (with one notable exception) so why give him the chance?

Him and Rasulo would still be massively outnumbered on the board and Im sure ignored for a large part but things are bad now and I am sick of this Iger picked board walking to his beat of Iger's drum.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Him and Rasulo would still be massively outnumbered on the board and Im sure ignored for a large part but things are bad now and I am sick of this Iger picked board walking to his beat of the drum.

History has not shown that. On the boards he's been on, even though he has only one or two seats, he has gotten his way. If he gets on the board, it will make Iger look like a prince.

Brian

Look, Iger is not great, but Peltz would be a disaster. If he gets on the board, it will destroy the company.
This sentiment, which has been repeated several times in this thread, seems rather hyperbolic. I fail to see how he and Rasulo would be able to effectively strong arm other board members into supporting things that would "destroy" the company. They have a fiduciary duty to the shareholders.

Casper Gutman

I don't like Peltz and Rasulo but them being on the board is only going to surely push change? They've got nowhere near enough clout to take over in any way so why not?
The idea that all “change” is good is shockingly naive. This is an example of that overwhelming modern American bias that things can’t get worse. There is massive evidence that Peltz will make things substantially worse.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Some short term pain for long term gain may be necessary for a company like Disney. I am not that invested either way...

Brian

Many of the posters advocating for this move are motivated by a desire to harm those they perceive as their cultural and political “enemies.” You can see it again and again, in thread after thread. It’s spite.
We have been repeatedly and politely asked to refrain from discussing politics, so I fail to see why you attempt to make this and other threads political.

Disstevefan1

I've followed very slightly the whole Nelson Peltz, etc, board fight going on but am conflicted regarding who to vote for. I love Disney World, have been disappointed by what I see as a decline in innovation and the feeling of them resting on their laurels in the theme park space and confused by the direction they have taken with their entertainment properties. I'm considering voting for Peltz and Rasulo for the board but admit I have fairly limited knowledge of what they actually plan to do to improve things and how they would go about it. I'd appreciate any informed opinions members here could give me both for and against the board members up for a vote. Thanks!
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Even if Peltz gets the two seats, the rest of the board are aligned with Iger, so how much influence can the two seats have?

Plus, even if Peltz gets the two seats, Iger board members will immediately increase the board with more aligned with Iger, right?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
so why give him the chance?
Because under the current crop of geniuses, $DIS in comparison to the broader indexes has been killing it? getting killed?
1707234130333.png

ABQ

Make your own decisions, do your own research. Looking at this on my trading site tells me all I need to know about how things are going.
1707234462702.png

Whether or not the current board is to blame or is to be relied upon to right the ship is yet to be seen. However, the DIS board of directors only job is to protect the interests of shareholders and stakeholders. Have they been doing that? If so, re-elect them, if not, then don't, up to each individual shareholder.

Disstevefan1

Another question I have is are we to assume Pektz’s only objective is to break up the company and sell off the parts so he can make money?

There is no possibility he wants to fix the company so the stock price goes up so he can make money?

And let’s say the parks are broken off. Does that mean all the money the parks make can go back into the parks instead of propping up a company that keeps making money losing movies?

These are sincere questions.

JoeCamel

I've followed very slightly the whole Nelson Peltz, etc, board fight going on but am conflicted regarding who to vote for. I love Disney World, have been disappointed by what I see as a decline in innovation and the feeling of them resting on their laurels in the theme park space and confused by the direction they have taken with their entertainment properties. I'm considering voting for Peltz and Rasulo for the board but admit I have fairly limited knowledge of what they actually plan to do to improve things and how they would go about it. I'd appreciate any informed opinions members here could give me both for and against the board members up for a vote. Thanks!
I don't know about agendas but I do know that the vote will be settled by the hedge funds and investment bankers not your vote

Dranth

However, the DIS board of directors only job is to protect the interests of shareholders and stakeholders. Have they been doing that? If so, re-elect them, if not, then don't, up to each individual shareholder.
This is an oversimplification in my mind.

The alternative matters. If you think they have but the alternative will do a better job you still vote against them. Just like in this case where many think they haven't but the alternative is worse so they vote to keep the board.

Trauma

Another question I have is are we to assume Pektz’s only objective is to break up the company and sell off the parts so he can make money?

There is no possibility he wants to fix the company so the stock price goes up so he can make money?

And let’s say the parks are broken off. Does that mean all the money the parks make can go back into the parks instead of propping up a company that keeps making money losing movies?

These are sincere questions.
The company is going to be broken up anyways.

It’s in a death spiral.

Dranth

Peltz has repeatedly spoken of the parks being the "crown jewel" of Disney, and has indicated that he is in favor of the $60bn planned capex, so long as it generates a good ROI. That's a very reasonable prospect for a for-profit company.
Please show how street entertainment, C or D ticket rides, increased maintenance, merch/food quality generate a good ROI.

I'll help, you can't.

That is the problem with people who ignore other metrics and focus so heavily on something as simplistic as ROI. Yes, Iger is guilty of this too which is one reason I am ready for him to go but why bring in a worse version of what we are all already sick of dealing with?

Trauma

Honestly it should tell you something when some of the biggest, longest-tenured anti-Iger train members say there is no way you should put those 2 on the board.
If it isn’t Peltz it will just be someone else.

There is no future under Bob Iger and the board refuses to remove him.

The same tired excuse. There is no one who can do the job.

All the executives on earth that would be dying to be known as the Man/Women who saves Disney, but only the almighty Iger can do the job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom