News Unscheduled Rock ‘N’ Roller Closure

180º

Original Poster
EDIT: WDWMAGIC article here:

From earlier:

BlogMickey is reporting that Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster remains closed after a few days ago when it went down unexpectedly. This isn’t all that alarming considering this has happened with a few attractions in the last 12 months, but I thought it warranted a thread where we can track its status. Not sure what the protocol is with linking to other not-forbidden news sites, so I’ll refrain from linking to an article right now.

Last edited:

180º

Original Poster
I’d assume (without knowing) it’s connected to the launch again.
A matter of shelf life? Incredicoaster brought with it a new LSM launch system. Launches are so popular in new Intamins and Vekomas alike that there are bound to be upgrades available from the manufacturer. Is WDSP upgrading their launch during the re-theme?

Though RNRC’s style of Vekoma is ancient even compared to California Screamin’s style of Intamin, so 😐

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I thought it weird that the closure happened to coincide with the first - I feared some sort of contractual problem with music rights and the first of the year - but hopefully it's not related to that at all.
You jest, but with COVID there is no preshow and won’t be for the foreseeable future, so removing Aerosmith branding and music and making it generic would not be an impossible task.

KBLovedDisney

You jest, but with COVID there is no preshow and won’t be for the foreseeable future, so removing Aerosmith branding and music and making it generic would not be an impossible task.
steven tyler aerosmith GIF

DISR

I had two days at DHS and two days at EP last week. RnR and TT were down most of the time I was in those respective parks. Seemed like a pretty chronic problem with both rides. Missing the rides was bad enough, but having all the people in those queues go to other rides just made the logjams worse. There just aren't enough things open right now to take a major attraction off the table during peak crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom