Universal trying to take Disney business

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
All of you who are attacking others, stand warned. Keep the thread civil or else.

Bryy2001

Just a thought....does anyone think Disney will launch a counter campaign and take a tasteful swipe at Universal, or maybe just a campaign that plugs their thrill rides and targets teens and twenty-somethings? It couldn't hurt. I'll give good old Mikey Eisner a call. :lol:

neilmusgrove

I have been twice to Florida and i am off in 2004, I think that Universal is fantastic and i like the look of IOA. Universal has plenty of good rides but could do with a new big one ( i suspect the budget went all on IOA).

However
IMHO

Universal cannot even come close to the magic that is Disney - the thing that sets disney apart from the competition is the themeing. It is absolutley superb, just look at Test Track or Rock 'n' Rollercoaster or.. or... or.......... Unbeatable, and what about the parades and the shows - Fantasmic is incredible.

Neil

themovienight

I've worked at both Universal and Disney. I remember going to both orientations and found a big difference between the two. In my orientation at Universal the person conducting it said something I will always remember. "By the way you know you guys can say the D-word around here. They were here first and they bring in business." I thought that was pretty cool. Universal realizes that Disney was there first and they know that many of the people who come to Florida come for Disney, but they also know they want to be different. While Disney thinks that they are the only theme park Universal says "We know that you guys know about Disney now here is the alternative, and that's us."

People have different prefrences and some people prefer the slightly more edgier Universal over the more cute Disney. Right now Disney might be loosing business because even though kids have grown up on classic Disney movies, they also have seen movies like MIB, Jurassic Park and Spiderman and have read books like The Cat in the Hat. Also it seems that a lot of teenagers like to go to Universal better because it offers more thrills as supposed to Disney which sometimes likes to tone down things so that families can ride it together

I think both parks are incredible and the fact of the matter is, that they are good for each other. People who come to Disney sometimes go to Universal and vice versa. Both parks have their strengths and weaknesses, and let's face it, in the kind of the slump that both parks in right now the competition couldn't hurt right now.

Just my 2 cents. :)

strobe

Originally posted by themovienight

I think both parks are incredible and the fact of the matter is, that they are good for each other. People who come to Disney sometimes go to Universal and vice versa. Both parks have their strengths and weaknesses, and let's face it, in the kind of the slump that both parks in right now the competition couldn't hurt right now.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Well said! I like Disney better, but they are both very nice parks. Sometimes it's fun to see something else. It's good for the area, and with Sea World becoming better and better, it just ups the bar for everyone. Without competition, any one of the parks could easily become lax and stagnant. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Brooke

i haven't seen that commercial...when did you see it??

and some people like disney better, some people like universal better, big deal people are going to have different opinions..i personally like universal better but i dont want to fight with anyone about it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom